What anime are you currently watching thread.

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,276 to 3,296 of 3296

1. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I think they got a bunch of either Funimation or Animax back-catalogue stuff, i.e. since Soyny owns aforementioned and has a minor financial stake in Madman.
    It's still pretty good to have a bigger selection of shows and movies to watch for whatever reason. Might start on the Star Blazers 2199 series after Radiant and Bleach Set 5.

2. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I think they got a bunch of either Funimation or Animax back-catalogue stuff, i.e. since Soyny owns aforementioned and has a minor financial stake in Madman.
    It's more than just a bunch, they're killing the entirety of Funimation Now and putting it all on Animelab

Kinda wish Disney would do the same with their Hulu content seeing as we can't get Hulu here.

3. Post
    Steins:Gate seems fairly easy to do a live action version. I'd watch it to see how it'd work out.

Is Netflix having one of those issues where they're getting the streaming rights to almost any idea, no matter how bad it seems. I reckon One piece will be pretty bad.

4. Post
    Oh man, a live action One Piece would be terrible. Steins;Gate would be totally fine, there's nothing really supernatural to shoot as long as they can cast it properly.

They should remake them as 3D animations, Pixar style, and give up on live actions.

Beast Stars was good, and was funded by Netflix, but they funded an anime, rather than a live action of an anime. They should do more of that.

5. Post
    Just started watching Diamond no Ace since I'm on a bit of a sports anime buzz after catching up on Haikyuu!! Really enjoying it so far after 3 eps

6. Post
    Been watching the Studio Ghibli movies that has been released on Netflix. I haven't watched most of the flicks aside from Spirited Away, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Tales from Earthsea and Princess Princess Mononoke

7. Post
    laputa is a must watch. don't have netflix but it's probably just called castle in the sky on there being american.

8. Post
    Yup it's just called Castle in the Sky. They're slowly bringing all of the movies out. So far just watched Castle in the Sky and Porco Rocco. I'm mostly waiting for my fav of the bunch Princess Mononoke.

I've just started Star Blazers remake aka Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Damn it's good!

9. Post
    Studio ghibli stuff is awesome. Howls moving castle is the goat

10. Post
    Finally finished S1 of the 1990s Sailor Moon series. It was decent but you can tell they padded the shit out of it with the Monster of the Week format so it can be aired it every week after school for a year. I've almost finished rewatching S1 of SM Crystal and it's far superior to S1 of the 90s show. No padding, better characterisation and story beats.

suntoucher wrote:
    Steins;Gate would be totally fine, there's nothing really supernatural to shoot as long as they can cast it properly.
    LMAO no, they'd butcher it to hell. Steins;Gate is steeped in Japanese anime/manga otaku culture. They'd "current year" the shit out of it by censoring the deemed "problematic" elements like maid cafes; Daru being a huge nerdy perv. Deeply important things to the plot like the character dynamic between Mayushi and Okabe would probably be seen as "misogynistic". They'd highly likely f*ck with Luka's characterisation as a feminine boy to push SJW propaganda.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 15th February 2020 at 7:14 am.

11. Post
    WarZoner wrote:

I've just started Star Blazers remake aka Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Damn it's good!
    Just started watching this too when I finally managed to acquire some episodes. Couldn't find it on the usual free sites. Love it so far!!

12. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Just started watching this too when I finally managed to acquire some episodes. Couldn't find it on the usual free sites. Love it so far!!
    I got it on Animelab. I think they have a free basic membership. I've got premium with animelab as I got annoyed with the same repeating adverts that come up before each episode. Just started on the sequel series, 2202. I think the animation went down a notch or 2 when you compare the season's side by side.

13. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I got it on Animelab. I think they have a free basic membership. I've got premium with animelab as I got annoyed with the same repeating adverts that come up before each episode. Just started on the sequel series, 2202. I think the animation went down a notch or 2 when you compare the season's side by side.
    Yeah I'm watching it on Funimation now. I didn't even need to sign up again and I'm watching it advert free for no charge so it must be free for everyone

14. Post
    I read the first arc of a fun manga, Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta. (I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags). It's an isekai romance comedy about a girl who's trying to avoid her bad fates (death or exile) in the Otome VN world that she's been reincarnated into.
    https://myanimelist.net/manga/107566..._shiteshimatta
    Chapter 1-22 are a complete story arc, so you can devour that and not have to worry about being left on a cliffhanger.

There's an anime adaptation that starts airing early April, so that's an option too.

15. Post
    Really enjoying Girls Last Tour (Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou).

Two girls wandering a post apocalyptic post apocalyptic Japan (repeat intended).

Up to episode three of twelve, self contained. Standard 24 minutes. I've been told the ending is terribly depressing.

16. Post
    Since I finished Star Blazers 2022. I've started watching Phantom Memory Kurau. First couple of episodes are a bit slow as heck. Hopefully it'll pick up in the meantime.

17. Post
    I'm half expecting this new, annoying guy on One Piece to yell "Tingle" and supply Zoro a map.

18. Post
    Crunchyroll Originals line-up
    • In/spectre is out now and is an actual anime adapted from a Japanese light novel (Kyoko Suiri), so that gets a pass.
    • Three with potential are adaptations of three of the most popular Korean manhwa on the Webtoon site, so there's potential.
    • The rest? Western originals produced by Crunchyroll's in-house animation studio. Piss off.

19. Post
    Promare is a spectacular film. Highly recommended.

20. Post
    Started watching Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory aka Season 4. If you haven't watched any of the FMP shows before this don't bother with this it starts off after straight after S2.