1. Post

Windows 10 Vs 144hz monitor

Hey - anyone else with a 144hz monitor finding windows has a few issues? if i set my screen to 144hz it seems to give windows a headache in drawing context menus, drop down boxes etc...

Just me?

reinstalled gfx driver, repaired windows etc

Connected using display port to a 1070..

2. Post
    No issues here, running 1080p display port 144hz monitor.

3. Post
    Hmm

i bought monitor other day, and since then have had this issue. Had dropped the monitor down to 120 hz and that seemed to cure it, until rebooted and now it's back to being weird.

That and my hard drives seem a little unresponsive.

le sigh

4. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Hey - anyone else with a 144hz monitor finding windows has a few issues? if i set my screen to 144hz it seems to give windows a headache in drawing context menus, drop down boxes etc...

Just me?

reinstalled gfx driver, repaired windows etc

Connected using display port to a 1070..
    Just you?

I have a 165hz g-sync panel working a ok on W10.

5. Post
    oh it's normally just me with these sorts of things

6. Post
    different device you can test it on?

7. Post
    Try doing a clean install of your graphics drivers. I had a similar problem when i upgraded from 60hz to a 144hz monitor. The monitor would only work properly if i set it at 120hz or below and opening certain programs like Chrome cause my pc to crash and my whole screen turns to static. Doing a clean install fixed it for me.

Im not sure about Nvidia but AMD drivers has an option to clean install with the release of ReLive. Try Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) if you dont have this option in Nvidia installer.

http://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/wagnard-applications

8. Post
    Yeah, did try that, but no dice. My pc has a bit of a shonky mobo, but i suspect this win 10 may just need a reinstall

9. Post
    Check you have the actual monitor drivers and not the Generic one.

10. Post
    monitor drivers?

It's a gsync monitor, don't think there are actual screen drivers

11. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    monitor drivers?

It's a gsync monitor, don't think there are actual screen drivers
    I had all sorts of problems running a freesync monitor until I installed the actual monitor drivers. Did it come with a CD?

12. Post
    Yeah no issues here either on gsync 144hz through display port and a gtx 1080.

Have you tried running older drivers and then updating?

In the last my friend had to do that in order to get his graphics driver to stop crashing. No idea what the issue was as it ran fine after updating to the latest version which was what he tried to install first, but issue hasn't come back.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

13. Post
    It came with a cd.. Haha but i have no cd drive. haven't had one for about 4 years.

Had a look on their website but could not find drivers

14. Post
    Hmm, found a driver.. installed it, windows says it's the same one it already has :/ blergh !