1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Quit gaming

3. Post
    1080p

E: serious answer is to make one game in UE4, even if it's basic and buggy as hell.

4. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    1080p
    Weak

5. Post
    Try and clear my backlog

6. Post
    Finally play/finish Planescape: Torment.
    Play the utter shit out of Mass Effect: Andromeda which will be divisive AF, will receive an 8.5 on GPNZ, 92 on IGN and 8/10 on Gamespot.
    Play the utter shit of of a delayed RDR2 when it releases in November, it will be better than anything else released this year unless BW 100% nail ME:A.
    Play FFVI (never have, just bought it on sale) and FFXII Zodiac Age/FFVII REMAKE once they're released.
    Buy lots of cool ass new tech, would like a VR setup by years end or maybe some AR device.
    Play more JRPGs, Play Ni No Kuni: I've owned it since PS3 release, lol.
    Upgrade to a 1080Ti beast of a machine with all new sorts of fandangled bits in it by years end.
    Finally play some car games after a long hiatus since the heady days of Grand Turismo 4 on PS2 at University.
    Start theorycrafting a-plenty after CDPR blows all minds with an E3 Cyberpunk trailer showing gameplay that looks so good it hurts.
    Play more indie games, especially ones that will make me question things and provoke some form of crying from my eyeballs.

and finally,
    Play Star Citizen's Squadron 42 which will release on Dec 2nd, 2017 (this will probably not happen, but one can dream).

7. Post
    Build a gaming pc

8. Post
    I have never had any backlog of games to play, so umm confirmed games I will be getting this year (at some stage) are as follows:

Watch Dogs 2
    Dishonoured 2
    Horizon : Zero Dawn
    Nier : Automata
    Mass Effect : Andromeda
    Final Fantasy XII ZA/VII Remake
    RDR 2

Anything else that I may be interested in has either slipped my mind or I don't know about it at this stage.

9. Post
    Get a new monitor with HDR when those come onto the market. If necessary get a new video card to power it.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 2nd January 2017 at 2:45 am.

10. Post
    Finish a 3rd play through of Witcher 3.
    Finish a 2nd play through of Fallout 4.
    Finish Pillars of Eternity.
    Finish Skyrim Special Edition.

11. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Get a new monitor with HDR when those come onto the market. If necessary get a new video card to power it.
    HDR doesn't require any gpu power it's all the monitor doing the work so you'll be fine unless you get a panel with higher native resolution

12. Post
    Finish last run of Witcher 3
    Get Diamond in OW
    Finish RDR on PS3 before RDR2 comes out

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    HDR doesn't require any gpu power it's all the monitor doing the work so you'll be fine unless you get a panel with higher native resolution
    I should probably clarify, the only TVs with HDR are 4K resolution ones AFAIK. If HDR monitors are confined to 4K like their TV counterparts then I'll have to get a new GPU powerful enough to drive games at that resolution.+

I'd very much prefer 1440p over 2160p but if that's where the HDR is then I'll just bite the bullet.

14. Post
    Try and branch out more into different genres. Try more indie titles. Try to actually finish more games. There are a number of games I need to finish this year. Witcher 3 being one of them.

15. Post
    Try to stop preordering games I guess would be mine lol :P Didn't go so well last year lol

16. Post
    Finish making my VR game

17. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Try to stop preordering games I guess would be mine lol :P Didn't go so well last year lol
    Yeah, do that

Though jeez, while it's not a great idea for at least a few reasons anyway, pre-ordering should be less fraught with peril than it is, but here we are where the industry is seemingly happy to release unfinished and broken games. I hope the backlash is starting to have an effect, but I'm not sure

18. Post
    Try and finish off my backlog
    Play more VR games

19. Post
    Stop worrying about my backlog.

20. Post
    Mine is to upgrade my old ass rig & finally play in glorious 1440p

21. Post
    Get the SFV 2017 season pass
    Get better at SFV

22. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Mine is to upgrade my old ass rig & finally play in glorious 1440p
    When you do, I recommend Dell Ultrasharp 1440p monitors so much....they are breathtaking (literally, take you breath mayne).

23. Post
    IST wrote:
    Finally play/finish Planescape: Torment.
    Play the utter shit out of Mass Effect: Andromeda which will be divisive AF, will receive an 8.5 on GPNZ, 92 on IGN and 8/10 on Gamespot.
    I outlawed 0.5 scores on GP more than a year ago or thereabouts - I just haven't told Egor as I think he would protest

So, 8.0 it is!

24. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    I outlawed 0.5 scores on GP more than a year ago or thereabouts - I just haven't told Egor as I think he would protest

So, 8.0 it is!
    Haha In a few months we'll know if I'm a psychic biotic!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

25. Post
    May be a joke proof headline but New Year's should have a capital Y