1. Post

Scalebound canceled

Scalebound, the much-hyped Platinum-developed action game that was previously scheduled for Xbox One and PC, is in trouble and may be cancelled, according to several sources.

We expect the official announcement shortly. When reached by Kotaku today, Microsoft sent over a brief statement: “We’ll have more to share on ‘Scalebound’ soon.”

We hadn’t heard or seen anything of Scalebound in recent months, and it was curiously missing from an Xbox Wire post last week that talked about the future of Xbox One. Microsoft has also removed the official Scalebound page from the Xbox website.
    http://kotaku.com/rumors-swirl-that-...ble-1790986886

RIP if true. To be fair every time they showed it off it looked pretty rough.
    Last edited by Valeyard; 10th January 2017 at 12:23 pm.

2. Post
    Continues the run of DOA xbox exclusives

3. Post

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Continues the run of DOA xbox exclusives
    What exclusives? There hasn't been any after 2015.

5. Post
    It looked shit anyway.

Why anyone would wear beats by dre when fighting monsters is beyond me.

6. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    What exclusives? There hasn't been any after 2015.
    Well yeah, that's kinda the point of his post.

7. Post
    At least they didn't pull a No Man's Sky and release a POS just for the sake of it I suppose

8. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    It looked shit anyway.

Why anyone would wear beats by dre when fighting monsters is beyond me.
    because in platinum i trust, Sad because it was one of the initial reasons i purchased an X1. I've gotten a lot more out of it now but its sad that something i was hyped for died. Rumours flying around that kamiya has gone AWOL and there was some culture clash between platinum and MS

9. Post
    This game looked like it was an almost finished game, well into beta. If we find out that it was mainly held back by a disagreement into how to optimise the game (eg maybe MS wanting visuals at 30fps but Kamiya wanting 60fps with worse graphics) or the shoehorning in of multiplayer then I'll be very disappointed.

Games like Devil May Cry are increasingly rare now, especially given that God of War 4 is being reinvented into a Naughty Dog-esque "cinematic experience" with depthless combat that's "press A for Awesome" to grab the dudebro audience.

It was also a Monster Hunter-esque looking ARPG. There's a gap in that market that Western PC gamers were aching to have filled and this game might've done much better to achieve that than lower budget games like God Eater or abortions like Toukiden on PC.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Games like Devil May Cry are increasingly rare now, especially given that God of War 4 is being reinvented into a Naughty Dog-esque "cinematic experience" with depthless combat that's "press A for Awesome" to grab the dudebro audience.
    You say that as if God of War had deep combat to start with.

11. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    This game looked like it was an almost finished game, well into beta. If we find out that it was mainly held back by a disagreement into how to optimise the game (eg maybe MS wanting visuals at 30fps but Kamiya wanting 60fps with worse graphics) or the shoehorning in of multiplayer then I'll be very disappointed.

It was also a Monster Hunter-esque looking ARPG. There's a gap in that market that Western PC gamers were aching to have filled and this game might've done much better to achieve that than lower budget games like God Eater or abortions like Toukiden on PC.
    It's a shame this was canned, it was looking good (apart from the headphones, that shit was wack AF).

In other news, God of War appeals to me now for the first time ever, I must be the target market: press A for awesome type nikkuh