1. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    wat
    10 doesn't have to mean it's perfect you nub.
    actually 10/10 means perfection as in there is nothing wrong with it

2. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Nope. Wrong/trolling again, as usual.

Also, this is super interesting:

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    When will you learn? Why do you insist on posting when you don't know what you're talking about? That is not what it means at all in this context.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reviews.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	216185

bionic.man wrote:
    "While the comparisons to the From Software library are unavoidable, this is a very different experience"

So, what class/genre is it?
    Are you saying that genre/class and experience are the same thing? .

Genre - 3rd person action rpg with a high degree of difficulty. Seems accurate. Or maybe High skill combat focused 3rd Person aRPG.
    Its definitely in the same boat as SoulsBorne, but its core combat mechanics and progression are very distinct.

4. Post
    Everyone please relax. Some classic gamer nitpicking going on here. Do everyone a favour and get your personal frustrations out another way.

5. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Genre - 3rd person action rpg with a high degree of difficulty. Seems accurate. Or maybe High skill combat focused 3rd Person aRPG.
    Its definitely in the same boat as SoulsBorne, but its core combat mechanics and progression are very distinct.

Do I need to explain how games in the same genre provide different experiences, or do I actually need to point this out to you?
    You have explained AND pointed out, which is more than I could ask for, and for that you have my thanks.

It is unfortunate you've interpreted my post as hostile.

6. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    You have explained AND pointed out, which is more than I could ask for, and for that you have my thanks.

It is unfortunate you've interpreted my post as hostile.
    It was the framing. It looks like you're trying to point out a contradiction.

7. Post
    Should post that on reviews then

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Should post that on reviews then

It is.
    It is linked on every single review, and has been for years.

Name:	reviews2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	216186

9. Post
    Played a couple of hours last night. I had mixed feelings about the Last Chance Demo, but the full game is absolutely blowing me away. Have to agree with Chris that it immediately grabs you in a way that none of the Soulsborne games (barring maybe Dark Souls 1) could manage.

The prologue is awesome, teaches you most of the basic mechanics at a decent pace and then subtly ramps up the difficulty. The two knights outside the tower are a classic Dark Souls style noob-trap to check if you have picked up the mechanics yet or not, but the reward for beating encounters feels so much more satisfying than the souls equivalent - rather than just currency you also get a Diablo 3 style loot explosion that leads to a constant feeling of character progression/improvement.

Can't wait to play more, I'm hooked already.

10. Post
    ChrisB wrote:

It is.
    It is linked on every single review, and has been for years.

Name:	reviews2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	216186
    Too small

11. Post
    get some glasses

12. Post
    This is a great youtube review. Love the personality!

13. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Karak is my favorite reviewer. Angry Centaur Gaming is my go-to channel.

14. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Karak is my favorite reviewer. Angry Centaur Gaming is my go-to channel.
    +1. Jim Sterling also dropped a 10/10 http://www.thejimquisition.com/nioh-review/

15. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    He's a great reviewer, sometimes I do wish he was slightly less caffeinated though: reminds me of Gilmore Girls talk pacing

16. Post
    Is this made by the ninja gaiden guys?

17. Post
    Yes Sir

18. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Is this made by the ninja gaiden guys?
    Sort of, Tomonobu Itagaki isn't in the team anymore. He was the lead on the Ninja Gaiden series.

19. Post
    I loved ninja gaiden on original Xbox. This looks pretty similar in a way.

20. Post
    Chris are you able to go back to the Tower of London (starting mission) later in the game? Or any point you get to fight those soldiers again??

21. Post
    Jesus christ the combat in this game is phenomenal.

Ki retrieval and stance/weapon swapping on the fly feels so damn hot right now.

22. Post
    Loot drops sweet glorious loot drops!

23. Post
    Best trick I found to do. Once you have a good selection of equipment, equip the best low weight gear (mostly purple); look at the status effect it gives & the weight. Equip the best gear till your weight is 30% or under. Soul match all your equipped gear with the highest level gear of its sort, so it'll keep the same weight + stats, but it'll upgrade the defense. Next you can change the look of all your equipped gear to your liking, from your selection of gear.

This giving you the highest defensive gear in the lowest weight class + bonus status effects & you can make your guy look how you want.

--

Level 37 now. Done the first two main missions by myself, + on Torii Gates (co-op), a bit of summoning co-op finding the Kodama's! So cute! + helping defeat the second boss & also completed the side missions. Will move on the 3rd story mission tomorrow.

24. Post
    I want a Kodama plushi, that would be sweet as