What anime are you currently watching thread.

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)

1. Post
    Ghostunit wrote:
    Anyone else watching Black Lagoon: second barrage ?

Man i'm loving it!
    So old now :P

Yeah.. The twins arc was awesome though...

2. Post
    yea the twins bit i thought was the peak of the series

3. Post
    Finishing GS Destiny, what a mission.

4. Post
    Holy crap i just finished watching Paradise Kiss and i cant believe no1 recommended this series earlier - actually saw it on tv a while back and got hooked. It is really a well rounded short romance drama series with depth and realism making it very enjoyable to watch

5. Post
    now watch nana, same author

6. Post
    absorb wrote:
    Holy crap i just finished watching Paradise Kiss and i cant believe no1 recommended this series earlier - actually saw it on tv a while back and got hooked. It is really a well rounded short romance drama series with depth and realism making it very enjoyable to watch
    Well since you guys are into "manly" shows like Naruto/Bleach etc... who knew something like a women's romance drama would be so engaging.
    And yes, check out Nana as well.

7. Post
    Reruns of Avatar

8. Post
    i jus finished scrapped princess lastnite n it was quite fun realllyyyy good animation quality studio bone

9. Post
    well what defines girly anime? in my opinion the likes of 'girly' are ichigo 100%, shuffle, kaleido star, mai hime/otome/zwei, kanon and they tend to have cutesy drawing. Some of them fall short of interesting probably bcos too slow paced. Im at like eps 5 of kanon and i don see anything much building up yet, except ayu goin "fugu~"
    ^o ya din u feel that scrapped princess had that matrix vibe :P

10. Post
    absorb wrote:
    yea how they pulled another rah xephon in there was still good thou yea some of those anime u mentioned r really slow pace n doesn't build up to anything lol

11. Post
    absorb wrote:
    well what defines girly anime? in my opinion the likes of 'girly' are ichigo 100%, shuffle, kaleido star, mai hime/otome/zwei, kanon and they tend to have cutesy drawing. Some of them fall short of interesting probably bcos too slow paced. Im at like eps 5 of kanon and i don see anything much building up yet, except ayu goin "fugu~"
    Ichigo 100%, Shuffle, Mai/Hime/Otome and Kanon are definitely not 'girly' as they are drawn that way to make men go watch it (and to sell a few more merchandise). Not to mention the male lead is a dork half the time.

If it was a 'girly' show, you will have plenty of pretty looking boys who flounder their pretty looks but in secret they are either interested in the other pretty boy or that plain looking girl (but really, she is far more beautiful than the whole lot). Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge is a prime example of a 'girly' show. It's just that the director of Excel Saga emphasized the comedy more. Ouran High School is another very good example. Of course that's only the tip of it. Once you've seen enough 'girly' shows, you'll see that the romance and drama (with a bit of angst) is often told from the 'girls' perspective.

As for Kaleido Star, that's really a mix bag as it doesn't really have a specific target audience, though the director is king in creating Magical Girl shows.

12. Post
    NHK ni Youkoso!
    hey i heard this title is wsome as, can anyone comment on it

13. Post
    great start, weak finish thou

14. Post
    Noooooooo Kanon is over!

I'm watching:

Kenichi
    Bleach
    Negima!?
    Tokimemo
    Nodame
    Busou Renkin
    Venus Versus Virus
    Manabi Straight

15. Post
    i'm currently watching;

Aquarion
    Basilisk
    Bleach
    Busou Renkin
    Code Geass
    Death note
    Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoah
    Nana
    Naruto: Shippuuden!

16. Post
    Shinken wrote:
    great start, weak finish thou
    fully agree

17. Post
    2 new ones to check out are:

Reideen = Mecha
    Moonlight Mile = Drama/Adventure (Kinda reminds me of Planetes)

Have seen both the first eps and will continue... They are worth starting and seeing how they go IMO.

18. Post
    ^ i did'nt notice new ones at all! thx for the quick review

19. Post
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

Nodame Cantabile
    Nagasarete Airantou
    Idol Master -Xenoglassia-
    Claymore
    Hitohira
    Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
    Seto no Hanayome
    GeGeGe no Kitarou
    Kono Aozorani Yakusoku wo
    Seirei no Moribito

I stopped watching Bleach and Gintama, since the manga for both is so far ahead of the anime, and I find the manga alot more enjoyable for these two compared to the animated series.

20. Post
    currently watching;

bleach
    deathnote
    naruto shippudden
    claymore
    kiba

just finished busou renkin and kanon

21. Post
    just started watching berserk for a 3rd time

22. Post
    Just started: