1. Post

Quiet video card

Hey guys as my current gtx970 sounds like a ****ing mac truck I'm looking for a new card, going for a gtx1070 looking at ~$800 max needs to be a good rated card that's near silent, recommendations appreciated.

2. Post
    What 970 do you have? EVGA SC?

3. Post
    MSI Gaming X - quietest of the air cooled top brand/models.

4. Post
    my last cards the 970 strix models were fairly quiet, bigger fans helped too, can only assume the new strix models are the same.
    current 1070 gigabyte windforce OC has been very quiet for me

5. Post
    More fans the better IMO. My last two cards have been Gigabyte Windforce 3X (6950/970) and i've never really noticed the noise they make.*

*I do have headphones on while gaming, but I also know what a loud GPU sounds like.

How many fans does your current card have? What sort of temperature is it reaching? And have you cleaned out the dust recently?

6. Post
    ludez wrote:
    what 970 do you have? Evga sc?
    turbo-gtx970-oc-4gd5

7. Post
    dragunks wrote:
    turbo-gtx970-oc-4gd5
    Oh that single fan one?

8. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    More fans the better IMO. My last two cards have been Gigabyte Windforce 3X (6950/970) and i've never really noticed the noise they make.*

*I do have headphones on while gaming, but I also know what a loud GPU sounds like.

How many fans does your current card have? What sort of temperature is it reaching? And have you cleaned out the dust recently?
    1 fan, it's idling right now at 37 which is good considering its 28 in the house atm >.< under load it doesn't tend to go above 70.

I keep the case pretty clean, there's no dust I can see.

This dude had the same issues
    http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/50...GPU-s-go-wrong

9. Post
    Well it's just a slightly redesigned reference card. Actually it's not fair to compare the two really as the NVIDIA reference cards are awesome.

I guess it's in the name itself*turbo*.

10. Post
    I hate MSI.

...and Coolermaster.

Come at me those with MSI/Coolermaster builds.

11. Post
    MSI GTX 980ti was my favourite card yet. Cool and quiet.

Tap talky walky pro top

12. Post
    I'm with Asus STRIX. Big meaty fans are quieter than small solo fans, since they don't have to spin nearly as fast to get more air through.

The loudest fans in my entire case is actually the mini-fans I have on the motherboard. Of course, I have these set to run at low rpm since they are non-essential in the first place.

13. Post
    Asus cards are quiet but more expensive

14. Post
    MSI and Asus are the only video card brands I go for nowadays.