1. Post
    Holy hard out game batman!

Comming home from an extremely nasty weekend of work, I jumped into the TS channel to relax and catch the finals game. DAM MAN I DONT THINK I RELAXED FOR ONE SECOND!

Sounded like a hard out very intense well played match! fitting for the final game fure sure.

wtf. NICE got to say it again NICE!!

{IPT} well played guys! SOLID play had the boys realling at times, good to have such a hard fight in the finals.

DNA, SS, NT, 101, PWH, NZAF, NV, IPT, WTF dam fine season people, was well worth the time invested to play with this game in our little comunity!

WELL DONE, EVERYONE!

Cheers to the MGL orginisation team, and the admins, without you we would not have a comp to play in

Looking forward to MGL 3 should be a blast.

wtf. Quadrim

2. Post
    Hey guys.

I do realise that it's cool to be a good winner, show sportsmanship and such...but this whole thread kinda reminds me of The Emperor's New Clothes.

It's very clear from the score that this was not a close game. It was in fact a complete and utter CANING by WtF. Yet most of the posts here seem to be pretending that it was a hard won battle and both sides were evenly matched. There's a difference between being a good sport and just talking shit to make the other guy feel better.

Just thought it was time someone admitted that, later.

3. Post
    Originally posted by <AVA> Supernova
    Hey guys.

I do realise that it's cool to be a good winner, show sportsmanship and such...but this whole thread kinda reminds me of The Emperor's New Clothes.

It's very clear from the score that this was not a close game. It was in fact a complete and utter CANING by WtF. Yet most of the posts here seem to be pretending that it was a hard won battle and both sides were evenly matched. There's a difference between being a good sport and just talking shit to make the other guy feel better.

Well, you're wrong. End.

4. Post
    riiight

where did this guy come from

Aussie?

/me scats on new comer for being so tardish

5. Post
    maybe the score doesnt reflect the game??

we werent going for a slow drawn out win, we went for their throat and tried to leave them without spawnpoints.

6. Post
    You're wrong

From the perspective of someone who got to see the match first hand, I need to be the first to slap you upside the head and tell you to stfu and listen.

First, the scores: First round was 66 - 0 to WTF. That's pretty close, especially considering that WTF were the allies and faced the possibility (one at least ONE occaision) where IPT had entirely capped them out without the possibility of spawning and managed to get back from that predicament with JUST the soldiers that they had remaining on the battlefield.

Second round was 101 - 0 to WTF. This was because they DID manage to cap out the IPT defenders and eliminate them all before they could retake the flags.

THEN, consider that both sides started with 262 tickets. Even getting down to 101 tickets is a mission. Without ticket loss though not controlling the flags, that's 161 deaths.

You should really take a look at the footage of the game: the battles were TOE-TO-TOE. There was NO complacency, no 'waiting for the enemy to attack'. The game was full on action from word go. Even as a bystander I got quite tense over the match.

A caning on Wake would have WTF with 300 - 0, not 161 - 0. IPT performed incredibly well and fought fiercely.

Shut up.
    Go away.
    Don't be a noob again.

7. Post
    word to that brother!

8. Post
    My 2c

Incredible second round, even tho i didnt find myself playing a pivotal role - it was my fav and included the most intense BF moment, all of wtf. sitting on the destroyer. Im sure everyone had thoughts in the back of their mind "oh shit, we have no flags and we're stuck on the destroyer".

Luse, that was me on the other MG, and sheesh it was frantic - planes flying all over and all i hear is my MG going spaz then snows as the plane flies over. Fun+.

GG IPT, you definately let loose J's stressed-out evil side (hes so hideous! )

9. Post
    LOL, seeing ALL of WTF spawn on the back end of the desty was classic... and I NEVER in a million years thought I'd see a WTF LC fully laden wear 100lbs of explosives. I got a screenie of that one with the sole survivor, Rex Havoc, slinking off towards the landing beach as the LC erupts in flame and concussion behind him.

10. Post
    Originally posted by E!B
    LOL, seeing ALL of WTF spawn on the back end of the desty was classic... and I NEVER in a million years thought I'd see a WTF LC fully laden wear 100lbs of explosives. I got a screenie of that one with the sole survivor, Rex Havoc, slinking off towards the landing beach as the LC erupts in flame and concussion behind him.
    Heh I think they all spawned as engineers too, a row of spanners working to keep my destroyer alive

11. Post
    Video footage went fine apparently, the movie should be up on the realm in a couple of days. Spudniks got 2 x 1.6 GB video files to edit and compress first however

12. Post
    heh sounds like a good game pld by all.

my humblest congrats to wtf for taking out the season. in the end it was well deserved.

big thanks to the admins for keeping everything running smoothly - its my opinion that the most well run comps are the ones where the players dont get to see the major hiccups/frantic bustling of organisers/admins that goes on in the background. from a player/team caps pov - it was a very well run and smooth competition.

rumor, ld - youd both better be back next season - with that extra experience under your belts - next season should be a breeze for all.

well pld all teams - each and every single game i played i thouroughly enjoyed and i think everyone here will be thinking the same thing.

to my team - i doubt very much if theres a team here that has more grit (although it sounds like wtf put on a mighty fine display in the finals) than you guys and that attitude even made the few rounds we did lose just fine in my books.

again big congrats to wtf and well done ipt for giving them a good run for their money in the finals.

looking forward to the vid now

- divx on jsg on the cards for us spudnik??

13. Post
    Originally posted by SASQ
    congrats wtf, but ur clan tags "wtf. - MGL BF Champs" are a bit over the top

they walked the walk

now they get to talk the talk

14. Post
    changes tag to "{NT} - MGL2 wooden spooners"

hehehe

15. Post
    Hey guys.

Hahahaha nothing like a know nothing tard trolling for a bite.

And emperors new clothes??? are wtf. naked now???

next time your in the MGL finals Supernova, you make sure you have your say about close games

16. Post
    Originally posted by Druss Masada
    looking forward to the vid now

- divx on jsg on the cards for us spudnik??
    nar mate 3Gb of download from me 56k modem
    one at a time please, be patent.

jk
    yep will be chopping away till the small hours tonight and they should come out to be around the 3-400Mb range each (first and second half filmed seperatly) so will start of on the first half and get that up then the second

And as far as it being a whipping
    Nothing could be more wrong!!!
    It was a bloody tight fight and i got whiplash a few times trying to catch all the action.

Great game by both sides and there where times when it could have very ezerly gone ether way.

and yes all of wtf on the back of the destroyer is on film along with a few other "moments" by both sides

17. Post
    Please tell us it's not going to be a .WMV SpudNik...? *begs*

18. Post
    ya. PLEASE SAY DIVX!!!! File size does not matter really (freerealm!) but quality helps a great deal for little things like making out the players names...!

19. Post
    Good call! Go the DivX, spud!

20. Post
    Originally posted by Moonij
    And emperors new clothes??? are wtf. naked now???
    You ****ing wish

21. Post
    Hey guys.

EHHHHHH WRONG.
    Both rounds were very hard fought nailbiters & everyone on either team plus the admins & E!B & Spudnik would confirm that. There was no slacking off (don't talk to me about MY carrier going down) from either side and it was a cracker from go to whoa.

22. Post
    Originally posted by HerrWolf

GG IPT, you definately let loose J's stressed-out evil side (hes so hideous! )
    HAHAHHA the look on J's face when wtf only had a destroyer left would have been priceless

23. Post
    /me goes back in time and sabotages wtfs destroyer

24. Post
    IIRC it was "SPAWN ON THE DESTROYER AND REPAIR IT!!" (or something to that effect, I think our entire teamspeak session was actually recorded)

25. Post
    Hey guys.

Aaah, 'tis one of my desiples!

That was a good attempt, but you are not a jedi yet