1. Post

Splitfish Frag chuck

Yo guys,

I brought one of the original of these for my old xbox360 and it lagged like a piece of S***.

https://world.splitfish.com/fragfx-g...ck-pc-mac.html

I never tried it on PC but now that I'm getting back into PC gaming, I was wondering if the newer Fragchuck would actually work well, paired with my own mouse.

Decent reviews are scarce on this product and that IMO usually points to it being a pile of crap lol. Kinda seems like each review is either in a foreign language or seems as someone who is talking it up to the point it seems they got the product free to do so.

From searching google for a bit I came across a comment stating that the chuck wouldn't be able to be used as a "analog" stick because it become "digital" once plugged into a pc, if this is true then theres no point as I only wanna try out the chuck.

Anyone used, owned or have any information?

2. Post
    Also found this thread when searching GP.

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/49...ight=splitfish

Did this ever release?

3. Post
    You could just try it on your PC and see for yourself.

4. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    You could just try it on your PC and see for yourself.
    I had the old version a good 5 - 6 years ago, have no idea where it is now.

5. Post
    eargasm wrote:
    I had the old version a good 5 - 6 years ago, have no idea where it is now.
    If you want a controller I'd say just get an official Sony/Microsoft controller since they tend to have far better build quality than other controllers, but if you want to use a mouse you could try something like a Belkin n52te or a Logitech G13, you'd probably get more out it than half a dodgy looking controller.

But the question I have is why isn't a keyboard good enough?

6. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    If you want a controller I'd say just get an official Sony/Microsoft controller since they tend to have far better build quality than other controllers, but if you want to use a mouse you could try something like a Belkin n52te or a Logitech G13, you'd probably get more out it than half a dodgy looking controller.

But the question I have is why isn't a keyboard good enough?
    I have a Microsoft Controller but the aiming is nowhere up to par with the mouse. The Logitech G13 may be an option, I think the main problem is that I struggle with "f" (melee), "ctrl" (crouch), "c" for (prone) and "e". I'm comfortable using w,a,s,d and shift but the other keys online give me no0b fingers (Can't press were I need to, if that makes sense) under full on medium to full on moments.

I have a MX518, so thinking mapping melee to one of the side buttons may help a bit also.
    Last edited by eargasm; 10th January 2017 at 7:51 pm. Reason: Added mouse comment

7. Post
    So let's establish exactly what you want here:- a KB+M solution for PC couch/bed gaming?
    eargasm wrote:
    Yo guys,

I brought one of the original of these for my old xbox360 and it lagged like a piece of S***.
    Of course that would happen. 95% of 360 games had no native mouse support, it was emulating analogue stick movements.

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    So let's establish exactly what you want here:- a KB+M solution for PC couch/bed gaming?

Of course that would happen. 95% of 360 games had no native mouse support, it was emulating analogue stick movements.
    No, I have a deskstop setup in my spare room. What I want is to have easier use of the f key,
    Ctrl and c keys as I struggle to use these efficiently/fluently with keyboard mouse setup. Strafe, sprint, movement etc all feel better as a combined motion with a analog stick for movement and mouse for aiming, I've tried holding the Xbox controller in my left hand and mouse in my right and the movement feels pretty good the only issue I've found is that there isn't enough "reachable" buttons when doing this with a 360 controller.

So the main topic is aimed at products like the split fish work and whether or not it is a piece of junk not worth looking at.