Nintendo Switch (aka NX)

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    can you buy nes and snes games on the store with the switch?
    The only virtual console games available are SNK Neo Geo at the moment and that's pretty much King of Fighters 98,' and Metal Slug 3 [which is actually 4.] They are great, but I'm six of one half a dozen of the other about shelling out $10 for them and King of Fighters doesn't have the replayability of Street Fighter. I always thought it was an ACME port of Street Fighter anyway. So, since I've played them to death on MAME and on actual cabinets over the last 20 years anyway. If it were Street Fighter 2 I'd be all over that like poop on a shag-pile carpet rug, but its not there yet.

To be honest the GameShop is half-developed, I've been changing my region between Japan, America, and Australia to see what else is available and the only other thing I'm half tempted to buy at this point is Bomberman unless I want to play Xenoblade Chronicles in Japanese [We're still waiting on the english port of that.]

It's both good and bad, it means I'm not spending money, but it means its a really drawn out process if you're waiting for Mario Kart 8 to go live on Switch.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 22nd March 2017 at 5:38 pm.

2. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    Metal Slug 3 [which is actually 4.]
    What do you mean by that?

3. Post
    There is seven Metal Slugs, Metal Slug 3 is the fourth installment of the game. It literally tells you on the shop page. Metal Slug [self titled] to Metal Slug 7 released in 2009. Metal Slug 3 is one of the best ones from the 90s, but I've played it so many times I don't feel obliged to buy it again. I lost count of how many dollar coins the local Neo Geo upright cabinet ate at my local convenience store as a kid and how many times I've played it since on MAME.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 22nd March 2017 at 6:21 pm.

4. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    There is seven Metal Slugs, Metal Slug 3 is the fourth installment of the game. It literally tells you on the shop page. Metal Slug [self titled] to Metal Slug 7 released in 2009. Metal Slug 3 is one of the best ones from the 90s, but I've played it so many times I don't feel obliged to buy it again. I lost count of how many dollar coins the local Neo Geo upright cabinet ate at my local convenience store as a kid and how many times I've played it since on MAME.
    ...but Metal Slug X was a remake of Metal Slug 2, right, so does that really count?

5. Post
    I dunno I've actually lost count and it also depends if you count Metal Slug Zero... It's one of my favorite series but I haven't gone near it in long enough to remember. The crux of it is that its not really worth $10 to me until I'm really drunk/bored and want a time sink.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 22nd March 2017 at 6:38 pm.

6. Post
    Picked up Binding of Isaac from the US store, totally worth it. Although I think I have a copy of BOI on pretty much every platform I own now

7. Post
    I'm not sure what to think of that game since I've never played it.

8. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Picked up Binding of Isaac from the US store, totally worth it. Although I think I have a copy of BOI on pretty much every platform I own now
    I cannot stop playing it, srs.

Out of interest I fired up the Vita version last night, I really can't see a difference between the 2 copies outside of the fact that the Switch is AB+ and the Vita I think is just AB. Felt a bit of buyers remorse but meh what the hell, I got it free on the vita (it was PS+ I think) so whatever.

Some of the runs are so much fun, you just get blessed with the most insane powerups and items early on.

I've only beaten it twice on normal, last night was a sweaty OMGGGGGGGG run, fighting 'Mom' with only half a heart left. Was a jump for joy moment when I took her down.

As someone that's played a lot, do you think I should continue on normal or move up to hard? And do daily challenge items carry over into your game?

9. Post
    If anyone went of Isaac from Play Asia as a pre-order, they are not getting any stock for those until 28th March, then they will be sent.

I thinking they must of ordered their allocation on a slow boat to china, then they are going out to everyone that pre-ordered on a slow boat from China.

Main thing is if it actually turns up eventually.

10. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    As someone that's played a lot, do you think I should continue on normal or move up to hard? And do daily challenge items carry over into your game?
    It's really up to you, but I'd note that Mom is kinda like the end of the tutorial and it gets much deeper/more difficult in the post-Mom levels.

11. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    It's really up to you, but I'd note that Mom is kinda like the end of the tutorial and it gets much deeper/more difficult in the post-Mom levels.
    it gets MORE difficult? lol ****

deeper tho? I'm intrigued!

12. Post
    Reminder team, splatoon tests this weekend, first starts 8am tomorrow morning for 1 hour, then again in the afternoon. Big don't have the full nz times https://www.google.co.nz/amp/www.pol...testfire-times

13. Post
    Triple post

First hour of splatoon was great, no issues, looked gorgeous. That was enough for me, and kind of over it already since it's just a demo. Not interested in purchasing at this stage.

14. Post
    yea checked it out, seem to be half bots if questioning the names of the other players. Doesn't seem any different to the Wii U version that I already own.

Looks like to me Nintendo taking up new platform with the same games as the Wii U and just moving them across the the Switch with very little changes, is not really Splatoon 2. Anyone with a Wii U may understand, depends on their thinking processes.

Yea I don't think I bother trying to slot another time, but if using at the time probably play it.

15. Post
    Splatoon 2 is on for those who weren't up at 6am

16. Post
    It seems a lot like there are long wait times between games. I'm not sure that's because its a ping or regional based thing but there is long waiting times and these Japanese people don't get every time someone leaves and joins it resets the counter.

17. Post
    It was quick as when I played at 8-9 this morning between matches. They may have changed up the matchmaking process during the day.

18. Post
    there were only a few times were the wait seemed a bit long between games when I played in the 4pm - 5pm session. Most of the time I was just rolling from game to game pretty quickly. Game feels very much like the first splatoon which is great because I enjoyed it on the wii u.
    Last edited by esoj; 26th March 2017 at 11:11 am.

19. Post
    We're about to get another go of it in an hours time. It seems fun but I'm not used to the controls. In other news, I preordered Mario Kart 8 Deluxe today. I really can't be bothered dealing with non-transferable digital purchases and SD cards. I like actual boxed games that I can trade in later also.

20. Post
    Splatoon beta on again until 5pm

21. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    I dunno I've actually lost count and it also depends if you count Metal Slug Zero... It's one of my favorite series but I haven't gone near it in long enough to remember. The crux of it is that its not really worth $10 to me until I'm really drunk/bored and want a time sink.
    Do you count Metal Slug 3D? Man, that game was horrible.

22. Post
    Almost as horrible as Street Fighter 3D. The other thing I realised today... I don't think I actually need to purchase Splatoon, it's quite repetitive. I worked out how to get 700 or 800 points in just two days of playing it also. In the short term I'm just gonna buy Bomberman and Mario Kart 8, maybe when Splatoon comes down in price I'll consider it.

23. Post
    have you played splatoon 1 Roumelio?

just in case you havent there are ranked game modes aside from the Turf Wars that was available during the Testfire so it might not be as repetitive as you may think.

24. Post
    I haven't played Splatoon 1 yet. I may need to reevaluate once I see the actual game. I was just quite bored really once I played across a couple of test fires.