1. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The Division can piss off with its bullet sponge enemies who don't even wear body armour, such a disgrace to the Tom Clancy game legacy.
    Here's the thing i dont understand though. Is The Division a shooter with RPG element or An RPG game with guns and skills instead of swords and magic? For me personally its the latter, that said im not saying a Shooter with RPG element is wrong either. you know why? because MASSIVE still hasnt openly define the game's genre

2. Post
    Open beta preload is up.

3. Post
    Thought I'd be loving this game but in the space of 1 hour I was bored shitless

Game is like a barren wasteland -theres no one in it, yes its in the wild but still, no animals even?
    Game felt like a chore the story was rather meh

The only positive is that it looked pretty,

Don't mean to be negative, but as it is I can't see this game having a shelflife of more than a month for most people I would like to be proven wrong but hey

4. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    Thought I'd be loving this game but in the space of 1 hour I was bored shitless

Game is like a barren wasteland -theres no one in it, yes its in the wild but still, no animals even?
    Game felt like a chore the story was rather meh

The only positive is that it looked pretty,

Don't mean to be negative, but as it is I can't see this game having a shelflife of more than a month for most people I would like to be proven wrong but hey
    you tried the open beta?

5. Post
    Yep, looking around I'm not the only one who shares the same views.

One statement I browsed across sums it up perfectly, while the game ain't bad it ain't great either, it lacks soul and overall feels like a very hollow experience.

I'll give it another go to see it if changes my mind but yeh

6. Post
    Game is a bore feast, only took me 20mins before I had seen everything but I felt like I had done nothing in the game.. Story missions are like short side missions, side missions are like micro missions.

7. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Game is a bore feast, only took me 20mins before I had seen everything but I felt like I had done nothing in the game.. Story missions are like short side missions, side missions are like micro missions.
    Yeah pretty much sums up my thoughts

8. Post
    played the closed beta and not even the warm presence of fellow gp chums + beersies could make the game appeal to me. We were having more fun just mucking around and getting killed by xspikes driving than anything. Would rather bust out GTAV Heists again tbh. (edit, i pretty much retyped what I'd posted on the previous page. short attention span / horrible memory)
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 24th February 2017 at 3:50 pm.

9. Post
    It's essentially Just Cause 2 with GR:FS style shooting and an awful cover system that doesn't work most of the time.

10. Post
    Glorifies American aggression/imperialism against poor countries who are merely meeting the demand for drugs created by the US. **** this game.

11. Post
    Having played a couple of sessions now, it's not a GR game.

There's moments of brilliance, like creeping up on a radio tower in the dark with a thunderstorm above, or picking off enemies one by one using squad commands. The core components are all there to make it better than Future Soldier or even the GRAW titles. Gunsmith is still there which is awesome, the drone is better designed, and your squad is fairly responsive to commands. Also, I thought the cover system is not only better then the previous games, but seems to work better than every other softlock cover system I've used.

But using an open world framework has killed this game tbh.
    -The AI is thicker than 2 bricks (both the enemies and your own squad)
    -Your squad aren't smart enough to use vehicle themselves and so magically spawn out of your arse when you hop off a dirt bike.
    -An enemy can stand right next to a team mate and empty clip after clip into them without having an impact. Half the challenge of these games is supposed to be keeping your team alive.
    -The vehicle handling sucks, but then using vehicles in the first place is only a necessity of the open world environment. The helicopter handling was particularly poor when compared to BF or GTA games.
    -The free roaming choose-your-own-mission structure doesn't work imo, it's another open world trope that has removed what should have been a tight focus on tactical combat.
    -There's so much unnecessary fluff. I get that it's part of the unstructured openworld game type, and it honestly works for most games in that genre, but it doesn't fit this franchise at all imo.

It reminds me of what was done with MGS franchise, the difference being that Kojima did a much better job of converting the gameplay mechanics for sandbox play.

Taken on it's own merits it's actually a decent open world shooting game ( though it doesn't really stand out much from all of the competition). But as a Ghost Recon game it's a flop. They should have gone the Sniper Elite 4 route and given you multiple smaller sandboxes for each mission, that kept the focus purely on the tasks at hand and ditched the need for all the unnecessary crap that's been shoehorned in.

So disappointed right now.

12. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Having played a couple of sessions now, it's not a GR game.
    I mostly agree, although have had a blast with friend in coop. It's like the Conviction of Ghost Recon, where taken as its own game and if it dropped the brand name then it's decent-good. I think it would be better in a less linear story going for more of just picking any target you like trying to take down a hydra-like operation, with taking out more at the bottom weakening the top while still being able to go for the heads at any time. Greatly preferred FS's gunsmith, it had more options available like being able to undergas the system so you reduce rate of fire and being able to see the weapon with locked parts. The weapons aren't great in Wildlands but still better than The Division.

13. Post
    Yeah best to think of it as a stand alone game instead of a GR game. The vehicle handling is terrible, can't believe a game can have it this bad in 2017.

14. Post
    detonator7 wrote:
    Yeah best to think of it as a stand alone game instead of a GR game. The vehicle handling is terrible, can't believe a game can have it this bad in 2017.
    It the same in Watch Dogs 2, they're more slippery than Halo's warthogs.

15. Post
    The jeeps literally hop along the road. Have only played 2 hours so far, will keep playing it as I was really looking forward to this last year. The squad play is extremely basic which is disappointing.

16. Post
    I only had one play of the closed Beta, but it was enough for me to decide on a purchase.

Agree that it's definitely not a traditional GR game, but i enjoyed what i played of it, and i think that co-op is where it'll come into it's own (although it sounds like i might be the only one getting it!). Can see situations where you creep into a village whilst someone is up high spotting and calling out enemies, sniping them when they could - that kind of thing. The sandbox aspect looks like it's loose enough to allow for some potentially cool emergent gameplay, where your best laid plans go South but it's still a lot of fun.

It's a bit silly, but not nearly as OTT ridiculous as the likes of Just Cause. Will be interesting to see if it forces more tactical play on higher difficulty levels. I also reckon it'll be fun to just explore the environment, as it certainly does look very nice indeed.

17. Post
    i played it over the weekend coop with HUD off / hidden. totally different game, died a lot in the early easy missions too

you guys should try it out lol

18. Post
    Amoki wrote:
    No thread started on this, so thought I'lll start one.

Closed Beta went live 12am today. 22 GB for the beta. Still bugs here and there, but stable and no crashes on my rig. Closed beta will go on for 3 days and guys already in the closed beta can send invites.

Definitely a game that must be played with guys on mic (Discord etc.) for it to be fun. The experience between solo, public and friends is night and day. I suspect the game will effectively kill The Division for good.
    It looks like today's the last day to register for the open beta.

You can do it here:

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wild...eta/index.aspx

The concept of the game is basically special ops versus drug lords. A concept that is very likable.

Here's some footage of the gameplay (fast forawrd to 17:00):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wasDqZWRRUQ

And yes, this game may well kill The Division.

19. Post
    sayaku wrote:
    And yes, this game may well kill The Division.
    It won't.

20. Post
    Played Open Beta. Farcry meets GTA meets Just Cause 2.

+
    Very pretty
    Loadout customisation hugely detailed
    Models are great
    No bullet sponges
    Nice squad/Rebel controls
    Drone was useful

-
    World is barren.
    Too few vehicle varieties
    Cars/planes/helicopters handle poorly
    Missions all a bit short and end bosses were dispatched too easily
    Where's the RPG ?

Would buy on sale 50% off or more.

21. Post
    Flannel wrote:
    It looks appallingly bad on low, leading me to think it could be far better optimised.
    As I said before gunsmith in FS was better and more detailed, this is a step back.
    I didn't think there was much variation between enemy models, but I didn't zoom in on corpses.
    I noticed a suppressed rifle round was enough to put down any unaware enemy, but as soon as combat is engaged then TTK increases.
    Squad AI is a bunch of dummies, they're not blowing my cover but I think that they can't be detected unless I am. Their only usefulness exists in sync shots and revives.
    The drone is the basically the same as in FS, I think AW also had one but I don't remember how it worked.

They need to add some big cats, foxes, wild dogs, tapir and bats at night to flesh it out more. I only saw herds of llama and a giant flock of flamingos in a few certain places.
    I thought there was enough variety for vehicles.
    I agree, the helicopter needs to have it's auto balance needs to be toggleable like Arma to make flight more like battlefield.
    I feel like a tactical shooter (or a game trying to be one) shouldn't make bosses have more health or something, they're still human those in the beta weren't armoured in any way.
    The grenade launcher fills the void, it can take down any helicopter in a single shot if you can aim.

I'd wait for $40 or less by Christmas, I don't think it's going to do too well for Ubisoft. Additionally, not impressed at all by having to go into aim mode to change rate of fire etc, it simply doesn't work when in cover; it would only work if the game didn't have a cover system and it'd still be annoying.

22. Post
    So this is out in a couple of days.And its kinda peaked my interest. How easy would it be jumping in from a division players perspective?

23. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    So this is out in a couple of days.And its kinda peaked my interest. How easy would it be jumping in from a division players perspective?
    Things die when shot, must be quite the jump.

24. Post
    Im preloaded with a few buddies, I think it will be fun for that reason.

25. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    Things die when shot, must be quite the jump.
    Yeah, the whole bullet-sponge thing gives me the shits about The Division; it's a dude in a hoodie FFS!! Go down already!!

Rebound wrote:
    Im preloaded with a few buddies, I think it will be fun for that reason.
    PS4 or PC Master Race?