1. Yelling

Changes @ Graphic Novel Cafe

As of Tuesday this week, Graphic Novel Cafe here in Auckland has started stocking JAPANESE ARTBOOKS & ASSOCIATED MERCHANDISE!!!

Ayup

Those rare, hard to find, EXPENSIVE artbooks that you always wanted, are now easily available

All you have to do is give Sung & Lee the ISBN & name and they can order it direct from Japan!!!
    Or browse through the stock that they have in shop (going FAST though but they'll be restocking weekly at this rate)

I'm happy
    Are you???

p.s. Nork, they had Sakura Taisen artbooks!!!

2. Cool
    Operative word being "had". There were a lot more on those shelves before the AAC decided to visit GNC en masse after the Tuesday meeting. After that, well.... It was almost evil the way those artbooks flew off the shelf two or three books at a time.

3. Post
    Heheh welcome back to New Zealand Omahdon!!! (hope you're turning up to the Love Hina marathon tomorrow @ Xaviers!)

And yes *sigh* HAD... I can't believe you guys didn't TELL me! *sulks*

But thats ok, I made even Keichi choke what with the amount of stuff I bought yesterday

I might go back there today and pick up one of those Chobit keyrings... they were so cute!

4. Post
    I *knew* I should ahve headed that way after Nausicaa...

bah, I would have been bankrupted ><

5. Yelling
    Originally posted by ~scorpio{
    I *knew* I should ahve headed that way after Nausicaa...

bah, I would have been bankrupted ><
    Hehehe yes like me
    But it was well worth it.

I really REALLY like the idea how you can give them the ISBN of the book you want and they can try get it in... not too sure if it was you or not, but who ever wanted the Berserk artbooks, they can get those in too

Also got this cool shitakiji (pencilboard) from Card Captor Sakura (they had two and EB n I nabbled them both!!!)

I'd recommend going anyways just to see whats left

6. Post
    You know what zeb? I WAS GOING TO MAKE A TOPIC ABOUT THIS LAST WEDNESDAY, but then I decided to wait till you said something.

Originally I thought he was going to do the same thing he was doing with the Garphic Novels and had my doubts they were for sale. So I asked him what he was planning to do with them and sure enough THEY WERE FOR SALE. What I didn't know was that you can order through him. I am soooo ordering some artbooks next week, yahoo!

What source do they order from?

7. Sad
    Originally posted by Ashen Shugar
    You know what zeb? I WAS GOING TO MAKE A TOPIC ABOUT THIS LAST WEDNESDAY, but then I decided to wait till you said something.
    Ummm... if you knew, why didn't you say anything??

You don't need my permission to say stuff like this you know? ^_^;

If I had known in advance *grins* I would have nabbled more of the good stuff in advance.

8. Post
    Ummm... if you knew, why didn't you say anything??
    I didn't feel like it... sorry. All the topics I post here get one or two replys, 'is that so', 'good for you', and end up somewhere forgotten, lost in the deep abyiss. So I left it up to you.

Hmph, who said I needed your permission.

9. Post
    Originally posted by Ashen Shugar

Hmph, who said I needed your permission.
    Good on ya

10. Post
    Um... thanks.

Now, I must get hold of that JoJos Bizarre Adventure Illistration book which caught my eye!

It looks like I will be happily broke for some time now...

11. Post
    Originally posted by Zeb
    p.s. Nork, they had Sakura Taisen artbooks!!!
    Better not, considering I'm picking up the last 2 volumes of Lain off you, and the fact I got hit with too much anime this week, it doesn't look promising for my bill coming up.

12. Wink
    For people who don't know the first place to start re: artbooks and whats available for their favourite series, go to Stuart's Artbook Reviews @ http://www.jingoro.demon.co.uk/frame.htm

It lists book by both series, and artists... and with over 200 to choose from, you're bound to find something that will interest you

Just remember to ensure that you are getting the ISBN & details for the JAPANESE version of a book (this site states whether it's non-Japanese) as GNC can only order Japanese stuff

13. Post
    I was wondering....... where exactly is this Graphic Novel Cafe? I may have to visit it someday.

14. Post
    Originally posted by Iisuu
    I was wondering....... where exactly is this Graphic Novel Cafe? I may have to visit it someday.
    Details can be found @ www.graphicnovelcafe.co.nz