What anime are you currently watching thread.

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,251 to 3,271 of 3271

1. Post
    Speaking of Steins;gate, I was over in Hong Kong last week and picked this up:

I managed to catch the Violet Evergarden Gaiden movie that screened during the ReelAnime film festival. It was a nice side-story, but didn't really add anything ground breaking. In terms of narrative, it felt like a standard episode made into a feature length story. Fantastic visuals and soundtrack as usual. Worth watching if you enjoyed the series (8/10)

2. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Gantz is awesome (Depending on your taste of anime) but the manga tells the story a bit better as the series ends on a bloody cliffhanger.
    Took a few eps to get into this but really enjoying it now

3. Post
    Oh god, the Engrish in Sword Art Online is sooo bad. I mean, why didn't they just get someone from the localisation team to do these bits? It completely killed the tension in the next part of the episode because I was too busy cracking up laughing.

I can't even make out what the last guy is saying.. "I'm so excitied fbkdsfjfdsklaf"?

4. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Oh god, the Engrish in Sword Art Online is sooo bad. I mean, why didn't they just get someone from the localisation team to do these bits? It completely killed the tension in the next part of the episode because I was too busy cracking up laughing.

I can't even make out what the last guy is saying.. "I'm so excitied fbkdsfjfdsklaf"?
    Oh yeah Steins Gate is like that, there's very minimal English but when the white guy in Stein's Gate Zero talks in English he completely butchers it. They also intentionally make him butcher Japanese because he's a "native English speaker" so he ends up just butchering both languages.

Calls the protagonist Lintaro instead of Rintaro but uses awful Engrish. Apparently their voice actors don't realise that English has both sounds and not just L.

You'd think they'd be able to pull a tourist off the street and give them a dollar but nope.

Rintaro also butchers English but intentionally for laughs.

5. Post
    Yeah, it just kinda soured an otherwise amazing episode. I gotta say War of Underworld has to be a AOTY contender for 2019, brings back a lot of tension that was missing after the Aincrad arc.

6. Post
    Trying to conquer this beast called One Piece. I'm at episode 44X (Whitebeard VS The World Government ARC)! Another 400 to 500 episodes to go till i'm up to date! Jeesus

7. Post
    onizero wrote:
    Trying to conquer this beast called One Piece. I'm at episode 44X (Whitebeard VS The World Government ARC)! Another 400 to 500 episodes to go till i'm up to date! Jeesus
    Take your time, catching up to current is the moment you discover how slow the show actually is. They could have knocked 40% of the garbage out and not lost anything.

Dragon Ball is the same. I think it's actually getting slower as well, the latest arc crawls on two of every three episodes.

8. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Take your time, catching up to current is the moment you discover how slow the show actually is. They could have knocked 40% of the garbage out and not lost anything.

Dragon Ball is the same. I think it's actually getting slower as well, the latest arc crawls on two of every three episodes.
    Boruto in particular is dreadful for this, way worse than Naruto or Shippuuden. Almost makes me think they're going to pull a Bleach soon.

9. Post
    You could always watch http://onepace.net

This group edited every episode down to only the content in the manga - basically cuts all the filler and unnecessary scenes. Because of the cuts, some transitions between scenes can be a bit jarring at times, but overall it makes pacing far more bearable. One of the other downsides is that you might miss some little bits and pieces that were added into the anime and aren't present in the manga because of how strictly they've edited the episodes to match the manga, but at least you don't have to watch a full 24 mins to cover a single chapter...

10. Post
    Just finished watching Beastars over two days. Great time for new anime, but it means I'm bingeing all these ongoing shows whose next season isn't out for another year.

Then again they could just be abruptly cut short like Spice and Wolf was so it could be worse.

Would recommend, the animation itself is excellent but they made an odd choice around frame rate but you quickly stop noticing it. Very first episode the talking looks like stop motion but you stop seeing it on episode 2 onwards. It's all rendered so presumably it would have just been a push button decision on software.

11. Post
    suntoucher wrote:

noted. fillers are annoying but unfortunately needed

- - - Updated - - -

BURN_BABY wrote:
    Boruto in particular is dreadful for this, way worse than Naruto or Shippuuden. Almost makes me think they're going to pull a Bleach soon.
    i kinda stopped watching Boruto because of this. i might revisit in the future but who knows

12. Post
    Currently watching Carole and Tuesday Season 2. Thinking I might rewatch Saint Seiya (the original 80's series) after Carole and Tuesday.

13. Post
    Have anyone Read our glamorous time novel Need Review On that

14. Post
    onizero wrote:
    Took me about 150 episodes before I got into it properly, introduced by a friend, now I love it. Love the random laughs and odd things the villains have in their personalities. Nutz show!

15. Post
    BloodDrunk wrote:
    Took me about 150 episodes before I got into it properly, introduced by a friend, now I love it. Love the random laughs and odd things the villains have in their personalities. Nutz show!
    couldn't have said it better myself

16. Post
    Booked a ticket to see Konosuba Movie: Legend of Crimson. Happy to finally see more Konosuba, I hope that they announce a season 3 and/or some OVAs some time.

Mister Metokur on a recent stream compared Konosuba structurally to Seinfeld and I can definitely see it.
    https://youtu.be/ILVu5n0XLKk?t=628
    Salmon Salami wrote:
    I managed to catch the Violet Evergarden Gaiden movie that screened during the ReelAnime film festival. It was a nice side-story, but didn't really add anything ground breaking. In terms of narrative, it felt like a standard episode made into a feature length story. Fantastic visuals and soundtrack as usual. Worth watching if you enjoyed the series (8/10)
    Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll was 10/10 for me. I was crying throughout the screening, only had my used fish and chip wrapping to blow up nose on, LMAO. I can't wait for the Violet Evergarden Movie out this year!

I've been marathoning Sailor Moon (1992 series) and was highly amused to see a Robocop reference! Robocop's Prime Directives show up on Sailor Mercury's "personal supercomputer".

This is from S01E09, "Usagi's Disaster: Beware of the Clock of Confusion".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-14 165121.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	228022

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-14 2.JPG 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	228023

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-14 3.JPG 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	228024

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-14 4.JPG 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	228025

17. Post
    I just binged the entirety of Kill La Kill back-to-back on a 10 hour flight. I can see why people shat on the way Darling in the Franxx ended having now seen how it was managed in Kill la Kill. I thought it was thoroughly enjoyable, probably somewhere around an 8.5/10 for me.

Now watching Yuru Camp for a complete change in pace haha

18. Post
    Never thought I'd be into an anime about volleyball but just started watching Haikyu!! and loving it

19. Post
    Back into Haiykuu as season 4 is out now.

And glad you're enjoying it Insomniac, imo its one of the better done sports animes, great animation too.

20. Post
    Gundam 40th anniversary short film.

21. Post
    Just finished Season 4 of Saint Seiya. Found out that Animelab in the meantime has released a shit ton of anime (Most of it is dubbed but better than not much lol)