1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    12 month exclusive? Hah. Haha. Hahahahahaahha. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Look. I'm a fan of Beyond Good and Evil. But I'm not going to buy this game a year later after it has been completely spoiled. What's the point? The story will be ruined. It will be impossible to stay spoiler free for a year...

This is the logical extension of exclusives, though. Good luck with that. And good luck getting good sales for the other versions.

If that's legit information... Beyond Good and Evil has just been crossed off my wishlist.

It's also interesting about EverQuest... I wonder if the IP is going to get dropped. Two failed games that didn't even make it out of production? Who is paying them to continue to not make money?

3. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    Look. I'm a fan of Beyond Good and Evil. But I'm not going to buy this game a year later after it has been completely spoiled. What's the point? The story will be ruined. It will be impossible to stay spoiler free for a year...
    For me it's very easy to have a complete media blackout on a project due to lack of interest. If you've got self-control issues then that's your personal failing alone.

There's a VERY good chance that BG&E wouldn't have happened without Nintendo, similar to Bayonetta 2 or Devil's Third. If a 12 month wait is the price to pay then so be it.

This is the logical extension of exclusives, though. Good luck with that. And good luck getting good sales for the other versions.
    Nah, PC gamers are happy to wait for better versions of games. GTA 5 launched 1.5 years after console, sold 2 million on PC in just 1 month.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 11th January 2017 at 8:05 am.

4. Post
    Really want BG&E2, even if it comes to the Switch first. Hope it'll turn out just as good as the first.

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Nah, PC gamers are happy to wait for better versions of games. GTA 5 launched 1.5 years after console, sold 2 million on PC in just 1 month.
    I don't think they waited or happy to wait, I think most of them played it on PS3/360 with 11million copies sold within 24hrs & PS4/Xb1 versions only selling around 10million within 2 & half months. PC is the home of MMO's, RTS & MOBA's.

5. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    I don't think they waited or happy to wait, I think most of them played it on PS3/360 with 11million copies sold within 24hrs & PS4/Xb1 versions only selling around 10million within 2 & half months.
    Please f*ck off with your system war shit. 2 million sales in a month on a single platform getting a delayed port is still a huge achievement.

AAA blockbusters tend to do better on consoles in general because there's less games and a smaller variety of them to play on consoles.
    PC is the home of MMO's, RTS & MOBA's.
    Actually PC has ALL the genres.

6. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Please f*ck off with your system war shit. 2 million sales in a month on a single platform getting a delayed port is still a huge achievement.

AAA blockbusters tend to do better on consoles in general because there's less games and a smaller variety of them to play on consoles.

Actually PC has ALL the genres.
    Just saying 2 million isn't amazing for a game like GTA5, PC players probably weren't happy to wait so a lot of them who had a PS3/360 just bought it for that, 11million copies sold in 24 hours is amazing - if PC was released on the same day you would expect it to have sold that 2million in 24hours instead of 2 months. In that PC is the home of MMO's, RTS in such with them always being at the top of the charts year after year beating out new titles.

Its really no argument that PC has more games & all the game genres available for it, but I really wouldn't want all them early access / indie games on console it just makes the store a mess to find the good games.

7. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Its really no argument that PC has more games & all the game genres available for it, but I really wouldn't want all them early access / indie games on console it just makes the store a mess to find the good games.
    What the **** am I reading

8. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    What the **** am I reading
    Your reading that PC basically has the MMO, RTS & some competitive shooters all to itself. While PC also gets all the main multi-platform games, its main exclusives would be the genres above like World of Warcraft, Company of Heroes, Civilization & Counter-Strike. Most other great games are indie titles, a lot are rough early access games but a few do release & are great games. Rest of steam, most of steam is full of junk titles that will run on a lot of devices, people buy & don't play.

+ All the good PC titles, in a lot of cases just wouldn't be ideal with a controller anyways - best those titles stay exclusive to PC. PC is ideal for them games for that reason, pretty much all other AAA games do better on console so you do see exclusives on consoles ranging from hack in slash, JRPGs and range of genres / games selling better.. Even the Vita was/is an ideal place for indie developers to create games for over other devices, depending on the game it can sell better depending on the device its released for.

PC, Consoles, Handholds, Mobile titles generally all have its own sort of games. Comes down to preference, GTA5 is a massive title & would of sold a lot more on PC if it released alongside the PS3/360 versions or even the PS4/XB1. Timed exclusives normally don't sell as well as they would if it was released within a short time period.

9. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Most other great games are indie titles, a lot are rough early access games but a few do release & are great games. Rest of steam, most of steam is full of junk titles that will run on a lot of devices, people buy & don't play.
    I don't think you understand how Steam works, it has recommendations and a customised shopping experience. I also personally don't go trawling through the library to find a game I like, I look for it after being recommended it or reading about it online.

10. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    I don't think you understand how Steam works, it has recommendations and a customised shopping experience. I also personally don't go trawling through the library to find a game I like, I look for it after being recommended it or reading about it online.
    I don't think you understand how Steam works. It recommends crap to people that they don't want, or wouldn't ever be interested in. And the "customized shopping experience" is an absolute joke. It also bundles together games that nobody wants with one or two games that people might be interested in at some point, so people end up buying shit they won't ever play.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make... but you're wrong about Steam.