1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    An 8 out of 10 with a comment like this really exudes confidence

If you put the game down after a couple of matches and never come back to it,

3. Post
    Coward wrote:
    An 8 out of 10 with a comment like this really exudes confidence
    Hey mate, that's not the full sentence, which is:
    If you put the game down after a couple of matches and never come back to it, you'll probably never realise that hidden beneath the simplistic gameplay of Arms is a fighting system that is as deep as it is enjoyable.
    The idea of the sentence is to touch on the fact that the game has a deep gameplay system that can't be fully understood after just a few matches. It's akin to if you play a few races of Mario Kart and don't realise the level of complexity that runs underneath (drifting's importance, holding items behind you, boost jumps etc). It's something Nintendo does very regularly with their games.
    Last edited by lemuriacalling; 15th June 2017 at 1:40 am.

4. Post
    Looking forward to this, mainly to play with my 5yo son who is amped for it. We played the test-punch (beta) trials and were impressed with the motion controls but we found the online battles a bit frantic to really test each arm and ability. For the most part Mr 5 used the joy cons for motion control and I used the pro-controller.

It was actually a toss up between this or Splatoon 2 that releases next month but S2 doesn't support split screen so chose Arms.

Only thing that bugged me was the grab-spamming. I guess I just need more time to figure out decent coutners.

5. Post
    really loved the beta, very enjoyable game, super casual but also enough depth to get good and dominate the playing field.

6. Post
    I watched a live tournament before on the Nintendo direct. Some of it was a bit spammy, lots of grabs and stuff, some of the new players beat the more seasoned (though the game isn't out yet so I dunno how they came to this conclusion)

Anyways the guy that won got to battle the creator of the game. It was insane. Unsurprisingly the games creator Mr Yabuki was the winner but the skill and techniques displayed showed that there really is a deeper level of play that I've not seen before. Will be really interesting to see how players develop skills and techniques over the coming months.