Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I would of rated it maybe a 7. No problems with combat (I am post game now and have the last 2 sealed door dungeons left to do) story was abit short. Side quests easiest to go to your car see which is closest so I didn't see a problem there.
    I'll agree it does have it's flaws but I still enjoyed it very much.
    (look forward to DLC 22nd and fighting Greg aka Gilgamesh sometime soon)

3. Post
    A boyband bachelor party goes wrong.

4. Post
    Wait mode made the combat a lot more palatable for me.

5. Post
    I do believe that the merit of the review should not stand on what the bottom line score is and agree with the flaws that have been stated but I thought 6/10 was a little on the low side :/

40hrs in with my playthrough.

6. Post
    Weird review to be honest....reads like at least a 7.5 or 8, then wham with a 6: it's a hella good RPG if you take the time to absorb the environmental storytelling and not rely solely on traditional long FF cutscenes: it's like MGSV's transition to world story delivery IMO.

Combat is super satisfying I think too, although that camera can be an ass at times....takes a long time to 'click' though, but when it does, man...it's so fun.

Personally, I don't mind the KG/Brotherhood omission from the game itself, super long winded FF cutscenes can do my head in.

I agree you are reliant on outside media for the 'full' experience, but meh.....who gives a frak really when it's told in a more cohesive fashion when not dragged out over a 50 hour playthrough.

What SE should have done is include the UHD Blu-ray with Kingsglaive and Brotherhood in glorious 4K with the game.....that would have been a good kient move for sure (I just torrented it, no regrets lol).

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Post
    IST wrote:
    Personally, I don't mind the KG/Brotherhood omission from the game itself, super long winded FF cutscenes can do my head in.

I agree you are reliant on outside media for the 'full' experience, but meh.....who gives a frak really when it's told in a more cohesive fashion when not dragged out over a 50 hour playthrough.

What SE should have done is include the UHD Blu-ray with Kingsglaive and Brotherhood in glorious 4K with the game.....that would have been a good kient move for sure (I just torrented it, no regrets lol).
    Any huge FF fans would of watched Kingsglaive/Brotherhood at this point already anyway and anyone getting into the game for 1st time good incentive for them to expand on FF universes, that is if they like it of course...

Haha I had to torrent it to, warehouse never had it. Only place near me that had it was JB but I dont go that way much but eventually got it.

Pretty sure they had a deal for all 3 (Advent Children,Spirit's Within and Kingsglaive) on PSstore
    Last edited by Cyrax78; 20th December 2016 at 10:13 pm.

8. Post
    For me its a 7 or 8/10

Some of the obvious issues I found:

* Poor side quests, I could have designed most of these in my sleep - little thought or creativity put into the majority of them
    * Combat is not as satisfying as the older games with turn based combat and also with mega summons that make the battlefield seem bigger
    * Missing story - many times the game randomly cuts to pre rendered cutscenes which feels very jarring and also the scenes do little to fill in the story and often I'm left with little understanding of WTF is actually happening
    * Yes, the english voice acting is pretty poor
    * The game world is big, but feels mainly barren - so many empty building with no people or any other objects inside

I'd almost rather just replay the Witcher 3, but alas i wil continue with FF XV just to get more trophies as it hands them out like candy.

The devs stated that they played a lot of witcher 3 during FF XV's developement, but its clearly they actually learnt very little from it

9. Post
    I feel TW3, Dark Souls (more so) and MGSV influences throughout, oh...and Final Fantasies (to a lesser extent lol).

I actually think the VA work is top notch*

* For a JRPG

10. Post
    VA I think is actually best FF has ever had FFXIII was terrible and FFX Tidus's dumb ass laugh put me off the VA on it.
    also to those trophy hunting have fun on adamantoise fight took me over a hour without using any food buffs :P

11. Post
    Cyrax78 wrote:
    Any huge FF fans would of watched Kingsglaive/Brotherhood at this point already anyway and anyone getting into the game for 1st time good incentive for them to expand on FF universes, that is if they like it of course...

Haha I had to torrent it to, warehouse never had it. Only place near me that had it was JB but I dont go that way much but eventually got it.

Pretty sure they had a deal for all 3 (Advent Children,Spiriyt's Within and Kingsglaive) on PSstore
    Kingsglaive ruins the flow of the story.

Your not supposed to know going into the carefree beginning whats going on..

12. Post
    I think the open world/quests/gameplay is terribly flawed. I think its better off ignoring everything main story and pretending its like a 14 hour game.

I think people complaining about the Voice acting are insane though.

13. Post
    Cyrax78 wrote:
    VA I think is actually best FF has ever had FFXIII was terrible and FFX Tidus's dumb ass laugh put me off the VA on it.
    also to those trophy hunting have fun on adamantoise fight took me over a hour without using any food buffs :P
    Video just for you

14. Post
    xspike wrote:
    video just for you
    ha ha ha ha

15. Post
    I actually found myself saying out loud "Yuna!" to Luna a lot of the time during the story since that was burnt into my head along with Tidus' dumb as laugh in FFX

16. Post
    This review was pretty consistent with another review I watched https://youtu.be/eXJFbsQBvLw

17. Post
    IST wrote:
    Weird review to be honest....reads like at least a 7.5 or 8, then wham with a 6: it's a hella good RPG if you take the time to absorb the environmental storytelling and not rely solely on traditional long FF cutscenes: it's like MGSV's transition to world story delivery IMO.

Combat is super satisfying I think too, although that camera can be an ass at times....takes a long time to 'click' though, but when it does, man...it's so fun.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    ....his review was spot on lol his review is one of the most honest i've seen pointing out the good and bad without being bias. if this game wasn't a Final Fantasy game I don't think it'd be getting as many highly favourable reviews.....the game is a decent RPG, reminds me a lot of Dragon Age Inquisition style gameplay, but by Final Fantasy standards it's really not all that impressive or groundbreaking for a game that went through so many changes and delays, if they focused less on how detailed the people skin pores are and more on story this game would be solid.

I get the same feeling I got playing MGS V like you did, only that's not a good thing as MGS V was sadly very dull and boring/repetitive compared to other MGS games. It was open world, awesome, too bad it was just bare open fields with repetitive missions and barely any story, I can't believe how little Snake actually spoke in game ( what was the point of using the talented Kiefer Sutherland if he wasn't going to speak? ) and hated how most of the story was squeezed into audio tapes lol....

"it's a hella good RPG if you take the time to absorb the environmental storytelling and not rely solely on traditional long FF cutscenes"

LOL absorb what environmental story telling? the map is empty aside from people driving by or needing rescue, the little convos people have in the rare outposts/gas stations are useless " you were staring at that girl! no i wasnt" the hell does that have to do with the game's story? haha what ever story related convo you eavesdrop on is either something that was already vaguely explained and regurgitated or it's just people saying " I'm scared!" I'll stick to traditional proper spectacular cut scenes thank you lol that MAKES Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy...

the game starts out exciting and fun but gets old really fast due to 80% of the game being repetitive fetch-me/hunts/back tracking side quests and REALLY lacking in story. I'd personally rather they stick to the traditional heavy storytelling, that's WHY I'm playing a Final Fantasy game the story is supposed to be rich in detail, not vague and short...this IS and RPG after-all, not an action game.

I'm right at the final chapter and I hear " the game really starts when you beat the game" but after spending over 100+ hours doing every side quest available at this point and reaching max level WAY too early in the game ( was 87 at chapter 3 simply by doing what ever side quest/hunt and dungeon that was available at the time, and lvl 99 by chapter 6) the question really becomes will I even care to do the end-game quests after?

It's like 13's open world finally appearing at the end of the game...by then I didn't give a shit to bother doing all those pointless hunts as I already had like 5 different Ultima Weapons for each of my characters...this game is by no means Terrible, but as a Final Fantasy fan I think too many people are praising it so highly simply BECAUSE it's Final Fantasy...
    Last edited by Patrick_Bateman; 24th December 2016 at 11:36 am.

18. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    For me its a 7 or 8/10

Some of the obvious issues I found:

* Poor side quests, I could have designed most of these in my sleep - little thought or creativity put into the majority of them
    * Combat is not as satisfying as the older games with turn based combat and also with mega summons that make the battlefield seem bigger
    * Missing story - many times the game randomly cuts to pre rendered cutscenes which feels very jarring and also the scenes do little to fill in the story and often I'm left with little understanding of WTF is actually happening
    * Yes, the english voice acting is pretty poor
    * The game world is big, but feels mainly barren - so many empty building with no people or any other objects inside

I'd almost rather just replay the Witcher 3, but alas i wil continue with FF XV just to get more trophies as it hands them out like candy.

The devs stated that they played a lot of witcher 3 during FF XV's developement, but its clearly they actually learnt very little from it
    spot on, I blame Tabata, he has a fetish with making boring repetitive missions and liner hallways. the only decent game he directed was Crisis Core and that was mainly enjoyable due to the story and cut scenes ( MINUS GENESIS AND HIS STUPID LOVELESS BS, gameplay was also very bland, boring and my god those damn repetitive missions to get end game gear..) I didn't even get through Type-0 or Parasite Eve's 3rd Birthday. He needs to stop directing games...lol I know he's not directing the FFVII Remake but this game has me worried about the development of FFVII...

19. Post
    eqzitara wrote:
    I think the open world/quests/gameplay is terribly flawed. I think its better off ignoring everything main story and pretending its like a 14 hour game.

I think people complaining about the Voice acting are insane though.
    Prompto was really the only one who was a little too over the top and annoying, ( i know he was the comedic relief but sometimes I really just wanted him to stfu haha ) Noctis and the rest were fine though lol I think the writing was more to blame than the acting. I don't know why people always favor the Japanese voices especially people who don't understand Japanese lmao imo most of the male Japanese voices sound corny as **** especially when they yell or get angry but clearly that's just me lol

20. Post

Worth a watch. Could of been an epic game if they didn't keep changing the story & development wasn't all over the place. They still managed a pretty good FF, just would of been nice if development was smooth & story was nailed down, it could of been like the best FF title. Which is what SE was aiming for, but sadly it didn't make it - still a good FF just not the best.

21. Post
    After finally beating it last night i agree it IS still a decent FF game, just a shame it really started to open up story wise during the last couple chapters,. It was definitely the most interesting part of the game, just sucks it was kind of confusing and I still feel the final boss was very underwhelming. I also need to watch the cutscene again or read up on when

** SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME OR DONE CHAPTER 13 STOP READING!!!**

Noctis was getting sucked into the crystal and Arydin was telling him who he really was and why he hates Noctis so much I couldn't hear a damn thing because he was speaking so softly and quietly and Noctis wouldn't stfu and stop grunting so damn loud LOL that could've just been the way my sound system was set up but i was pretty choked that the most important part of dialogue was glitchy or not recorded properly. Also i loved chapter 13, don't know what all the hate was, it was long i'll give it that but it wasn't even close to being too difficult, reminded me of some Resident Evil shit inside a Mako Reactor. I hope Tabata leaves it exactly the way it is, unless he wants to add more story and cut scenes ( really don't even bother showing the Emperor again aside from his clothes on the throne? and Ravus was horribly explained, in the movie he was bad, in the start of the game he was bad, then he was actually good the whole time, and then DEAD? and then brought back as a boss-what the ****?) Also wasn't a fan of the ending and what ever the hell that Knights of the Round/ Bahamut disaster was LOL easily the worse summon in the game, not even a Dragon and no Mega flare?

I agree i like the way the game was going development wise while it was still being directed by Nomura, Tabata just makes bad games lol

EDIT: Also great video bud, thanks for sharing that, I agreed with a lot of what that guy had to say, not everything, but most of it was spot on. I'm really hoping FFVII Remake sticks to the basics and focus's HEAVY on the story, we don't need 3 ( or how ever many games FFVII will be ) boring open worlds with pointless side quests and liner/vague explanations even if most of us all already know the FFVII story by heart lol
    Last edited by Patrick_Bateman; 25th December 2016 at 9:49 pm.

22. Post
    Happened to me to m8 Noctis was to loud I couldn't hear what Ardyn was saying at all, so pissed off!! they definitely have to fix that part.

23. Post
    noctis is such a weak main character, can't say I wouldn't do the same if instead of balls I had a vagina

24. Post
    That's a terrible analogy.

I felt they left it to late to make him king from the underdog prince.

25. Post
    For me its better than the older Final Fanties. For all the talk about how good the old ff games were , they all had sh*t gameplay. Nostalgia aside , Final Fantasy 7 or xv are both awful gameplay wise. With this it actually feels like you are playing a game for real instead of waiting there and taking turns with enemies that rAndomly appear.

Its a 7.5/10 so far for me. But easily better than the Final Fantasy games before it.