Page 6 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

1. Post
    Just watched the Panel on twitch, looks pretty damn good... some much needed features that should have been in D1

GPNZ Clan amirite bois? :P

Not a huge fan of the Hunter super, gonna miss my sexy gold revolver

2. Post
    i wanna play Warlock, just cause I like warlocks, like in WoW

3. Post
    The roaming supers look fun

4. Post
    Looks great to me though I don't think it's going to win over people who weren't overly fond of the first, it's just way too similar. It's what one expects from a big expansion pack rather than a whole new game, but I guess that's sort of the thing - they wanted a reset to the same game, rather than a true sequel

5. Post
    So is this like a fps version of Diablo? Never played the first or know much about it.

6. Post
    It's more like FPS version of WoW

7. Post

8. Post
    Embargo on press has been lifted it seems.

Strike gameplay:-

PvP:-
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 20th May 2017 at 11:14 am.

9. Post
    Just to clarify, the word 'raid' might confuse some. That's a strike, they've not released the raid details yet

10. Post
    So strike is like a WoW dungeon?

11. Post
    Ah ok, so a Strike (like the above video) is where you have a 3 man group and go into an instance dungeon where you fight mobs and bosses, these also include some platforming and sometimes puzzle solving

Raids are 6 man instanced groups which include much harder bosses and reward high level loot

12. Post
    Comprehensive "what's new" summary from Eurogamer.

Crow#Zero wrote:
    Just to clarify, the word 'raid' might confuse some. That's a strike, they've not released the raid details yet
    ...and sometimes you people call me pedantic.

13. Post
    Good video explains a lot for people who haven't played the game before

14. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

...and sometimes you people call me pedantic.
    Chill man I was trying to make it as non-asshole as possible if you weren't aware on the difference. I saw that post from mobile where it only shows 'YouTube' link rather than the full video description so I was expecting an actual raid which is a 6 player mission and considered perhaps the penultimate destiny experience.

They also keep them super secret as well, and the first raid won't be available until after d2 launch.

Even put a smiley face on it and everything half expecting your reply to be.. Well.. That.

15. Post
    So we can expect the pc release date at e3?

16. Post
    Anso wrote:
    So we can expect the pc release date at e3?
    Quite odd how they're being cagey about the date on PC....might be a ways off from Sept 8th I'm thinking...

In other news, that Strike looks like a barrel of fun: it's got quite a few more 'raidier' mechanics than current strikes IMO (if that makes sense?) - more platforming, more intensity, me likey!! I think I'm getting more sold on the 4v4 vibe of PvP too, it'll definitely make for better competitive play and Trials is 4v4 too, so that's some sweaty delights right there

My favourite thing about the reveal was honestly the Zavala cinematic at the start, building the city from the ground up, fighting off Fallen (with god tier Lord Shaxx no less!) at the battle of the 6 fronts, seeing humans getting back out of the stratosphere....the feels man, the feels

17. Post
    IST wrote:
    Quite odd how they're being cagey about the date on PC....might be a ways off from Sept 8th I'm thinking...
    I really hope its not too far off the console release date. From the interviews I've seen it sounds more like they just want to have the date set correctly from the get go and not push it out multiple times and piss people off. If it is months after console, i dont know if ill be able to wait, might have to start it on PS4 then move onto PC when it releases!

18. Post
    The fact that they also didn't allow capture of PC gameplay also doesn't bode well

19. Post
    IST wrote:

In other news, that Strike looks like a barrel of fun: it's got quite a few more 'raidier' mechanics than current strikes IMO (if that makes sense?) - more platforming, more intensity, me likey!! I think I'm getting more sold on the 4v4 vibe of PvP too, it'll definitely make for better competitive play and Trials is 4v4 too, so that's some sweaty delights right there

My favourite thing about the reveal was honestly the Zavala cinematic at the start, building the city from the ground up, fighting off Fallen (with god tier Lord Shaxx no less!) at the battle of the 6 fronts, seeing humans getting back out of the stratosphere....the feels man, the feels
    Don't forget 6 year old Amanda Holiday

20. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    The fact that they also didn't allow capture of PC gameplay also doesn't bode well
    This is a classic homage to Rockstar's (very) successful GTA 5 PC strategy IMO.

1) Release the base game to the hungry masses on console.
    2) Tease the PC centric features like FOV/60fps/Options etc.
    3) Give a PC release date a wee while off the console one (enough time to snag and hook the first wave).
    4) Become lords and/or saviors of all with 'Bungie Guardian Cross-Save!' - continue the fight on PC if you like!
    5) Release the game on PC and see half of the people who bought on PS4/X1 double up (I will, Ich Bin ein Sucker)
    6) Profit $$$$$

Cheeky kents, brilliant strategy from a business POV though...although those PC streamers who are keen might not like it and boycott perhaps.

Ramza wrote:
    Don't forget 6 year old Amanda Holiday
    Loved It!!! that scene with Zavala (soooo cute!!) then the later pickup scene hit me in the actual feels....that whole new D2 mission has me yearning even (I don't yearn often folks, ok well....maybe I yearn every now and then lol).

21. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Players said the PC game was running at medium settings and they couldn't change it, it can because bungie has not finalised the high and ultra settings

22. Post
    IST. pc streamers will not boycot it, it's a cash cow for them.

23. Post
    SoAndSo wrote:
    IST. pc streamers will not boycot it, it's a cash cow for them.
    Yeah you're no doubt right: I was just trying to see a downside of their (well my speculative guess) strategy

Really, it's the best thing they could do sales wise: I know I will double up if they do cross-save with PS4 (which leaks that were right about everything else confirmed), it'd be pretty cool to be able to switch between the two platforms and keep your progress.

Now, if they don't do cross-save....then I'd say that my dreams of a D2 multiplatform utopia are over: no time to build 2 Cabal killing empires.

24. Post
    Wouldn't that be an early head start?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

25. Post
    Anso wrote:
    Wouldn't that be an early head start?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    You raise a good point.... hmm, this requires further digging