Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    smoo wrote:
    It took me a while to come around to the game play but 6 hours in its getting pretty good.

Combat isn't as satisfying as Witcher 3 or Darksouls / Bloodbourne...I think i prefer turn based JRPGS.
    My summation as well. Took me a LONG time to come around to the combat. Once used to it I started to enjoy it and then realised "its just like FF13, just hold a button down but occasionally change weapons in order to accommodate to AI weakness". I only died twice throughout my entire play time. I'm at 70hrs and have given up due to being completely let down with how Ultima Blade looks and performs.

I'm looking forward to DLC as this is where they'll get to fill in the BS. Almost bought the season pass but I think I'll wait until they announce the first significant DLC pack and not that holiday garbage.

2. Post
    Sting wrote:
    My photos went blank too (like 100+ of them).

I assumed it was because I upgraded to a Xbox S over Christmas and my photos were saved on the old console. *shrugs*
    It's got to be a glitch of some sort because Xbox Ones save all of your gamesaves automatically to the cloud and tie the saves to your Xbox Live account, so even if you changed systems you saves would be fine and transfer with you. I had to do a factory reset on Christmas because my Xbox got a system-breaking error randomly and the only way to fix it was to do a reset, my console was fine after and all my game saves, including FFXV, except of course the photos

the only data you'll lose is anything that's saved to your hard drive or any game saves you made while offline and didn't reconnect online after to get uploaded to the cloud ( for me all i lost was some clips/pics i had on my DVR that didnt upload to Live and for some reason my FFXV photos :\ everything else FFXV related was 100% fine though...it really doesn't make sense..

3. Post
    Just after I finished the dungeon for the last Royal Arms (3hr dungeon, literally got out and then went to Altissia) my game crashed and took my main saves with it. Luckily the autosaves where there so I was able to recreate my main but holy god was it a tense moment. Anus puckered so fast I heard a clap.

4. Post
    I'm 10 hours in and still on Chapter 3 (Prolly overpowered for the campaign missions) and i'm going thru most of the side quests (til they start reaching into my level range then off I go onto the campaign missions). I can see why some people don't really enjoy this game. Side quests are just the same mission over and over and all ya get is some shiny amulet o_0.

I noticed something weird in the cutscene before you enter the 2nd area. (There's no sound for the first 30 to 40 seconds and then all of a sudden the music and sound comes on lol) Not to sure if it was some kinda weird glitch or what.

5. Post
    Now that the hype is worn off, I think I would put my personal score of XV as an 8. Great gameplay, best ff game since X. But there is just so much missing from the second half of the game in regards to story. There are Whole countries and zones that were obviously cut from the game. The dead carcass of versus XIII is just left in there to taunt you with what could have been. But the world has moved on and your train (Which shouldnt even be a ****ing mechanic because the game up till this point has been about travelling in the Regalia) just moves on with it.

Characters introduced and then immediately dropped and forgotten about or barely ultilised.
    Spoiler:

What this game did do right in the narrative area was it's main villain.
    Spoiler:

6. Post
    Overall, I give it a 7/10: kind of wish I waited till the finished version is out in a year or so.

It would have been a 8/10 if my photos weren't all wiped and my saves deleted at one point late-game.

It would have been a 9/10 if they stuck to the open world vibe of the first 3/4 of the game and didn't tangent detour with that painted jezebel of a chapter 13.

7. Post
    Had a pretty terrible glitch on the first mech boss at the blockade. Couldn't attack, warp or jump. Just tech'd and ran around the area in circles until he died from cor's lionheart technique. Pretty bad...i just about ripped my controller in half. Still enjoying the game oddly enough. Chocobos and regular final fantasy side questing keep me going.

8. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    What this game did do right in the narrative area was it's main villain.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

9. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Spoiler:
    ........uhh no lmao care to elaborate?
    Spoiler:

10. Post
    This is my first FF game I've completed. All the others I've played for a couple of hours and didn't enjoy the stories well enough. (I didn't experience the no photos glitch so got to choose thru all 149 photos lol ) I actually enjoyed this game even though some of the plot had some major holes in it.

I'd say roughly a 7/10 coming from me plot had some glaring holes but still very enjoyable.

11. Post
    Patrick_Bateman wrote:
    ........uhh no lmao care to elaborate?
    Not really. It's an opinion.

12. Post
    Is there any point in keeping the photos? I just get rid of them all.

13. Post
    Comes up in the credits Smoo. Think they were trying to get into the social buzz as well.

14. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Not really. It's an opinion.
    LOL i get it's an opinion, but im curious as to why you think that since many people who think the same simply reply with " because " ??? okay? so you don't really know why you have the opinion or? there's no wrong answer here ( except "because" lol )

15. Post
    I have 0 interest in getting into a debate with you in regards to my interest in Ardyn as an antagonist.

16. Post
    Spoiler:

awesome doesn't have to be a debate just a simple question a discussion would do especially since you're the one who posted on a public comment section lol good job on that spoiler tho haha
    Last edited by Patrick_Bateman; 15th January 2017 at 6:24 pm. Reason: spoiler

17. Post
    He surprised me as a antagonist.

18. Post
    jords wrote:
    He surprised me as a antagonist.
    Spoiler:

19. Post
    Patrick_Bateman wrote:

awesome doesn't have to be a debate just a simple question a discussion would do especially since you're the one who posted on a public comment section.
    Why does an opinion immediately have to be followed up with any sort of reasoning? I was agreeing with a previous poster. I did not go against someone's evaluation of him, aside from yours where now you're demanding I explain myself.

20. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Why does an opinion immediately have to be followed up with any sort of reasoning? I was agreeing with a previous poster. I did not go against someone's evaluation of him, aside from yours where now you're demanding I explain myself.
    lmao im not demanding anything i just dont get why you're so defensive? it was a simple question. all i asked was why LOL everyone who agrees with that never has any answer to why they came up with that conclusion it's not like i called you an idiot or anything chill dude.
    Spoiler:
    so all i wanted to know is why? all good though lmao don't gotta freak out.