1. Post

is there a way to make a poll before submitting a thread?

This is kind of annoying. Trying to make a thread with a poll. Is there any way this can be changed so we can do it in preview mode before submitting? Or is just the way the forum is designed so it cant be changed?

2. Post
    You need to have 5500 posts tto access poll function

3. Post
    Plenty of people here should have to submit a poll before they post a thread.

50% approval needed in order to post.

Or give Gar power to delete any threads he doesn't like.

That would make the place a lot lot tidier.

4. Post
    ludez wrote:
    You need to have 5500 posts tto access poll function
    Still sucks though.

5. Post
    This will be fixed in EgorBB

6. Post
    Egor wrote:
    This will be fixed in EgorBB
    While you're at it, give a few of the mods the power to delete the more egregious posts and threads that clutter this place up.

All the dumb arse threads, triple posts, racist rants, soap box trolling, and spam you see here on a regular basis, that wouldn't see the light of day in most forums.

7. Post
    I'm pretty sure "delete stuff" is already a mod power?

8. Post
    Egor wrote:
    I'm pretty sure "delete stuff" is already a mod power?
    Well, if that's the case they should use it more often.

If what remains is better than what they're currently deleting, the mind boggles.

If it was me, I would slash and burn with no mercy, whole pages would be gone in a heart beat.

Scorched earth would be a gentler kinder policy.

I'd also perma-ban a dozen users just for starters.

9. Post
    Lol Zarkov.

10. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Lol Zarkov.
    If I was a mod, you would dust beneath my chariot wheels.

11. Post
    Times have moved on old man,get a car

12. Post
    Name:  laurence-hope-quote-less-than-the-dust-beneath-thy-chariot-wheel-less.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  13.5 KB
    ludez wrote:
    Times have moved on old man,get a car
    Old maybe, but better read than you.

13. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Plenty of people here should have to submit a poll before they post a thread.

50% approval needed in order to post.

Or give Gar power to delete any threads he doesn't like.

That would make the place a lot lot tidier.
    I already have that power, but it would make the place a ****ing ghost town.

14. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    If I was a mod, you would dust beneath my chariot wheels.
    brb, making a thread.

15. Post
    Hi all,

I am a student researcher from the University of Adelaide and am attempting to contact the Mods to request permission to post a survey. Unfortunately my account does not have permission to create a Thread. My survey is about Healthy Gaming and giving the gaming community a voice in academic research. All participants go in the draw to win a voucher too!
    So, could anyone can give me some pointers on how I should contact the Mods?

Cheers,

Cainan

16. Post
    You can PM me if you like

17. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    You can PM me if you like
    Unfortunately, I also do not have permission to PM, but here is the message I would have sent you:

To the Admin,

My name is Cainan Rodrigues Roncati and I am a Psychology Honours student at The University of Adelaide. I am conducting a study that investigates what gamers think about healthy gaming and strategies for preventing or reducing harmful gaming. I would be very grateful if you would permit me to invite members of your forum to participate in the survey.
    The survey is completely anonymous, takes about 15 minutes, and participants enter a draw to win a $50 voucher. The study has been approved by the University of Adelaide’s ethics committee.
    Further background: Gaming is enjoyed by billions of people, but a very small percentage of players experience harms resulting from excessive play. There has been some recent moves and discussion on ways to prevent gaming-related harm, especially in East Asia, but research is yet to explore the views of gamers themselves regarding these measures, including some steps which are quite prohibitive (e.g., Shutdown laws). This project investigates the Australian gaming community response to proposed gaming harm reduction measures, which we believe would make an important contribution to the ongoing discussion in this area.
    This project will be conducted under the supervision of Dr Daniel King from the University of Adelaide. If you have any questions about the project please do not hesitate to contact me at cainan.rodriguesroncati@student.adelaide.edu.au, or at 0430 771 801. Attached is the advertisement which we would like to post in your forum, which includes a link to the study.
    Thank you for your time and consideration of this request.

Cheers,
    Cainan Rodrigues Roncati
    and
    Dr Daniel King

18. Post
    You should now be able to create a thread.

Please create it in the Games Discussion forum. Create one thread and one thread only thanks.

19. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    You should now be able to create a thread.

Please create it in the Games Discussion forum. Create one thread and one thread only thanks.
    Thank you for your help and attention!