Have yet to finish 4 and 5...

2. Post
    i never buy new games so this will have to wait

3. Post
    Same date as RE7, interesting

4. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Same date as RE7, interesting
    I'll skip RE7. Yakuza is more entertaining.

5. Post
    So can you play this without playing the other Yakuza's? I'm interested in this one but cbf going back and playing a whole series.

6. Post
    Yes I have heard this is a good starting point.

Thoughts on game if possible please.

7. Post
    It is a prequel so dont think we need knowledge of the past games. I am thinking about getting it as Ive just finished watchdogs 2 (great game).

8. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    So can you play this without playing the other Yakuza's? I'm interested in this one but cbf going back and playing a whole series.
    All of the Yakuza games are standalone, but you get a bit more mileage (even this prequel) if you knew the entire lore/history of the franchise. Still as a prequel it's a good starting point.

9. Post
    I picked up this without playing the other games. It's pretty clunky with lots of camera issues, but it's still pretty fun.

10. Post
    I'm about 4-5 hours in.

Like all the other Yakuza games it has a B tier feel mechanically but, pretty frequently breaks into the AAA category through story/scenarios/extra content. Personally I love the series but it might not be for everyone from a purely gameplay stand point. I'd say grab it (and the rest of the series) if you want a solid Japanese mafia story experience with some pretty goofy (but engaging) combat/exploration.
    Last edited by seanhinton; 27th January 2017 at 12:06 am.

11. Post
    How does it compare to sleeping dogs? Or is it not even similar?

12. Post
    Usergame wrote:
    From the little I've seen I'd say they're very different games.

Tapatapatapatapa-tap

13. Post
    Usergame wrote:
    Different. Yakuza is a brawler with RPG elements. Plus it has shit tons of mini-games that will keep you entertained for hours.

14. Post
    Yakuza games that have come out recently have more content than recent AAA games.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15. Post
    Stuff I did in game - Watching softcore stuff. Bless the 80s. You don't see this in Yakuza 4 or 5 which is like in the 20th Century. Times have changed.

Rouge of Love, a staple Karaoke song in Yakuza. Everybody say ROUGE OF LUV!

16. Post
    As we're looking at Yakuza 0 videos, here's a chronicle of my time in Kamurocho. It's a wild, wild place...with karaoke!

https://youtu.be/EdkAf3nJ_Fw