1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    "We've done it in the past… Unfortunately it's a commercial discussion between ourselves and other stakeholders, and I'm not going to get into the detail of that on this particular instance. And I can see your eyes rolling."
    "We wanted someone to pay us to do it and nobody would"

3. Post
    Jim Ryan wrote:
    "Minecraft – the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it's all ages but it's also very young. We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe.

"Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it's something we have to think about very carefully."
    DUDE YOU WENT FULL NINTENDO

hell do you work for nintendo? cause this is something they'd seriously say and even THEY are all good with cross-play how is this gonna work with Dragon Quest X on the way? cause thats an mmo thats going to be on pc/ps/nintendo.

4. Post
    This sentence gave me a headache :

"Ryan simply replied that Sony wasn't in currently talks to allow the feature"

Should say "In talks currently"?

5. Post
    Weak.

TBH the arguments against cross-platforming are getting weaker every day as technology improves.

The only argument that made sense to me was keeping players on identical hardware and controllers to remove any possibility of an unfair advantage.

Aaaand now Microsoft has 3 different Xbox Ones not to mention multiple options available for an upgraded, improved controller with added functionality over the standard controller. The console playerbase has been intentionally split along hardware lines with the current generation - the ship has sailed.

I don't really see how this is any different than someone with a standard PC playing against someone with a beast of a rig, 144hz gaming monitor and gaming mouse/keyboard etc.

6. Post
    are sony getting big headed again? "we're winning, why should we let everyone else join the party?"

didn't go so well for them 10 years ago, but they managed to turn it around.

7. Post
    I thinking people are looking into a bit to much.