What anime are you currently watching thread.

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)

1. Post
    Because watching too many is annoying, trying to find a time to fit them all in and having to decide on which ones best I purposefully limit myself to only three or four at a time.

Currently watching:
    Bleach
    Naruto
    Death Note
    Love Hina
    Fullmetal Alchemist

2. Post
    Braff wrote:
    Watched the first Heroic Age, pretty impressive.
    Hooray, I am not alone... I would have thought Shinken would have picked it up as well, but no. :P

3. Post
    MegaManX wrote:
    Hooray, I am not alone... I would have thought Shinken would have picked it up as well, but no. :P
    I did! But I was just lazy to post my list of animes

I'll do it now

Sola
    Darker Than Black
    Kami-charma Karin
    El Cazador de la Bruja
    Seto no Hanayome
    Nagasarete Airantou
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Murder Princess
    Koutetsu Sangokushi
    iDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIA
    Hayate no Gotoku
    Heroic Age
    Claymore
    Reideen

Obviously is too much and i'll prolly be following only a few from the list...thus far im liking sola,darker than black,el cazador,airantou,heroic,claymore

claymore reminds me of fsn as many stated
    darker than black reminds me of speed graher too
    el cazaor reminds me of scrapped princess (atleast the animation)

4. Smile
    Shinken wrote:
    franchiee r u also watchin the prequel? souten of ken? i think it is still on goin atm
    ive seen a couple of the new OVAs they released this year. not sure about 'souten of ken' though. i might google it now

5. Post
    Okay so after having seen a few weeks of the new series .. what is everyone loving and going to keep watching and what are people
    going to drop?

Personally out of the new series ive only been watching Darker than Black so far.

Looks like people have been saying good things about the Heroic age, but that was back on the 11th. Is it still as good?

6. Post
    Im down to Darker than black, sola and sangokuji... most likely drop sangokuji as well... claymore was too good so i switched to the manga n read up to the latest

but like some people had mentioned earlier... Darker than Black ftw :]

7. Post
    ^ Yeah, Darker than Black provides something fresh and relatively different from the other anime of late.

I've dropped a few from my last list, it was just too much !

8. Post
    Yeah when that list of coming anime was posted a while ago, I predicted Darker than Black, Devil may Cry and Skullman would be good (well more hoped than predicted for DMC).

Yet to see either Skullman and DMC yet. But the Skullman trailer is out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBIUHLh1ne4

This version of Skullman is done by Studio BONES and is written by Yutaka Izubuchi (the guy who created and directed RahXephon).

9. Post
    For me... just keeping up with Nanoha StrikerS, Touka Gettan, Hayate no Gotoku, sola and Seto no Hanayome.

10. Post
    Is it just me, or StrikerS' animation is rather poor? And the va for Fayte is horrible...

11. Post
    TETSU69 wrote:
    Is it just me, or StrikerS' animation is rather poor? And the va for Fayte is horrible...
    Must be you considering StrikerS animation has been consistent so far. If you want poor animation, wait till that animation director shows up, where the figures of our heroes look "different". See episode 7 of A's for an example. Also, the argument is moot since the animation company goes back to redo it for the DVD release.

As for Fate's VA... I dunno how you think Nana Mizuki can be horrible, when she's played Fate like this throughout all 3 seasons. Though she's a bit more cheerful, but not by much.

12. Post
    I've never been a fan for Mizuki you see. I never thought she was that bad until now though. Her pronounciation is pretty poor, I can't believe she is actually Japanese. :/

13. Post
    Nork22 wrote:
    Touka Gettan
    Please explain this to me lol!

Maybe I am missing something, but the first EP is crazy as hell...

14. Post
    MegaManX wrote:
    Please explain this to me lol!

Maybe I am missing something, but the first EP is crazy as hell...
    Simple. You are watching the show backwards. If you have the patience, just watch the first 3 episodes in one go, then you'll get a better idea on what's going on. In effect, episode 1 is really the last episode of the series. It ties in with how feelings and fate can cross worlds and you are destined to somehow meet again. Also it's very loosely based on the old Tanabata Festival folklore.

TETSU69 wrote:
    I've never been a fan for Mizuki you see. I never thought she was that bad until now though. Her pronounciation is pretty poor, I can't believe she is actually Japanese. :/
    Well she is Japanese and she is supposedly one of the better ones in the industry. Why else would she be sought after in many shows, and have a very good singing career that's bigger/famous than her voice acting career.

15. Post
    Well I know she is Japanese, but her level of voice acting is horribly low compared to some of the others. And having a singing career doesn't mean it automatically makes them a good voice actor.

16. Post
    TETSU69 wrote:
    Well I know she is Japanese, but her level of voice acting is horribly low compared to some of the others.
    To be blunt, I'm not a big fan of Nana Mizuki, however I do like her musical works more than her voice works. I know some roles she did are rather outstanding and I'm just wondering if you've seen any others and will be willing to comment on them.

17. Post
    Maybe you could recommend some to me? I don't follow anime by voice actors you see, so I'm unaware of who plays what until I look it up usually.

18. Post
    TETSU69 wrote:
    Maybe you could recommend some to me? I don't follow anime by voice actors you see, so I'm unaware of who plays what until I look it up usually.
    Some of Nana Mizuki's well known roles:
    Ichigo 100% - Yui Minamito
    Fullmetal Alchemist - Wrath
    Naruto - Hinata Hyuuga
    Princess Tutu - Princess Kraehe
    Basilisk - Oboro Iga

19. Post
    Hey i remembered some of those roles! they r not bad

20. Post
    After watching some others with Nana in it, I have changed my view a little bit, and have come to the conclusion that:

She just doesn't play Fayte's va role well.

21. Post
    anybody catch the first episode of Ah! My Goddess?

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/903/903622/vids_1.html

22. Post
    Currently;

death note
    naruto shippudden
    sola
    darker than black
    hayate no gotoku
    romeo x juliet
    bleach
    GTO

23. Post
    just me who found death note movie crap?
    i only enjoyed erika lol~

24. Post
    ^ How long are you intending to wear the UoA tag?

25. Post
    Pace wrote:
    just me who found death note movie crap?
    i only enjoyed erika lol~
    Actually, to be honest, up to an extent I actually enjoyed the movie more than reading the later half of the manga.
    The manga just doens't do L justice.........