1. Post
    hard yards into the wind today. quite gusty.

2. Post
    NZ have won the toss and will bowl.

Henry misses out, whilst Boult is back in the team.

3. Post
    If we don't roll them quickly I can see CdG having a lot of work to do into the northerly.

4. Post
    aitkenmike wrote:
    If we don't roll them quickly I can see CdG having a lot of work to do into the northerly.
    And Wagner. He'll bowl into it all day.

5. Post
    Boult is ****ing rubbish.

6. Post
    Should have just stayed at the Bay Oval eh

7. Post
    He just seems to have no control over his length and hasn't done for two seasons; and neither he or Southee are getting the level of swing they used to get. Carrying both in the team when conditions aren't helping them just means we're hoping Wagner/part timer/Santner are able to make the break throughs.

Won't hurt us here, but against South Africa... ugh.

8. Post
    So what's the deal? Just got back to my computer and it's only 10 overs bowled. cricinfo isn't making it very clear.

9. Post
    silvereye wrote:
    So what's the deal? Just got back to my computer and it's only 10 overs bowled. cricinfo isn't making it very clear.
    Cricinfo looks broken try
    http://scoring.blackcaps.co.nz/lives...scorecard.aspx

10. Post
    Finally a reprieve for Boult

11. Post
    Finally pitches the ball up, and gets a result from it. Proceeds to drop three of the next four balls short.

12. Post
    Wagner getting more swing than Southee or Boult... ironic.

13. Post
    There's stuff all movement off the pitch, also a real lack of swing from Southee & Boult, wicket has good pace & Bounce... just have to play the real patience game & bowl in good areas, Wagner might be able to buy a few wickets with some of his short bowling,

14. Post
    The way he's seaming it and getting the ball to shift in the air, he should be pitching that up.

15. Post
    He's not getting much seam movement is bowling across them which is a good tactic, agreed though needs to get the ball up more, keep bowling across them & they might nibble at it & get nicks.

16. Post
    He's got nibble both ways, and been able to extract some swing - the biggest issue is the lack of a plan and the fact that both Southee and Boult have been far too guilty dropping the ball short.

If we continue playing as listlessly as we have in this entire series, South Africa are going to butt rape us.

17. Post
    Fella wrote:
    He's got nibble both ways, and been able to extract some swing - the biggest issue is the lack of a plan and the fact that both Southee and Boult have been far too guilty dropping the ball short.

If we continue playing as listlessly as we have in this entire series, South Africa are going to butt rape us.
    Not convinced with Williamson's captaincy, like his personality his fields settings are too bloody placid, need a captain out there with A decent amount of mongrel that will go up & talk to his bowlers more & show inventiveness in his field placings depending on situations at the time.

Reckon against S.A. our overall standard will be heaps better, will be really peeved if it isn't.

18. Post
    signman wrote:
    Not convinced with Williamson's captaincy, like his personality his fields settings are too bloody placid, need a captain out there with A decent amount of mongrel that will go up & talk to his bowlers more & show inventiveness in his field placings depending on situations at the time.

Reckon against S.A. our overall standard will be heaps better, will be really peeved if it isn't.
    Yeah he might just be a bit too humble. Like you say he needs some mongrel. Not only the aggression but the belief in himself to back it up.

19. Post
    Looks like they just turned up and expected it to happen, rather than force it to happen.

20. Post
    Loool whoever was having a dig at Santners fielding might be right

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

21. Post
    Wagner to Shakib Al Hasan, 1 run, Dropped by Santner at square leg. Short of a length and outside off, Shakib can't control another pull. He (mis)hits it in the air. Flies to Santner at chest-height. His head falls back as he goes for the catch with both hands, but the ball bobbles out

22. Post
    Mahmudullah did a job today, He batted 109 minutes for his 26 and had a partnership of 85. Well done.

Also pleased as a cricket fan to see Mominul get a 50. I wasn't sure if he could do it outside of the subcontinent.

Tamim seemed more settled playing in a test match. He looked like he had a bus to catch at times in the ODIs and didn't pace his innings well.

Well done Bangers. The game is evenly poised at 150-3

23. Post
    How tall is Mitchell Santner? I was searching the web just now. He looked my height today up close ( I am 5 10) but he looks 6 foot 1 or 2 on TV.

24. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    How tall is Mitchell Santner? I was searching the web just now. He looked my height today up close ( I am 5 10) but he looks 6 foot 1 or 2 on TV.
    He'd be over 6ft, just looks taller cause he's so slim :P

david522 wrote:
    Loool whoever was having a dig at Santners fielding might be right

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Didn't see his drop today, but he sure took a stunner a few days back that only maybe 1 or 2 guys in the team would have taken. Best fielder in the team? Probably not, but certainly far from the worst.

Even Kane dropped a sitter a few days back.

Still waiting for Latham and Boult to shell one, they seem extremely safe. While Latham doesn't really take athletic stunners, he's probably the best pair of hands in the team. Great at short leg too.

25. Post
    Just saw rhe super quick highlights but yeah bit of a dolly.