Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Maldives before it sinks. Also great barrier reef drive trip before that disappears too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Post
    Neongreen wrote:
    Funnily enough this is on my list! I've covered most of the North Island, but barely touched the South so very keen to tackle that. Need to get on DoC's good side so I can take the drone out into the wilderness.
    I'd go for this one since you've been around overseas.

Fly to Christchurch, rent a car and drive down to Queenstown/Milford Sound, over Haast Pass, up the West Coast past the glaciers, over Lewis Pass to Hanmer Springs and Kaikoura and back to Chch. You can flashpack this in 2 weeks for not too much and there's lots of stuff to do and plenty of nice places to stay along the way.

You can stretch it a bit by going to Dunedin, Invercargill, Bluff, Wanaka etc also along the way.

3. Post
    We went around the South Island (flying in and out of chch, clockwise right around the island) in 9 days I think. It was a bit of a stretch, there are places i would have liked to stay longer and places I could have gone without (invercargill)

4. Post
    Yeah we're toying with tackling it in the summer. Will be skiing in Queenstown a bunch of times this winter too!

5. Post
    I've spent of the past 2 months trekking, snow climbing and snow boarding around the Himalayas in Northern India. Would definitely recommend that if you want something remote and out of the way.

I trekked with someone who took his drone with him everywhere (carried in this backpack). He's got some amazing footage.