Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Switch Pre-order / Midnight launch?

With Nintendo’s presentation in a couple of days revealing price/games/release date, has anyone already pre-ordered or are looking to pre-order upon announcement? I know demand often outweighs supply in the US with console releases, so wonder if NZ's demand will outweigh the supply here as well.

Also, anyone know if there are likely to be midnight release events?
    Last edited by WhatsUpMyNinja_; 10th January 2017 at 12:57 pm. Reason: Supply/demand

2. Post
    I already pre-ordered just in case. Had to chuck down $50 at EB but if you change your mind they refund so not really any commitment. I will most likely be grabbing one regardless of how well it is received (unless its utter trash).

3. Post
    Er... do you mean demand outweigh's supply? Because if supply outweighs demand, theres no reason for anyone to preorder.

4. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Er... do you mean demand outweigh's supply?
    Yep!

5. Post
    Anyway, no I probably won't buy one at release. I'll wait a few months for the price to drop.

I'm a bit like this. GUYS GUYS ERROR THIRTY SEVEN ERROR THIRTY SEVEN!!!!

6. Post
    I almost preordered on Mighty Ape a few days ago but then I hesitated to checkout, because I wondered if there will be a bundle deal with a game in the next few weeks. I lucked out on the Wii U at launch and got one of those Wii U + Zombi deals at The Warehouse. Yes I'm a cheap arse but then again I should probably preorder now to secure a console.

7. Post
    whilst i am more optimistic about the switch than I was the Wii U, going to be waiting for a bit to see how it goes.
    kinda learnt my lesson from the WiiU not to to be so in a hurry to get the console.
    who knows, might see a similar WiiU situation where stores here were just trying to get rid of stock early on

8. Post
    So I think eb games has had its pre orders open since the reveal last year. I pre ordered last night. I hope I wont be too far down the list. How much stock do you think they will get?

9. Post
    well seeing as Nintendo consoles haven't really done that well in the past (especially in NZ), I feel like stores will be much more cautious with how much stock they try to bring in.

And there's also the problem of there being reportedly low numbers of units available for preorder in some stores in the States as well. Might not even have enough stock to fulfil demand.

I'm still going to hold out a bit, whilst BOTW looks like a great game, there isn't much else at launch games wise that demands that I buy first day sadly. Mario looks really good and I loved the first Splatoon, so might pick it up a 2-3 months after release

10. Post
    I preordered at mighty ape a few days ago. The "Current Sales Rank" I think was around Top 2000. It's now at top 10, so I wonder if there will be another case of people having to wait a few months for a second shipment to arrive.

11. Post
    I might grab one when they have bundle deals so I know I've got a game not just a console collecting dust for a couple of months. Mario and Zelda looks good.

12. Post
    Yea I'm gonna be doing the same as you Warzoner.
    Kinda learnt my lesson with the WiiU (that drought was so bad when it first came out)

13. Post
    As someone who has a PS4 and pretty much play one game (Rocket League), even just a few must-plays a year is enough for me- anything else is just icing. I know that's not the case for a lot of other people, but works fine for me. There are just too many games to play anyway, so it's almost nice having the choice of games restricted for a change. Maybe I'll actually finish a game or two like when I was a kid.

14. Post
    EB Games is still saying pre-order and get it on day one. If they were sold out there'd be a big sign up saying so. For me it really doesn't matter about titles, I've been on a hiatus from consoles for the last 2 generations. Even if there is a handful of good games I've never really had more than 5 or 6 games that I play regularly anyhow. So, Odyssey, Bomberman, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart, FIFA and NBA2k which we're guaranteed pretty much has me covered and the whole system could flop and I'd be OK. While I'd like Rockstar to get on board with a GTA game or two that would be icing on the cake. If something like Project CARS ever got around to coming out that'd be great also, but I'm sure Codemasters will bring Grid to the Switch at some point as they're already on board.

The bonus of having low expectations is that the whole thing could flop and I wouldn't care any less. I'm not riding on this as if its going to be all of my future hopes and dreams and to be honest that comes with a reality that I'm old and I've got better things to do most of the time than playing games.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 23rd January 2017 at 8:11 pm.

15. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    EB Games is still saying pre-order and get it on day one. If they were sold out there'd be a big sign up saying so.
    They wouldn't (not always).

Me, and others have been led to believe a pre-order has netted us a day one copy only to be told that we'll be getting our order next shipment.

16. Post
    Just want to make sure everyone gets a chance to see The Warehouse's 10% off online orders until midnight tonight - including all Switch stuff. https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/c/ele...ming/nintendo-

17. Post
    Is a Friday launch, the ape is pretty good at getting pre-orders out the day before and letting you know.

Save a few bucks on something already expensive at the warehouse then, so does the warehouse ship out day before so arrive on the Friday, or would end up getting it Monday or even Tues/Weds?

If pickup in store, will that mean sometime the following week?

18. Post
    per The Warehouse:

Availability: Pre-order
    available on 03 03 2017
    I'm pretty confident they'll be good for pickup on release day. Not unhappy about saving $75 on console + Zelda either.

19. Post
    Im in Napier, I can not be sure if have in store, just ordered online before the clock strikes 12, then in the same boat as all other onliners.

Switch + Zelda, delivered = $589

MA price is $651

Yea saving extra $62 is nothing to scoff at, even if don't get one day one. Will use the extra money to buy Bomberman R, but really just buying it cause there isn't anything else to buy. Feel kind of lame paying as much as Zelda game, with the difference will work out paying $40 for it. Wouldn't mind carry case, but meh at $40

btw. just checked my PSVR order from the warehouse that I believe release on the 13th October 2016, was shipped out on the 12th and I received it on the 13th. If that is anything to go by, then yea should arrive release day for everyone online ordering.
    Last edited by 3DS; 31st January 2017 at 12:12 am.

20. Post
    Good job to everyone who got their cheaper Switches. I feel like we kind of gamed the system or something. Will be interesting to see if MightyApe choose to match the price rather than lose the order, but it's probably not likely.

And cheers for the info re PSVR release - sounds like we'll be all good for launch day then.

21. Post
    Rii wrote:
    They wouldn't (not always).

Me, and others have been led to believe a pre-order has netted us a day one copy only to be told that we'll be getting our order next shipment.
    In which case I'll just cancel my order and tell them where to go. Far to old to play that game. I'll reorder some place else once stock is more widely available. Not really a big deal to me, I'm an adult now.

22. Post
    WhatsUpMyNinja_ wrote:
    Just want to make sure everyone gets a chance to see The Warehouse's 10% off online orders until midnight tonight - including all Switch stuff. https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/c/ele...ming/nintendo-
    I'm not in New Zealand so that deal is probably not applicable to me.

23. Post
    Considering the console is really a hybrid, handheld console first with the ability to hook up to your TV. It is way overpriced for what you get. Even with 10% off. Appears to be like a glorified Sony Vita, for this day and age is about right where the hardware should be for such a handheld.

Zelda is the only real game worth the price, with that said could be better off getting a Wii U if not already have one, and just buy Zelda, same game in the end. Neither game is true FHD at release which isn't so bad for the Wii U but the switch should be at least that if wants to call itself a home console, otherwise its just a handheld reaching its native resolution for the small 6" screen

The other switch games are way overpriced, for their level of content creation, based on the ability of the Switch with its tiny little Nviida Tegra tablet processor. Many games are looking like the Nvidia Shield game with full store price tags attached.

Anyway with all that said, I still must have the latest and greatest on release day, Will just end up buying it anyhow.

No midnight launch for me, but I still like to get things on day one, hoping the warehouse delivers

24. Post
    Please tell me what AAA rated games are coming to the Shield? I'm intrigued by this ridiculous statement.

25. Post
    List the launch games which are AAA excluding in-house Nintendo