1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I sure hope you aren't basing the kickstand flimsyness point entirely off CNet's now notorious "daytime informercial actor levels of stupidity" article/video!

Also, sucks you guys couldn't get a review unit - that's Ninty NZ though, seems to just not care.

3. Post
    How does the most popular gaming review site in the country (granted that's not as big of a deal as it sounds) not get a review unit? Did you forget to mention the site's credentials in the email or something?

Edit: NZGamer got a Switch + Zelda... http://nzgamer.com/reviews/2579/the-...-the-wild.html
    Last edited by Inkling; 3rd March 2017 at 10:59 am.

4. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    I sure hope you aren't basing the kickstand flimsyness point entirely off CNet's now notorious "daytime informercial actor levels of stupidity" article/video!
    Nah, didn't even bother with CNET. Unfortunately, kickstand issues were mentioned by most of the publications listed

Feliz wrote:
    Also, sucks you guys couldn't get a review unit - that's Ninty NZ though, seems to just not care.
    Yeah, it's a bummer, but I'm pretty used to Nintendo just doing its own thing. With the Wii U and 3DS, it's a miracle if we get a game less than a week after they launch, which is why there are few Ninty reviews on GP relative to other systems
    Last edited by Matt M; 2nd March 2017 at 1:00 pm. Reason: a word

5. Post
    sounds like a mixed bag, almost feels like the switch got rushed out

6. Post
    No headphone jack on the controller is a huge bummer, not sure if I could go back to 10m extension cables from my TV.

7. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    No headphone jack on the controller is a huge bummer, not sure if I could go back to 10m extension cables from my TV.
    I didnt even think about that until the other day when someone mentioned it. That is pretty crap but im not planning on picking up a pro controller just yet so im not too worried.

8. Post
    "paying NZ$650 to jam Zelda and little else."

This is pretty much where I am with it. Got the green light from wifey and good games coming, plus hopefully pokemon + smash in the future but for now maybe I should just stick to HZD.

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    sounds like a mixed bag, almost feels like the switch got rushed out
    Which is strange, because it's not like it's competing with anything.

10. Post
    "paying NZ$650 to jam Zelda and little else."

Kind of feel that's most console launches, console + one game that stands out over the other shovel-ware. Although granted there's not a lot of unique / new titles announced yet for Switch so I guess that's true. Hoping E3 stands out.

11. Post
    Eh. I'm buying one. I don't have massive expectations but it does look cool. It's more for the wife.

12. Post
    If they had a unique IP that I'm interested in then I'd think about picking it up in a year or two once they half the price of the console. I don't see it happening though.

13. Post
    got no interest at the moment to buy another Nintendo system when my Wii-u is perfectly fine lol people want to buy it by all means, to each there own, I'm just not falling for Nintendo and their " this is seriously THE system this time guys..I swear!"

I'm good, i'll pass!

14. Post
    You can argue other console releases for that price because the other manufacturers have delivered consoles that are used for more than just gaming. They're media centers and information consumers. The Switch appears to be marketed purely for games, so the perceived value is going to be 0 if you get it without where the value doesn't scale well if you get a single game with it.

15. Post
    I believe the game / zelda embargoes lift tonight, I think midnight nzt but maybe earlier. Depending on zelda I might pick the switch up tomorrow.

Several reviewers I follow have been hinting it's amazing but can't say any more yet.

16. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    I believe the game / zelda embargoes lift tonight, I think midnight nzt but maybe earlier. Depending on zelda I might pick the switch up tomorrow.

Several reviewers I follow have been hinting it's amazing but can't say any more yet.
    Yeah, midnight our time.

17. Post
    Well, I'm excited for it. Back on board with Nintendo after years away. Hyped for Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Mario Odyssey to name a few, not to mention the big list of indies that were announced yesterday.

I'm just hoping I can still find time for some Horizon and Mass Effect as well this year. It's a good time to be a gamer.

18. Post
    I will love this if it gets 3rd party support.

19. Post
    Britneys Spear wrote:
    I will love this if it gets 3rd party support.
    3rd party indie support already looks pretty damn strong. Everything else though I'd say you're outta luck.

It's odd that the other NZ gaming site got a copy of Zelda to review but GP didn't.

20. Post
    Rii wrote:
    You can argue other console releases for that price because the other manufacturers have delivered consoles that are used for more than just gaming. They're media centers and information consumers. The Switch appears to be marketed purely for games, so the perceived value is going to be 0 if you get it without where the value doesn't scale well if you get a single game with it.
    Which is Bizarre, because it's inherent portability means this would be the device I'm most interested in having the likes of netflix, spotify, DLNA suport, e-reader, etc.

21. Post
    Well judging by its other scores so far here I'll write GP's Zelda review for you:

You're welcome.

22. Post
    Not as bad as I thought it would be but still very underpowered.