Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2548

1. Post
    Ayumarcan wrote:
    Trying to relax and read something light after my exams, so reading Good Omens. Actually re-reading it cuz I've already read it, but loved it so much!
    I love that book too! Was a Pratchett fan, then became a Gaiman fan after that book.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

2. Post
    Currently reading Normal People by Sally Rooney, after I saw a bunch of people on instagram read it. It is slow going, not like it's hard to read but the way it's written makes it seem very relaxing and not much going on? Not sure how to describe it. Much in the same way as A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. Almost my way through, nothing really has happened, just some people having inner monologues about their relationships in high school and university in Ireland.

3. Post
    I've just started reading the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. And I should say that I definitely like that fantasy The characters are just awesome.

4. Post
    I'm re-reading Battle Royale. I also found The Aeronaught's Windlass by Jim Butcher for a cheap as price. So will start reading that after Battle Royale.

5. Post
    StarMU wrote:
    I've just started reading the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. And I should say that I definitely like that fantasy The characters are just awesome.
    I rate those books

6. Post
    Hi, I am the author of 'A Fit Day For Dark Disgrace'. This is a true crime that took place in Auckland, NZ, in the mid 1950s. The time America took New Zealand by storm : in music, movies - a young Marlon Brando and James Dean hotting up the screen, showing the youth of the day that being free mean riding motorbikes, wearing black leather and bucking the system - lurid pulp fiction, and the inevitable teenage pregnancies. Murder was in the news big time - Parker & Hulme sent to prison for killing Parker's mother with a brick in a stocking, Senga Whittingham for shooting her ex fiance in the back in a hospital toilet, and then there was Fred. Fred was a British immigrant who fell in love with his landlady's daughter - only tragedy struck one lunchtime in a milkbar in Queen Street, an accident, which led the government and legal system to use him as a scapegoat to show the youth of the day that this is what happens when you don't stop your debauched ways. Fred was hanged, on the Meccano Set (have gallows will travel) in Auckland in 1955 at the age of 27, just two years after he set foot on NZ soil.

7. Post
    Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind gonna read some self help books try better myself

8. Post
    I've finished reading Tolkien's Silmarillion. It's amazing, even better than LOTR in my opinion

9. Post
    BZP wrote:
    Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind gonna read some self help books try better myself
    If you want some really good self help, try 'Get out of your mind and into your life'.
    It's a really easy to read guide for doing Acceptance and Commitment Therapy on yourself.

10. Post
    RustyB wrote:
    I've finished reading Tolkien's Silmarillion. It's amazing, even better than LOTR in my opinion
    Well done. I started reading it almost 20 years ago after a LOTR and hobbit marathon but ran out of steam and never actually finished it. Silmarrillon would make a great movie...much more interesting than the hobbit in my opinion

11. Post
    Osiry wrote:
    If you want some really good self help, try 'Get out of your mind and into your life'.
    It's a really easy to read guide for doing Acceptance and Commitment Therapy on yourself.
    That sounds like a good one. Acceptance and commitment therapy has been found useful to manage anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain etc..

12. Post
    Elgaria wrote:
    Just finished the last book in the demon cycle series by Peter V Brett .
    I enjoyed those alot! I assume youve read the The Night Angel Trilogy and stormlight archives series?

13. Post
    moz wrote:
    I love that book too! Was a Pratchett fan, then became a Gaiman fan after that book.
    TV series being made based on the book!

14. Post
    I am currently reading light novel and I read solo leveling light novel here. This is my favourite.

15. Post
    Currently reading Tiamat's Wrath (the latest novel in the Expanse series).

Should really get on to watching the series, hey

16. Post
    GOT.
    My son read them years and years ago and I didn't have any interest, never was much of a fantasy fan, LOTR meh, The Potter dude, meh. Robert Jordan, ugh.

But I ran out of things to read and nothing new on it's way for a couple of weeks so bought them at a 2nd hand bookshop.
    And if you remove the dragons and zombies, it's a historical novel.
    But a bit better than the usual twaddle romance disguised as historical books I've seen.

I amazed myself, the first fantasy I actually ever enjoyed.
    pity it's not finished and rather odd. Most books to movies don't proceed past where the author got up to,

Makes you wonder, does he ignore what they showed and write it the way he thinks best? Does he write it the same having told them what he planned?
    Or hopefully not, never finish it?

My son got annoyed as he was reading them, he said to me when I told him I had them now, read the first then wait several years to read the second.

LOL, well yes, I had read another series like that, where the author took ages.

17. Post
    Currently reading "The Grey Bastards" by Jonathan French.
    Only a couple of chapters in but already very entertaining.

18. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    Currently reading Tiamat's Wrath (the latest novel in the Expanse series).

Should really get on to watching the series, hey
    Didn't realise this was out! Thanks for the heads up.

19. Post
    pctek wrote:
    GOT.
    My son read them years and years ago and I didn't have any interest, never was much of a fantasy fan, LOTR meh, The Potter dude, meh. Robert Jordan, ugh.

But I ran out of things to read and nothing new on it's way for a couple of weeks so bought them at a 2nd hand bookshop.
    And if you remove the dragons and zombies, it's a historical novel.
    But a bit better than the usual twaddle romance disguised as historical books I've seen.

pity it's not finished and rather odd. Most books to movies don't proceed past where the author got up to,

Makes you wonder, does he ignore what they showed and write it the way he thinks best? Does he write it the same having told them what he planned?
    Or hopefully not, never finish it?

My son got annoyed as he was reading them, he said to me when I told him I had them now, read the first then wait several years to read the second.

LOL, well yes, I had read another series like that, where the author took ages.
    Well done on actually reading the GOT books. I haven't even managed to watch the final series, let alone read the books. I remember the days when we had to wait 2 years for a new harry potter book to come out

20. Post
    I've been making my way through John Scalzi's books. Just finished "Locked In" and "Head On" both fun detective procedural novels though it is a bit strange there is advanced sci-fi tech with human brains controlling mechanical robots but really no other examples of advanced technology at all.

My biggest problem with Scalzi's novels is that we think on a similar wavelength and I seem to be able to guess the outcome of his stories in advance...

21. Post
    brand wrote:
    I've been making my way through John Scalzi's books. Just finished "Locked In" and "Head On" both fun detective procedural novels though it is a bit strange there is advanced sci-fi tech with human brains controlling mechanical robots but really no other examples of advanced technology at all.

My biggest problem with Scalzi's novels is that we think on a similar wavelength and I seem to be able to guess the outcome of his stories in advance...
    Sounds like my kinda sci fi bit more grounded in reality than full on sci fi.

22. Post
    Osiry wrote:
    Didn't realise this was out! Thanks for the heads up.
    Just finished it - really liked it, though some bits were quite predictable. Keen for the last instalment.

23. Post
    pctek wrote:
    If you enjoyed ASOIAF (GOT series), you may also enjoy:

- Joe Abercrombie (start with The Blade Itself).
    - Patrick Rothfuss (start with The Name of the Wind).
    - Anthony Ryan (start with Blood Song).

24. Post
    After reading the Eisenhorn Trilogy and the Ravenor Trilogy I'm about to start on the new 4th Eisenhorn book - The Magos.
    If it's anything like the other 6 books from Dan Abnett, It's going to be bloody good.

25. Post
    The 4th book of the song of ice and fire. I love the way it differs from the shity series .