Results 1 to 15 of 15

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    I don't understand this need to make UI look like the guys at Fisher Price made them... First ME:A and now this...

    Also, I doubt this will go anywhere on PC, not with Warframe being F2P and FAR FAR better looking. The only reason I am tempted to buy this is for Nathan Fillion. That is basically the only thing this game has going for it right now...

  3. Post
    #3
    I think this will do well on PC. People wanted Borderlands 3 and got Battleborn...... I think this should fill that void for a while.

  4. Post
    #4
    yeah i doubt warframe is going to stand in the way, who even plays that

  5. Post
    #5
    I'm not a big fan of Destiny myself but even I wouldn't compare it to Warframe, who are you kidding.

  6. Post
    #6
    SirGrim wrote:
    yeah i doubt warframe is going to stand in the way, who even plays that
    I do for a start. If you have not, then your missing out.It has a steadily growing player base. They are constantly talking to there community, via dev streams and forms.

    Viilai wrote:
    I'm not a big fan of Destiny myself but even I wouldn't compare it to Warframe, who are you kidding.
    In terms of co-op shooters, Warframe out strips Destiny by a mile, IMO.

  7. Post
    #7
    Jagji56 wrote:
    I do for a start. If you have not, then your missing out.It has a steadily growing player base. They are constantly talking to there community, via dev streams and forms.



    In terms of co-op shooters, Warframe out strips Destiny by a mile, IMO.
    No it doesn't. And no one's missing out. We all know what it is and are happy to not play it, thanks though.

  8. Post
    #8
    Warframe is a bag of F2P dicks where you have to buy the bag first before you can fill it with dicks. I was impressed with it at first at how many dicks you could put in your bag but stopped and thought - what the hell am I actually supposed to do with this bag of dicks?

  9. Post
    #9
    Rii wrote:
    Warframe is a bag of F2P dicks where you have to buy the bag first before you can fill it with dicks. I was impressed with it at first at how many dicks you could put in your bag but stopped and thought - what the hell am I actually supposed to do with this bag of dicks?
    This is actually surprisingly accurate.

  10. Post
    #10
    Warfare has been on ps4 for ages but guess how many of my 60 ps4 friends play it? A fat 0

  11. Post
    #11
    I assume Destiny 2 will have free roaming aspects like the first one, has there been any comment on that yet? The only gameplay shown has been of missions / strikes / raids or whatever. (Note, I have not played the first Destiny).

  12. Post
    #12
    papes wrote:
    I assume Destiny 2 will have free roaming aspects like the first one, has there been any comment on that yet? The only gameplay shown has been of missions / strikes / raids or whatever. (Note, I have not played the first Destiny).
    In Destiny 1 the free roam mode is called 'patrol' and it was great to smash out bounties, explore, rather materials for tedious quests (ok that part sucked), trigger mini-quests and objectives, and the areas seemed big at first but once you'd done a few loops you'd kinda sussed the whole thing out.

    Of all of the common conventions listed so far in d2 (missions, strikes, a raid and pvp) the free roaming is by far the most exciting for me. They say that public events (in destiny 1 these were 'random' but actually easily predicted by the times that they would occur.. there's even a 3rd party site that shows you where they will be and a countdown to get there) will show up on the map now, plus there will be dungeons to explore, with bosses and loot, treasure maps etc, It's nothing new to games as a whole but I'm totally pumped to have this ported into the Destiny universe.

    And you are correct the only gameplay has been missions + strikes, I don't think there's been any real juicy free roam stuff other than snippets describing the new direction.

  13. Post
    #13
    That was certainly a problem with the 'free roam' stuff in D1, it wasn't really based around having a big map to explore and do whatever in, it was kinda on-rails in a weird way - you just followed the little icons and did what you had to do and then left

    They made it a bit better with TTK and ROI, the patrol areas had a bit more shit going on, more stuff to jump into and spice up your bounty session, but the lack of a proper world-map and some way to port into different areas always tired me out a bit

    It's one of many things in the game that sorta made it MMO-lite, so I'm glad they're going a bit further down that rabbit hole (but obviously not too far, based on what we've seen)

  14. Post
    #14
    Skorky wrote:
    That was certainly a problem with the 'free roam' stuff in D1, it wasn't really based around having a big map to explore and do whatever in, it was kinda on-rails in a weird way - you just followed the little icons and did what you had to do and then left

    They made it a bit better with TTK and ROI, the patrol areas had a bit more shit going on, more stuff to jump into and spice up your bounty session, but the lack of a proper world-map and some way to port into different areas always tired me out a bit
    Absolutely. Destiny could have done well with more sandbox type elements too.

  15. Post
    #15
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    In Destiny 1 the free roam mode is called 'patrol' and it was great to smash out bounties, explore, rather materials for tedious quests (ok that part sucked), trigger mini-quests and objectives, and the areas seemed big at first but once you'd done a few loops you'd kinda sussed the whole thing out.

    Of all of the common conventions listed so far in d2 (missions, strikes, a raid and pvp) the free roaming is by far the most exciting for me. They say that public events (in destiny 1 these were 'random' but actually easily predicted by the times that they would occur.. there's even a 3rd party site that shows you where they will be and a countdown to get there) will show up on the map now, plus there will be dungeons to explore, with bosses and loot, treasure maps etc, It's nothing new to games as a whole but I'm totally pumped to have this ported into the Destiny universe.

    And you are correct the only gameplay has been missions + strikes, I don't think there's been any real juicy free roam stuff other than snippets describing the new direction.
    Fantastic reply, thank you. Really filled in some of the blanks for me. I'm so down for Destiny 2, hopefully we get a specs list soon so I know whether to upgrade or not.