1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    If he's going to tone-down the colourful graphics, here's hoping he doesn't go full shades-of-brown GoW on it.

3. Post
    Following CliffyB on twitter makes me constantly shake my head. The guy has no concept of self-awareness, and I think that carries over into his games.

4. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Following CliffyB on twitter makes me constantly shake my head. The guy has no concept of self-awareness, and I think that carries over into his games.
    What does this even mean?

5. Post
    Most dumb shooters are able to have a bit of self-referential humour (i.e. Doom) because they know they are dumb shooters. CliffyB's games do not. They seem to play it straight. I think that makes them boring.

If you have followed him at all, he is supremely tone deaf so it's not that surprising.

LawBreakers looks very average for what it is worth.

6. Post
    I suppose? It doesn't look overly serious or overly dumb, but whatever, to each their own.

I reckon it looks rather good, certainly better than any of the other similar shooters that have come out since Overwatch.

7. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Most dumb shooters are able to have a bit of self-referential humour (i.e. Doom) because they know they are dumb shooters. CliffyB's games do not.
    Man, I don't know how you can say that about Gears or Unreal. In my eyes they are very aware of how ridiculous they are. They are so over the top and silly, I can't imagine they were made with a straight face. You're welcome to find them boring of course, but from what you've written here, your opinion seems pretty coloured by your dislike of Cliffy B as a person.

I don't wanna tell you how to live your life, but if following someone on Twitter makes you "constantly shake your head", perhaps you should consider unfollowing them? Life's too short, man

8. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    Man, I don't know how you can say that about Gears or Unreal. In my eyes they are very aware of how ridiculous they are. They are so over the top and silly, I can't imagine they were made with a straight face. You're welcome to find them boring of course, but from what you've written here, your opinion seems pretty coloured by your dislike of Cliffy B as a person.
    Agreed. Of course games with characters who look like they've dosed to the gills on steroids and testosterone supplements, while spouting cheesy one-liners like "more like TEN shitloads!" have the tongue firmly placed in cheek. Coletrain is the epitome of this:- a jive-talking, space football star turned special forces marine FFS.