1. Post

Final Fantasy TCG

Not sure if this is the right subforum.

The game is picking up a bit here in Auckland and there is also a scene down in Christchurch.

In case if you haven't heard of the game, or already play the game but don't know where some organised groups play at, come along to these

Tuesday - King of Cards at Queens Arcade : 5PM onwards. Doors will be locked, just call the shop for entry.
    Wednesday - Hobbymaster at Ellerslie : 630PM start (Vincent promos)
    Thursday - Spellbound Games at Aviemore Drive : 6PM onwards (Sephiroth promos)

2. Post
    Wow! didn't know this existed. How many cards are there?

3. Post
    There are currently two sets out! They are called Opus 1 and Opus 2. Each set is about 180 cards.

Opus 3 is releasing around July. Opus 4 is confirmed.

The game is much more accessible now. You can get them from EB Games or Mightyape. And also the hobby shops I have mentioned.

edit: here are the card lists

https://fftcg.cdn.sqexeu.com/files/d...ftcg-opus1.pdf

https://fftcg.cdn.sqexeu.com/files/d...ftcg-opus2.pdf

4. Post

My wallet.

5. Post
    Hey mate

I just brought a couple of starter packs and a couple of boosters for me and the wife to play. How many y boosters am I looking at for a ok deck to play with?

6. Post
    DaRk-ToUcH wrote:
    Hey mate

I just brought a couple of starter packs and a couple of boosters for me and the wife to play. How many y boosters am I looking at for a ok deck to play with?
    Nice ! The starter decks are actually a good base to improve on. You are probably looking into close to a box of boosters pack (36) to have enough cards to start tinkering.

The cheaper way is to buy singles if you definitely know what cards you need. Otherwise buying booster packs will be the better way to expand on your collection of cards.

From my experience if you are looking to have nearly a playset of each card (3 each), then its about 2-3 boxes on each set. Then you can trade/sell to get the other remaining cards.

Another thing to note is that starter cards is only from buying starter packs.

7. Post
    RaiNing wrote:
    Nice ! The starter decks are actually a good base to improve on. You are probably looking into close to a box of boosters pack (36) to have enough cards to start tinkering.

The cheaper way is to buy singles if you definitely know what cards you need. Otherwise buying booster packs will be the better way to expand on your collection of cards.

From my experience if you are looking to have nearly a playset of each card (3 each), then its about 2-3 boxes on each set. Then you can trade/sell to get the other remaining cards.

Another thing to note is that starter cards is only from buying starter packs.
    Man that is alot of boosters at 210 ish a box?? Do you mind me asking how much you have spent on cards?

8. Post
    DaRk-ToUcH wrote:
    Man that is alot of boosters at 210 ish a box?? Do you mind me asking how much you have spent on cards?
    Yeah boxes would be around low $200s NZD if you get them outside of NZ. I've spent at least 1500 on 4 boxes and single card orders because I wanted at least 2-3 copies of each card. Theres no reason to spend that much unless you wanted to collect.

9. Post
    Can you buy whole sets?

10. Post
    Whole sets are uncommon, if you find someone to sell in the market place (ebay, facebook groups etc). I've seen a webstore that had it, but its sold out.

edit: heres a list of some web stores - http://fftcg.boards.net/thread/41/pl...singles-online
    Last edited by RaiNing; 19th May 2017 at 2:55 pm.