Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    How do I look cool while wearing Google Glass?

2. Post
    Take one of your coloring pens and write ray ban on the frame?

3. Post
    Was given a psvr for Christmas, and think it's amazeballs. My goal for this year is now a new graphics card and a HTC vive

4. Post
    The entry price is just way too high for most people, even those with decent PCs already. It really is a 'premium' experience at the moment and won't be mainstream at the current price point, I think that is all it boils down to.

5. Post
    Bt wrote:
    The entry price is just way too high for most people, even those with decent PCs already. It really is a 'premium' experience at the moment and won't be mainstream at the current price point, I think that is all it boils down to.
    but that doesn't stop software developers trying to blame sony because they cant get funding or sell vr games on PC, apparently

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    but that doesn't stop software developers trying to blame sony because they cant get funding or sell vr games on PC, apparently
    Thats not what I said, so how about trying to use your brain huh? Or do you need someone to explain it to you?
    Last edited by ChrisB; 5th January 2017 at 5:36 pm.

7. Post
    Civil please, Chris you of all people should be more aware of your posts, since you are a staff member and are in this article.

Let's keep this thread alive for discussion

8. Post
    I think psvr (and maybe other vr) still needs its killer app. There seems to be quite a bit of shovelware and only a few really cool games. The battlefront vr experience sold me on Vr. Pity it was too short

9. Post
    zippy wrote:
    I think psvr (and maybe other vr) still needs its killer app. There seems to be quite a bit of shovelware and only a few really cool games. The battlefront vr experience sold me on Vr. Pity it was too short
    This we can all agree on. It needs something to prove its not just a novelty. Because for all of the oohing and aahing, the games are one trick ponies. Much like early mobile apps.

10. Post
    Elder Scrolls VR please, not the mmorpg one though

11. Post
    Is the barrier for entry for the Devs too high? As in we haven't really seen full scale VR games yet have we? I suppose since the market is so small they can't invest big time to see little reward.

But then VR needs big games to drive it forward right?..

And there needs to be a standard, so that your not forced to one company

12. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Is the barrier for entry for the Devs too high? As in we haven't really seen full scale VR games yet have we? I suppose since the market is so small they can't invest big time to see little reward.

But then VR needs big games to drive it forward right?..

And there needs to be a standard, so that your not forced to one company
    The "Killer app" will likely not be something AAA, and it certainly will not be a VRisation of a current game imo. VR Elder scrolls sounds cool, but the actualities of the game mechanics, or sacrifices needed in order for it to work as a VR title will potentially hamper engagement, enjoyment, and even immersion. People keep on asking for VR "game x" thinking that by adding VR to their first person game of choice will be a win, but don't quite grasp just how much a game will need to change in order to allow for the VR itself. Controls, mechanics, menus, interactions, and even just the view itself don't just transition to VR. Its not like you can just fix the mouselook/analogue to head tracking and go. Its been tried and it causes all sorts of control and orientation issues, as well as some rather unfortunate real world problems (puking on yourself is likely not a feature people want in their games).

I'm not game designer, and certainly not smart enough to come up with what will work, but I know enough that its not a easy solution, and likely not just adding VR to an existing game type (except maybe something cockpit based).

13. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    The "Killer app" will likely not be something AAA, and it certainly will not be a VRisation of a current game imo. VR Elder scrolls sounds cool, but the actualities of the game mechanics, or sacrifices needed in order for it to work as a VR title will potentially hamper engagement, enjoyment, and even immersion.
    I haven't tried it myself yet, but I hear the Resident Evil 7 demo is amazeballs in VR, and the best way to experience the game.