1. Post
    raven-au wrote:
    so i preorder the switch only to hear from the guys at the know that the Nintendo Switch Grip will not do Charging of joy cons WTF

you are telling me i have to buy a Nintendo Switch Charging Grip for 49 dollars to do this
    if this is true then i mite not get it
    with switch ,Zelda Breath of the Wild .Pro Controller and a 64gb sd card 800.00 nz
    you want me to spent more Nintendo really too much bs

ITS TRUE WTF Nintendo THIS IS SOME BS
    Lmfao get a load of this guy. Willing to spend $550 but oh $50 more? No way dude, that's unacceptable. Enjoy never buying any controllers or accessories or games for it with that logic.

2. Post
    FIFA Is EA's Only Switch Game Until "The Platform Launches and Takes Off"
    EA, the biggest publisher in the world, isn't committing to Switch until it's a success. Ouch.

3. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    Lmfao get a load of this guy. Willing to spend $550 but oh $50 more? No way dude, that's unacceptable. Enjoy never buying any controllers or accessories or games for it with that logic.
    That's a bullshit argument and you know it. We already pay $550 for the console and now we're getting ripped off with the accessories as well.

4. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    That's a bullshit argument and you know it. We already pay $550 for the console and now we're getting ripped off with the accessories as well.
    Of course you are, it's the same with every console.

But your choosing to buy them, so they will always have a high price tag so long as people buy them.

5. Post
    What are you guys preordering? I currently have the Neon console , Zelda and a pro controller. Thinking about cancelling the controller for now and wait until I try the joycon dock out.

6. Post
    ive got neon

and zelda sword edition >.>

no idea how im gonna finish paying the preorder before launch but will probably switch over to layby if i cant.

i cant wait to play with separated controllers again though, flexibility and motion while i can play games will do wonders for my shoulders. BTW, saw someone post this on neogaf about the skyrim game on switch and how it could potentially take advantage of HD rumble and motion controls since the HD rumble seems to be one of the more interesting features that people are surprised and happy with

For example-
    • Shock spell: HD rumble tingles your hands as if you are experiencing mild static shocks
    • Frost spell: HD rumble simulates "cracking" of ice
    • Fire spell: HD rumble simulates crackling flames, like at a camp fire
    • Weapons: swords, axes, maces all have different feelings when being swung/hitting an object
    • Shields: metal and wood will have different feelings when blocking an attack

etc.
    More interesting stuff in the link

7. Post
    [QUOTE=Krichul;10957797]Lmfao get a load of this guy. Willing to spend $550 but oh $50 more? No way dude, that's unacceptable. Enjoy never buying any controllers or accessories or games for it with that logic.[/QUOT

its not the money its milking us to buy more accessories
    I work hard for my money and i want value is that toooooo much to ask for

8. Post
    In terms of accessories, I'm planning on ordering a few things from Amazon and youshopping them over - works out to be a decent saving over the inflated NZ prices.

9. Post
    I've just got the grey and Zelda turning up. I'm off for a 3 month international thing within a month of launch, so spending money isn't a great idea. I'll be watching for some of the indies, ARMs and other controller colours though.

Will also try to hunt out a screen protector.
    Last edited by frio; Yesterday at 1:19 pm.

10. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    No, "we" get ripped off with the console price, "everyone" gets ripped off with the accessories. How many $60 console controllers have you bought in the past? They're priced like that because they're official and they can get away with it.

11. Post
    raven-au wrote:
    its not the money its milking us to buy more accessories
    I work hard for my money and i want value is that toooooo much to ask for
    It is. Buyers are just money, and they do not care how much effort it takes you to get money. Nintendo could price this at $800 with $80 accessories and $140 games, and people would buy it. Oh wait, they did that already.

Also learn to quote, jesus.

12. Post
    I was pretty much sold on the switch being a full power console with a dock when I first saw it then I realised its basically a charging dock. I have a preorder which is interesting. I haven't preordered a console since the PS2 and I pretty much skipped the last 2 generations of consoles entirely.

Neon console + Zelda on order. I was going to get Bomberman also but what is this Nintendo? At this price I would have hoped it would have launched with a game, but the price of it plus games mean that I'm about done at $550. Not quite as steep as $800 for the PS2 but this isn't a full powered console and They almost priced me entirely out of the market.

This thing is like a PS3 powered handheld that's trying to do two things competing with the Vita and being a home console at the same time. Like they say, jack of all trades master of nothing. I hope I'm wrong. I guess I'm going to have to learn to love Zelda again. I'm pretty much buying this for posterity sake, and for the memories of saying I grew up owning Big N consoles and because I want that good old Nintendo first party game lineup.

Such mixed feelings at this price.

13. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    E-hero alert.

14. Post
    The price isn't great but there's so much tech packed into this thing I can forgive them. Tablet computers are weaker computationally, come with less gear, have worse batteries and cost more. It's not a blockbuster price but it'll do.

I suspect that the lack of a pack-in game is because third parties have traditionally got mad about that. People are less incentivized to buy Bomberman or Rayman as an off-game at launch when there's a system mover like Zelda and a packed-in off-game like Nintendoland or Wii Sports.

15. Post
    I'm inclined to buy because of Zelda. But I've said elsewhere, there is only so much Zelda you can take before you decide you want to throw a brick at your TV screen because you can't work out how to progress any further and that's bad. I would have hoped for another game that I would be inclined to think of saying "well nuts to the price, I'm going to buy it anyway." Mario Kart 8 would likely be that but we have to wait a month for what isn't even a new game...

The launch titles are just weak sauce... and I'm pretty much a Bomberman tragic since NES days but when you push the limit over $600 I'm just gonna say enough is enough. This thing isn't a PS4 and you're almost having a lend of me. It's a good thing I grew up playing on Nintendo consoles otherwise I wouldn't be here in the first place. I feel like launching without a Mario title is pretty much a mistake either way.

The other thing is there is a world of adult gamers who are having their kids grow up and want to get back into gaming and they grew up on Nintendo. If you want to take advantage of that as Nintendo then you should price this thing accordingly for the casual gamer like myself who wants a console they can let the kids play with and then use it themselves when the TV is busy.

I can use this excuse for two reasons... but the lack of launch titles that are worth saying well nuts to this and buying them anyway has me underwhelmed and I am one of the prime examples of what makes a Nintendo customer. So if you're confusing your target audience I don't know what this is going to do to sales at launch time.
    Last edited by Roumelio; Today at 12:05 am.

16. Post
    Name:  legend-zelda-breath-wild-5.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  250.7 KB

If Bokoblins riding Donkeys aren't enough fun for you, then don't bother

17. Post
    Those Zelda renderings are amazing. I can't wait to get it home on the big screen myself and have a go at that. Hopefully the worlds are as expansive as always as that's half the fun with Zelda. I have a lot to catch up on.

18. Post
    oddjob wrote:
    E-hero alert.
    The correct term you're looking for is "social justice warrior".