What anime are you currently watching thread.

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3234

1. Post
    Currently watching Cannon Buster. Damn this show is good bit of a mix between Trigun and Mecha.

2. Post
    The last episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba was great. Muzan was cute in this episode haha.

Looking forward to the third season of Psycho Pass coming up soon. Wondering if I should binge Boku no Hero Academia and try to catch up before Season 4 starts (or at least catch up before the season ends)

3. Post
    Just started watching Monogatari starting with Bakemonogatari. Excellent if you can keep up with it but I love how as the smaller story arcs wrap up everything that happened prior suddenly makes perfect sense when it made none before.

Also the new, relevant opening for every smaller arc (2-3 episodes) is a lot of fun

4. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Just started watching Monogatari starting with Bakemonogatari. Excellent if you can keep up with it but I love how as the smaller story arcs wrap up everything that happened prior suddenly makes perfect sense when it made none before.

Also the new, relevant opening for every smaller arc (2-3 episodes) is a lot of fun
    Having the VAs of each of the girls singing their respective OPs was a nice touch. Are you going to watch in airing order?

5. Post
    Salmon Salami wrote:
    The last episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba was great. Muzan was cute in this episode haha.

Looking forward to the third season of Psycho Pass coming up soon. Wondering if I should binge Boku no Hero Academia and try to catch up before Season 4 starts (or at least catch up before the season ends)
    Yeah it was awesome like the whole season. Everything about it is top notch. Sux having to wait for next season. Can't wait for S4 of My Hero

6. Post
    Salmon Salami wrote:
    Having the VAs of each of the girls singing their respective OPs was a nice touch. Are you going to watch in airing order?
    Yep, I was surprised to see Renai Circulation in there, I was listening to it on YouTube prior to starting the series and didn't realise they were connected.

It's excellent, tried to get the girlfriend to watch but she couldn't keep up with the pace of the conversation and couldn't get the hang of which information is important and which is more just an indication of an overall idea and decided she didn't like it. When the final piece was placed she never did the, "Oh, that's what X meant, or that's why Y happened, or haha the whole thing was just an unrelated pun (eg weight crab = emotion god literally taking her weight to take her weight)"

It also helps that I'm learning Japanese so whilst I don't get the Kanji puns they always follow up with an explanation which is great. And Senjōgahara's transition from demand, to request, to low-level imperative is actually quite helpful in seeing how the different nuance works in the language.

7. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah it was awesome like the whole season. Everything about it is top notch. Sux having to wait for next season. Can't wait for S4 of My Hero
    The next arc (Inifinity Train) is going to be covered in a movie which got greenlit, which was teased after the end credits: https://myanimelist.net/anime/40456/...gen_Ressha-hen.

If you want to get your fix, you could pick up the manga (from around chapter 51-52 I think)

suntoucher wrote:
    Yep, I was surprised to see Renai Circulation in there, I was listening to it on YouTube prior to starting the series and didn't realise they were connected.

It's excellent, tried to get the girlfriend to watch but she couldn't keep up with the pace of the conversation and couldn't get the hang of which information is important and which is more just an indication of an overall idea and decided she didn't like it. When the final piece was placed she never did the, "Oh, that's what X meant, or that's why Y happened, or haha the whole thing was just an unrelated pun (eg weight crab = emotion god literally taking her weight to take her weight)"

It also helps that I'm learning Japanese so whilst I don't get the Kanji puns they always follow up with an explanation which is great. And Senjōgahara's transition from demand, to request, to low-level imperative is actually quite helpful in seeing how the different nuance works in the language.
    I wish I had a good grasp of Japanese. I feel like my enjoyment of the series would be far greater if I knew all the double-meanings and wordplay. The writing has always been praised by those fluent in Japanese. I didn't really get into Bakemonogatari until the crab god reveal in Ep3. Up until that point I found it a bit tedious. I still felt the pacing was a bit slow and laboured through the rest of Bakemonogatari. After that I watched the three Kizumonogatari movies and felt the pay-off was enormous. After that, I was totally invested in the series and finished the rest in about 3 weeks. This is the order I decided to watch: Bake > Kizu > Nise > Neko: Kuro > Mono SS > Tsuki > Owari > Koyomi > Owari SS > Hana > Zoku

8. Post
    Just started on Kengan Ashura, Basically think Baki but they actually got necks and has some surprising good CGI.

9. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Just started on Kengan Ashura, Basically think Baki but they actually got necks and has some surprising good CGI.
    Oh nice love Baki so this sounds like my cup of tea

Just started watching Psycho-Pass and really enjoying it Also gave Mo Dao Zu Shi a go but kind of lost interest after 10 eps. Will try again at some point though cos it was decent.

10. Post
    Just finished watching both seasons of Psycho-Pass & really enjoyed it. Anyone know any other good animes with a similar futuristic/cyberpunk setting?

11. Post
    I've just started on Carole & Tuesday. Think Cowboy Bebop meets music. All of the episodes are named after famous music titles.

12. Post
    Just started watching Seis Manos on Netflix starring Danny Trejo & Mike Colter aka Luke Cage. It's set in Mexico in the late 70's & is kind of like a mash up of '70s western, exploitation and martial-arts films Also only 8 eps long so don't have to invest much time into it.

Also about to start watching Vinland Saga seeing as its the #1 currently airing show on myanimelist.

13. Post
    Death Note

14. Post
    I've just started on Fairy Gone. It's pretty interesting using fairies as weapons, instead of those annoying tinkerbell style fairies you mostly see in other shows. Then I'll start on Granblue Fantasy (think I watched S1 on CR ages ago but forgotten the entire story)

15. Post
    Just finished:
    Carole & Tuesday - 7/10 (felt the pacing was a bit slow in the middle eps)
    Nichijou - 6/10 (some great gags, but too few and far in between for me to really enjoy this show - found the last 6-8 eps and absolute chore)
    Boku no Hero Academia S1 - 8/10 (typical shounen - well executed though, and I liked it more than OPM)

Still watching:
    Enen no Shouboutai
    Vinland Saga
    Dr Stone

Plan to start in the next week or so:
    Boku no Hero Academia S2
    Kill la Kill

16. Post
    Does dragonball super count

17. Post
    Just started On Martian Successor Nadesico. Wanted some old school stuff. Wish I watched this when it came out. Full of mecha and comedy. It's cool that they're finally releasing some old school anime on blu-ray these days.

18. Post
    Just on the last season of Monogatari (mirror world). That was a great ****ing show. It's a rare thing for a show (any show, not just an anime) to so perfectly close off the story without an obvious contrived deus ex machina or loose ends.

Going to have the girlfriend watch the movies to see if I can get her into it. Easy and clear to follow and completely fine to watch first (although I liked the time skips, finally closing off why he has his attitude to both Shinobu and Hanekawa, and using it as a break between the final season).

19. Post
    Cop Craft is a pretty enjoyable buddy cop show. It's the premise of Will Smith film Bright except much, much better. I switched over to the dub after the first episode because a jive talking American black man didn't feel right sounding like a Japanese Yakuza.

It's from the same author as Full Metal Panic but you shouldn't expect loads of comedy. There is humour but action, story and characters are definitely the focus.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 19th October 2019 at 3:25 pm.

20. Post
    All caught up with Vinland Saga & just started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time after seeing it mentioned quite a bit in the Top 5 Anime thread.

21. Post
    Also try and watch the 2 movies that's on netflix as well.

22. Post
    Naruto

23. Post
    Just finished the Nadesico TV series plus the short as OVA, now just need to watch the movie.

24. Post
    Watching through Kill Me Baby. The first episode has a couple chuckle moments but otherwise it's pretty tepid however the rest are a significant improvement. Some of the episodes are hilarious all the way through (episode 5 and 6).

25. Post
    Just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion and tbh I didn't really like it & not sure why it's so highly regarded lol. First 15 eps were decent but then it started going downhill to me and the last few eps were weird af. Maybe I'm just dumb but I didnt enjoy all that "Human Instrumentality" stuff and didnt really understand wtf was going on lol.