Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Overwatch really seems to upset some people on here. Kinda strange.

2. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Makes for great bait though.

3. Post
    Boring, re-skinned, TF2, "corridor shooter" Overwatch cracks over 20million players (plus still goin strong) and doesn't get a honorable mention?

4. Post
    Having just played Nier : Automata demo a couple days ago I have to change my mind and put that as my fave GOTY.

5. Post
    Snuffles wrote:
    Boring, re-skinned, TF2, "corridor shooter" Overwatch cracks over 20million players (plus still goin strong) and doesn't get a honorable mention?
    This isn't a comprehensive list. Its just one or two of each contributors favourite games of the year.
    GP isnt IGN. It doesn't have a massive staff for that sort of content.

6. Post
    Snuffles wrote:
    gp's freshest new meme

7. Post
    Snuffles wrote:
    GP hates Overwatch.

8. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    I'm surprised that their "Tracer is gay" news article didn't have a comments thread. That would've generated a lot of traffic since it's a hot topic issue for some people.

(My opinion on the matter is IDGAF. Lore is absolutely not a thing which matters for a campaign-less, round-based MP game. It's not Left 4 Dead.)

9. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    Trust an aging esporter to be into a Team Fortress 2 reskin

To steal a quote: Blizzard is really good at what they do, especially when they’re doing something someone else already did
    Fair enough Matt - We are just different gamers.

I don't think of it a a TF2 clone however, more of a newer version of that type of game. Bringing in more elements a MOBA maybe, spells and the ability to sway the tide with diverse team mash ups. TF2 you can just K/D focus and solo play.
    Overwatch was the first game i've played in years that i bothered jumping on comms for and it was quite fun.

10. Post
    It did feel like a TF clone initially and that's what put me off the purchase. But while I really disliked TF2, I love Overwatch. Feels a lot more polished and pushes towards co-ordinated team-play. Flanking is encouraged but it's in a tight window or still being proximal to the objective. So it's corridor, but wider than that - and generally results in a lot of fun.

Blizzard does rip off other ideas, but when they do, they generally do an as good if not better job.

11. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    Flanking is encouraged but it's in a tight window or still being proximal to the objective. So it's corridor, but wider than that -
    Careful using that word *corridor*

12. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Careful using that word *corridor*
    Yeah it's debatable but it's not exactly open world either. A lot of the tasks are linear with tight(ish) flanking options (i.e being in a rectangular path). People get really hung up on it being one or the other. You're not on a rail, but often the objective is.

13. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    huh?
    2 out of the 12 games aren't on PS4

14. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    2 out of the 12 games aren't on PS4
    I say again huh? You said
    Analgia wrote:
    10 PS4 games and 2 PC
    There are 13 games on the list
    Of that list
    9 on XO
    10 on PS4
    11 on PC

What is the "2 PC" you're talking about? I dont understand.

15. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I say again huh? You said

There are 13 games on the list
    Of that list
    9 on XO
    10 on PS4
    11 on PC

What is the "2 PC" you're talking about? I dont understand.
    Math is hard when you apply xor to everything.

16. Post
    Eldon wrote:

Blizzard does rip off other ideas, but when they do, they generally do an as good if not better job.
    I feel that this is really their shtick. They combine alot of great elements, apply fantastic Blizzard art direction & polish then dominate the genre.

In fact they keep doing this, ie WoW often makes popular mods into main game features in future patches.

17. Post
    I think it's less a shtick than a business model, and an effective one.

See also Lucasarts in the '90s.

18. Post
    Blizzard nails everything they do. They don't release broken half finished crap