Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Torrents banned in AUS

I guess most of you have got this news about torrents being banned in Aus. This might come as a major blow to me as I have been using Torrents for quite a long time for several purpose.

I might have to use my VPN now which I bought this Black Friday and put it to good use.

Someone was also talking about changing DNS to access those site which are being blocked. What is your line of action?
    Last edited by Cthom; 16th December 2016 at 9:02 pm.

2. Post
    Cthom wrote:
    This is the only hope for me now.
    You're talking about copyright piracy like it's some kind of necessity to your survival. How about you just pay for content instead of stealing it?

I'll let this thread run but as soon as people start talking about ways to break the law, it's gone.

3. Post
    Seedbox + private Linux tracker. Or vpn + public Linux tracker + dns

4. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    You're talking about copyright piracy like it's some kind of necessity to your survival. How about you just pay for content instead of stealing it?

I'll let this thread run but as soon as people start talking about ways to break the law, it's gone.
    This is not something I might consider necessary for my survival but yes, it might be necessary for my professional life as I have to go through a lot of books which are too costly for me to buy considering I am still a student. As soon as I reach that buying power, I'll resort to buying the original content.

5. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Can you explain, how the second one works (vpn + public Linux tracker + dns)?

6. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Can we ban the user instead of deleting the thread?

7. Post
    We're not in Australia. I'm not sure what the problem is?

8. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Can we ban the user instead of deleting the thread?
    None of those are illegal.

9. Post
    Cthom wrote:
    This is not something I might consider necessary for my survival but yes, it might be necessary for my professional life as I have to go through a lot of books which are too costly for me to buy considering I am still a student. As soon as I reach that buying power, I'll resort to buying the original content.
    I need loads of shit for my professional life. Some are too expensive but I'm not going to go steal them. Go get a job or a loan.

10. Post
    More stupid behaviour from the Ozzie government.

I think most people would be more than happy to pay for content if it could be delivered as easily as what Plex/Sonarr etc deliver. Afaik, there's nothing that delivers that level - yet.

Honestly I think this is more a move to boost Foxtel's dwindling numbers...good luck with that one

11. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    as soon as people start talking about ways to break the law
    I'd start by driving a tractor up the steps of parliament...

12. Post
    Australia makes weird laws, like that time they banned small boobs.

Having said that I've had a seedbox for an eternity, so much faster and saved my bandwidth cap back when that was a real thing.

13. Post
    Oh it's just blocking piracy sites, I thought they were actually banning torrents (which would be stupid to attempt). Thread title is misleading.

14. Post
    I suspect given the option, they'd like to do that.

15. Post
    lol Australia

16. Post
    Australia always do weird shit.

17. Post
    haven't used torrents in at least 10 years - no unsure what all the fuss is about

18. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    haven't used torrents in at least 10 years
    why

19. Post
    Cthom wrote:
    Boo hoo. That's what a student loan and academic discount are for.
    Drives like an Asian till he gets behind the wheel of a holden

20. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    haven't used torrents in at least 10 years - no unsure what all the fuss is about
    seems you are not familiar with torrenting

21. Post
    Cthom wrote:
    www.booko.com.au (or www.bookish.co.nz for the nuu zilders)

PS - happy for you guys to discuss the ban, but let's not go into specifics about what it is you may or may not be doing, eh?

22. Post
    Have VPN, so meh.

23. Post
    Bt wrote:
    why
    Give me a reason why I need to?

24. Post
    Speed in your car while drinking excessively.

25. Post
    .nzb for life.