Rii wrote:
    Representing the 3700x ITX builds.

Plz, so cheap, no excuse

2. Post
    ^^ usually braided cables come with those clips in the bag

e.g

https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/sho...ble-kit--white

3. Post
    Mine were custom. I just didn't get any on my PCIe cable. I don't know why - I think I was drunk at the time. Was an attempt to ease the pain of ordering custom sleeved cables.

Anyway, thanks Pyro. Have ordered a few from that link.

4. Post
    Probably the most boring 3700x ITX...

3700x
    Noctua NH-L9x65
    X570 Pro Wifi
    32GB 3200MHz
    1TB NVMe
    SX700-G
    RTX 2070 Super

100,000x better than what I had before...

5. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    Probably the most boring 3700x ITX...
    What's the CPU temps like on this thing?

6. Post
    Not great... But I wanted something I could take away with me when I go to motels for an entire week+++ for work, I can fit this whole machine + a 24" monitor into a black plastic carry case.

CL tested it at 94c.. I keep forgetting to leave hwmon going when I play games.

7. Post
    I've just got done testing my 3700x.

Thanks to the x570 mobos (and maybe others) they tend to smash the new Ryzen's with more voltage than needed. I've set an offset of -.1250v (would crash at -.1500v) in BIOS. This brings it back to what it should be; around 1.35v and below during idle and spikes to 1.4 when needed momentarily due to turbo'ing (I'm assuming) as when it's under stable load it will top out at 1.35v.

I was getting frustrated for a while, something was keeping one core at it's turbo with a constant 1.4v. Turns out it's Ryzen Master that if kept running will hog a core *shrug*.

8. Post
    I think I just made the biggest noob ****up, think I left the sticker on the bottom of the CPU cooler....I feel sick.

9. Post
    I wanna see evidence!

10. Post
    YOu might get that ina few hours. I know I took it off, cleaned the end with isopropanol, put the last drop of my Noctua thermal paste on the CPU, then ****ed around make sure the bracket was actually lined up. I dont remeber but my gut is that I put it back on so I didnt scratch anythign while I was adjusting the bracket. But im not 100% sure, the only reason I think I did is because I cant find it to put it in the rubbish. Ive been through the bin three times.

Edit: I think I have lost my mind, I've convinced myself I left it on, but I've taken the CPU cooler.fans off and taken pictures, and I'm pretty sure it's not on there. Can I find it in the rubbish, NO! First pic is a very out of focus shot from a review of the sticker.
    https://imgur.com/a/35LXcOj

Edit 2: the conclusion.
    Today, while changing my baby at the food court, I leant down and noticed that the sticker was stuck to my arm, and just have been since yesterday morning. I just have leant on it on the table. I am a moron.
    Last edited by Ballistica; 5th October 2019 at 12:04 pm.

11. Post
    Build coming along nicely. Managed to get 9900k stable at 5ghz on 2.7v with cpu temp on load peaking at around 80 degrees celcius with case fully enclosed.

Will do more testing on case temp during the week and report back.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

12. Post
    ram looks sweet, what is it?

13. Post
    Dat sweet Corsair Pro Vengeance RGB. Got a couple sticks myself.

14. Post
    yea its great looking ram, have 32gb myself, i prefer its looks over the gskill stuff i replaced

15. Post
    I was going to do a 3dmark run of my 390x with my new 3600 so we could all compare a 2500K to 3770K to 3600 but I can't get the ****ing thing to not overheat. I remember now this is why I originally water cooled it, as soon as I'm in a game it hits 100 and turns off. I've reseated the cooler and applied fresh thermal paste three times now. I wish I didn't take the AIO off it.

16. Post
    I've put a 120mm noctua fan on the side of my case and has lowered the temps from 90 max to 70~ seems good just for a small air cooler.

17. Post

GP shows off their PC builds/specs

Ballistica wrote:
    I was going to do a 3dmark run of my 390x with my new 3600 so we could all compare a 2500K to 3770K to 3600 but I can't get the ****ing thing to not overheat. I remember now this is why I originally water cooled it, as soon as I'm in a game it hits 100 and turns off. I've reseated the cooler and applied fresh thermal paste three times now. I wish I didn't take the AIO off it.
    If your 390X is hitting 100 deg under load - assuming you aren't running some mad OC or voltage, or completely lack case ventilation, that SOB is faulty.

Had a STRIX 390X that did this under ANY load and returned it immediately.

18. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    If your 390X is hitting 100 deg under load - assuming you aren't running some mad OC or voltage, or completely lack case ventilation, that SOB is faulty.

Had a STRIX 390X that did this under ANY load and returned it immediately.
    Nah got really good ventilation (well for a smaller case) the GTX 970 im tested with is idling ~10 above ambient and is about ~50 above ambient full load max.

When I first got it I reguarly saw it hit 100 degrees out of the box in a big well ventilated case. I remember whacking the AIO on it simply because I got sick of the jet engine coming from my desk. Now ive put the original cooler on it it seems it cant stop crashing from overheating. It could just generally be dead. Im going to go check how long warranty is usually from Playtech but I assume 4 years is too long.

19. Post
    I have had heatpipes fail on a 7970, heard a slow hissing noise then any load would put it over 100c

20. Post
    The other option is that the thermal paste is shit, it's only cheap cooler master stuff but the stuff that came on it originally was pretty shit too.

21. Post
    Kidona wrote:
    Build coming along nicely. Managed to get 9900k stable at 5ghz on 2.7v with cpu temp on load peaking at around 80 degrees celcius with case fully enclosed.

Will do more testing on case temp during the week and report back.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    How are the temps?

22. Post
    Unknitlemon6855 wrote:
    How are the temps?
    I'll do some measuring but I have a heat pump in my room so the room is always at a constant temperature. Haven't had any heating issues with the card and cpu overclocked but will do some testing with heat pump off and see what temps it gets to.

23. Post
    Siris Le Osiris wrote:
    I have had heatpipes fail on a 7970, heard a slow hissing noise then any load would put it over 100c
    I think you were on the money, put the water cooler back on and it runs better than ever, so it must be the air cooler, possibly heatpipes were banged up during storage on the last few years (didn't put it on the box, what an idiot).

24. Post
    Unknitlemon6855 wrote:
    How are the temps?
    Played some modern warfare for a good few hours, GPU got up to 68-70 degrees max and CPU max was 68 degrees. This is without heat pump on and room feeling mild so no issues.

The other day I locked up the room during the day, no heat pump on and it felt like a sauna when I walked in at the end of it. I checked CPU temp and it was sitting at 55 degrees so room needs to be kept at comfortable temp.

25. Post
    Unknitlemon6855 wrote:
    How are the temps?
    Nice build, love white cases