Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Suggest an epic adventure for me.

So here's the deal GPOD.

I have plenty of funds, flexible work, cheap standby travel all over the world, and a willing girlfriend.

I've been to all seven continents, I spend on average 4 months out of the country a year travelling, and have already had a trip this month(Japan) and a trip planned in May(New Caledonia) and July(Vancouver). I'm starting to run out of interesting places to go, as you can imagine.

Name an epic, non-touristy adventure! Bonus points if it's drone friendly.

2. Post
    most places i have visited are now off limits to tourists , the world is a different place

3. Post
    A willing girlfriend is a good travel accessory.

4. Post
    Not so humble brag thread.

If you have so much money and have travelled so extensively, I'm sure you can figure it out.

5. Post
    Rent a car and travel NZ, no better adventure then that. No planning, just go with it

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

6. Post
    Go to Antarctica.

7. Post
    Go to Iceland. It's awesome. We're planning to go in a couple of years and doing a self driving tour around the country.

I've been before but only for a few days. Would recommend

8. Post
    Tormenta wrote:

If you have so much money and have travelled so extensively, I'm sure you can figure it out.
    Thinly veiled...oh yeah, what tormenta said.

Have you been to the Bermuda triangle?

9. Post
    Gore.

10. Post
    Andrewthenoob wrote:
    Go to Antarctica.
    Neongreen wrote:
    I've been to all seven continents

11. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Space, the final frontier.

12. Post
    I second Iceland! Went in winter and saw the auroura borealis but my family went in spring, also good.

13. Post
    I recently spent a while on an Island of the south coast of Cambodia called Koh Rong. It's the size of Hong Kong, has no roads, shops or **** all. It'll be rooted in probably 20 years because the Chinese have leased it for 100 years and want to chuck in an airport, shops, apartments and all sorts of wankery, worth a visit before then.

14. Post
    Tormenta wrote:

Eh I can usually dig out interesting adventures here and there, but I figured the GP hive mind is probably filled with interesting types who have been interesting places. Why reinvent the wheel. U jelly?

ludez wrote:
    Rent a car and travel NZ, no better adventure then that. No planning, just go with it
    Funnily enough this is on my list! I've covered most of the North Island, but barely touched the South so very keen to tackle that. Need to get on DoC's good side so I can take the drone out into the wilderness.

i.e.awesome wrote:
    Go to Iceland. It's awesome. We're planning to go in a couple of years and doing a self driving tour around the country.
    moz wrote:
    I second Iceland! Went in winter and saw the auroura borealis but my family went in spring, also good.
    Love Iceland too! However I could definitely go back and do more exploring as I was only in Reykjavik for a little bit. One of my favs I love Scandinavia and have spent months between Denmark and the Faroes.

bradc wrote:
    I recently spent a while on an Island of the south coast of Cambodia called Koh Rong. It's the size of Hong Kong, has no roads, shops or **** all. It'll be rooted in probably 20 years because the Chinese have leased it for 100 years and want to chuck in an airport, shops, apartments and all sorts of wankery, worth a visit before then.
    This is what I'm looking for! *Goes to research* *Adds to list*

15. Post
    Go hiking in Svalbard, introduce yrself to the wildlife.

16. Post
    Been to seven continents running out of ideas but hasn't been to SI huh. I remember when i had my first beer and made a troll thread.

17. Post
    hoe_rag wrote:
    Been to seven continents running out of ideas but hasn't been to SI huh. I remember when i had my first beer and made a troll thread.
    I remember when my high school teacher told me to go back and read what's actually been written. In a few years you'll likely have a similar experience.

18. Post
    Yeah been lightly toying around with that one! Had a few mates who did it and had a blast.

19. Post
    Neongreen wrote:
    U jelly?
    Of course. I'd be hooning across the Atacama Desert in a buggy, backpacking through South America.

20. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Of course. I'd be hooning across the Atacama Desert in a buggy, backpacking through South America.
    Been to the Atacama desert, done some backpacking through Chile and Argentina. South America isnt as interesting as Central America tbh.

21. Post
    Neongreen wrote:
    This is what I'm looking for! *Goes to research* *Adds to list*
    If you're after places with few tourists, Koh Rong Samloen is better than Koh Rong. Come asap though, has changed even in the past year.

22. Post
    North korea . I'm planning a trip there in Oct. Just have a Google there are a few sites that do tours. Also out of curiosity what's your job?

23. Post
    Or could do the Gumball rally. Bit more upper class, but possibly less "interesting"

24. Post
    Or even better, the Shitbox Rally, which conveniently does a route around the South Island this year.

https://www.shitboxrally.co.nz/