Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17th, 2017, PC/XB1/PS4)

The campaign was written by Walt Williams writer of Spec Ops: The Line, and Mitch Dyer a former editor at IGN.

Also no season pass this time round.

So hopefully the campaign is good and isn't some 5 hour throw away thing.
    Last edited by Valeyard; 16th April 2017 at 1:06 pm.

2. Post
    No season pass is decent, hopefully it's gone for good from all DICE games. Player base was so small on PC after a couple of weeks, minuscule on the DLC's.

Still need a server browser though.

3. Post
    wont even think a twinkle about the game until a free beta/demo is out, battlefront 1 was a cheap tech demo with little substance, DICE has a lot of work to do to make this game worth a purchase

4. Post
    Beautiful looking. Wish andromeda looked this good.

Down for single player only will wait and see.

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    wont even think a twinkle about the game until a free beta/demo is out, battlefront 1 was a cheap tech demo with little substance, DICE has a lot of work to do to make this game worth a purchase
    This.

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Yep for sure man.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

7. Post
    Valeyard wrote:

Also no season pass this time round.
    I'll buy it week one if this is true. I doubt EA/Disney will not be greedy.

8. Post
    If the MP is trash again I'll just buy when it hits the bargain bins for the SP campaign. No map packs is DEFINITELY the right direction, ALL MP-focused games should be like that.

9. Post
    40 players multiplayer? Meh. What about 64 players like Battlefield.

10. Post
    I bet it's P2P connection

11. Post
    DICE doesn't use P2P for their game hosting.

12. Post
    I bought the DLC for the first game....first day...empty servers everywhere. The game just had no substance..

Will buy this one - but will def not be getting hyped up about it / will opt into a BETA just to check if its worth it.

13. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    The campaign was written by Walt Williams writer of Spec Ops: The Line, and Mitch Dyer a former editor at IGN.

14. Post
    0:31 look at the janky animations of the storm trooper running through the foliage on the left side of the screen.

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    DICE doesn't use P2P for their game hosting.
    What do the use? How come they can't do 64p servers in battlefront

16. Post
    Revias wrote:
    40 players multiplayer? Meh. What about 64 players like Battlefield.
    Don't really see the difference, 64p BF is just a total cluster, especially with so many linear maps. More players = grenade and gadget spam.

40p in Battlefront was fine. Maps weren't big enough for 64p, and aren't big enough in BF1 either. There wasn't even a conquest style mode in battlefront, 64p on supremacy? lol.
    Last edited by <N>; 16th April 2017 at 9:13 pm.

17. Post
    ludez wrote:
    What do the use?
    All of the Battlefield games use dedicated servers, as did SWF1.

How come they can't do 64p servers in battlefront
    More likely a conscious design decision for game balance. As someone said above 64p can be a clusterf*ck. For FPSes even 32 players can be spamfests on maps not designed to support those number of players.

18. Post
    If the maps are big 64p is amazing.

19. Post
    ludez wrote:
    If the maps are big 64p is amazing.

Have you played the BF1 DLC? The new maps are far too small for 64p, not even worth playing tbh.

20. Post

21. Post
    What lessons have they learnt from battlefront 1? Probably not much. I would absolutely hold out for reviews before buying.

22. Post
    Eterno wrote:
    What lessons have they learnt from battlefront 1? Probably not much. I would absolutely hold out for reviews before buying.
    hmm what? They pretty much addressed a lot of the community's grievances... season pass canned, all era's, space battles, single player, classes, loads more content now with three developers working on it. Waiting on server browser...

Just play the beta.

23. Post
    What are those epic ability upgrade/modifiers mentioned in the preorder?

24. Post
    It actually looks like DICE/EA have taken in all the feedback and rolled with a very promising looking vibe.

That's the Werewolf chick from True Blood eh? Stunning as ****, she'll make for a really cool protagonist on that Imperial revenge trip.

Love the premise for the SP, and space battles are back....sign me up Scotty.

25. Post
    While it's nice they are finally including aspects which should've been in the first game, let's not drink the kool aid too quickly.