Results 9,401 to 9,415 of 9415

1. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	226742

Needed a new daily and something that's not shit to drive on long trips, so got a auto wrx because practical.

Also, long time no see motherfiretruckers!

2. Post
    What year is that? Must of be one of the last ones made that had respectable styling before they went to all tacky.

3. Post

Never thought I would own a WRX *and* really like it.

Name:	r33.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	226755

Still got this old pile of crap kicking around as well.

4. Post
    Wow.
    A relic from the past.
    I still have my 33 too, and another one lol.
    You ever get round to installing that plenum on yours?

5. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    Wow.
    A relic from the past.
    I still have my 33 too, and another one lol.
    You ever get round to installing that plenum on yours?
    Hey dude good to see you're still around. You can never have too many R33's Tidy ones seem to be quite a rarity these days.

That plenum went on years ago and is still there. I haven't really done too much with the car as far as mechanical mods go, but it had a whole lot of rust repairs and a bit of a cosmetic birthday about two years ago.

I've owned that thing for about 15 years now so don't think I could ever bring myself to get rid of it.

6. Post
    :d

Name:	images (1).jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	226777
    Last edited by teacup; 20th July 2019 at 9:57 am.

7. Post
    Have just purchased a 2015 Holden Commodore ssv redline but don’t pick it up till Saturday

8. Post
    Took it out for the first time in almost a year

Name:	masterton-1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	226993

Name:	IMG_20190806_171832_675.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	226994

9. Post
    Finished work a bit early today so went an had a run through of the car. Gets tinted tomorrow then I pick up on saturday

10. Post
    had a bit of down time at work yesterday so refitted the brake baffles and engine tray.

11. Post
    What's a Porsche like to work on? My dream car is a 944 turbo in white.

12. Post
    I imagine very easy being RWD 4 cyl

Ticked over 290,000km and i eventually lowered it after nearly 6 years of ownership.

Name:	20190818_160709.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	608.1 KB 
ID:	227052

13. Post
    Picked up a Blit Mark II wagon on Friday night, first Toyota/1jz I've ever owned. Liking it, has cool stuff like heated mirrors that I wouldn't expect an older jap to come with.

Just missing cruise control but looks like that's a plug and play install, there is even a marking to hollow out on the steering column to install the cruise control stalk.

14. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Picked up a Blit Mark II wagon on Friday night, first Toyota/1jz I've ever owned. Liking it, has cool stuff like heated mirrors that I wouldn't expect an older jap to come with.

Just missing cruise control but looks like that's a plug and play install, there is even a marking to hollow out on the steering column to install the cruise control stalk.

I've always like those wagons. Almost got one myself.

15. Post
    ludez wrote:
    What's a Porsche like to work on? My dream car is a 944 turbo in white.
    They're pretty good. Tech is classic 80's. Elements are over engineered, some stuff is prone to break with age or abuse like any car. My car suffers for old brittle plastics and a UV cracked dash. The packaging with the turbo is the biggest downside. The turbo sits under a heatshield under the brake booster and intake manifold with a cross pipe to the external wastegate and exhaust side of the engine. It limits the size of turbo upgrades but there's ways around it. They are pretty easy to get power from but its not as cheap or off the shelf as modifying a subbie or evo.

With modern tuning it doesn't seem to be hard to daily 300-350 rwhp in them. The US is the best place or genuine or aftermarket parts and bolt ons. They have a strong megasquirt3 community and a fully dressed turbo engine is the same weight as a fully dressed LS# V8, for which there is also a strong community and LS# install kits for. Right now a popular repowers are LS1, the VW 1.8 turbo motor and a kit is about to come out for the audi 07K turbo engine. In a car weighing 1300 kg = rwd fun. Mine is 1275 kg with the 240hp 968 engine, drivetrain and bigger wheels, suspension and brakes. That's is only 70kg heavier than when it was 160hp with the old engine and it's a way different car.

The '86 is a good year to get, same with the '88 Turbo S and then any special models like the silver rose 944 turbos, but that's if you're into them as an investment. The '86 had a bit of money thrown at them- forged rods, piston squirters, etc that the accountants scrapped in later models. The '86 was also pre-ABS so early offset fuchs are a big ticket item for many people. The '87 was ABS offset whether it was specced with ABS or not. The '87 was also available with airbags but unlikely to get them in NZ cars, most common on Jap imports. The good thing about the '87 and newer cars is they were the same offsets as the 964 911's and newer so you could throw on 997 19" wheels if they were are a decent offset. Can't do that with the early cars. It's relatively easy to better Turbo S power on earlier Turbo cars. '89 and newer Turbos are the same spec as the 250 hp Turbo S, the just dropped the 'S' part from the name, but for some reason the S is more highly regarded.

Options to get are LSD, sports seats, sports package (HD suspension and 928 brakes) and if later model then also the 10 speaker option, split rear seats and the rare as hens teeth full leather interior. Some people like the deleted options, like no sunroof like my car, deleted headlight washers, foglights, manual seats, manual mirrors, rear wiper, etc. All for less complication, old electrics, less weight, cleaner lines.

80% of 944's in NZ are known to the community in some way or another, unless its been hidden or is a fresh import. Some real low mileage, original, excellent condition collectors cars have been been getting 50-80k USD on bringatrailer. Notable/celebrity Porsche collectors like Jerry Seinfeld and Magnus Walker have been buying examples in the last 6 months so people have been pricing less tidy, higher mileage and modified cars well above what they are worth, like a few on TM right now. Last year there were two white '86 Turbos that couldn't sell for high $20k's NZD but they were high km and/or modified. NZs 944 market isn't good enough for that. They were high teens, low 20s cars. A 6 spd manual 968 cab just sold for under $14k. it was a bit untidy with a bad respray, but the engine is worth $4k USD and the 6 spd $1500 USD alone. Same brakes and suspension as the 944 Turbo and S2.

TLDR, probably more than you asked for!