1. Post
    Little Children - The voice-over narration is a bit lawl at first, but I warmed into it. Tonally all over the place. Bits are way over the top, and the end wrapped up far too nicely for my tastes. But there's something very engaging about the film that had me captivated from beginning to end. Kate Winslet is amazing as usual. And there are other great performances as well. - 7/10

An Inconvenient Truth - Al Gore is my hero. But this movie could have been much better. The pieces from the slideshow are great, but everything else just feels like filler. - 8/10

2. Post
    Al Gore is a f*ckwit.

Fantastic Four 2 - Rise of the Silver Surfer
    Some nice moments, and the Silver Surfer looks amazing, but at 1 hour 30 minutes long it feels a bit short. Recommended.

3. Post
    Transformers - Seriously haven't had that much fun at a movie theater in ages! Just unrelentingly fun and exciting. Shia Labeouf is a star, totally carries the entire film. Bay is his usual self with his schizophrenic camera and soppy dramatic scenes, but it's actually in a dose that's tolerable. Sure, I'd have loved to have seen a couple more steady, elegant shots where you can actually see what's going on... but it's a Michael Bay film, and that's what I was expecting. Wildly funny, as well. Can't wait to see what someone else does with the series. - 9/10

4. Post
    DeVi| D0do wrote:
    Transformers - Seriously haven't had that much fun at a movie theater in ages! Just unrelentingly fun and exciting. Shia Labeouf is a star, totally carries the entire film. Bay is his usual self with his schizophrenic camera and soppy dramatic scenes, but it's actually in a dose that's tolerable. Sure, I'd have loved to have seen a couple more steady, elegant shots where you can actually see what's going on... but it's a Michael Bay film, and that's what I was expecting. Wildly funny, as well. Can't wait to see what someone else does with the series. - 9/10
    ^^Agreed.

5. Post
    DeVi| D0do wrote:
    Little Children - The voice-over narration is a bit lawl at first, but I warmed into it. Tonally all over the place. Bits are way over the top, and the end wrapped up far too nicely for my tastes. But there's something very engaging about the film that had me captivated from beginning to end. Kate Winslet is amazing as usual. And there are other great performances as well. - 7/10

An Inconvenient Truth - Al Gore is my hero. But this movie could have been much better. The pieces from the slideshow are great, but everything else just feels like filler. - 8/10

I saw Little Children as well and thought pretty much the same, it was a very engaging movie... good to watch on DVD at home.
    7/10

6. Post
    TRANSFORMERS!!!!!!
    Magnificent! It was the best movie I've seen in years! Graphics are captivating, electrifying! ****ing fantastic! If you don't see this you'll have a hole that'll never be filled again! ARGH GO SEE IT!!!!!
    9.5/10

7. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Hot Fuzz - utter trash, worst movie I've seen for a long time. It is so unentertaining, so unoriginal and so amateurish you'll be begging for the credits to roll.

Pan's Labyrinth - excellent fun and visually stunning although a little overbearing in depicting what it obviously considers the ultimate evil - fascism.

Spider-Man 3 - a little bit hard to take with all the coincidences piling up in the story, but entertaining enough. Also hard to believe it's the most expensive movie ever made - it doesn't really look like it.
    Cant agree with that, Hot Fuzz is one of the best movies Ive seen in a long time tbh. Perhaps English humour just isnt your thing. And Spiderman 3 was just painful crap with horribly painful cliches.

8. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Little Miss Sunshine

I enjoyed this. The characters came across very well (i'm not sure how to explain it, they just seemed 'real'). Not really a 'comedy' as such - as most of the humour came from realising the absurdity of the situations they were in. Not as funny as everyone said at all but still a good movie. (please don't say 'I just didn't get it)

7/10
    I just watched this.
    I quite enjoyed it, although it was far from the Steve Carrell that I expected. The humour wasn't out there all the time (in comparison to say The Office).

Theres nothing better/worse than a movie making you cringe like this one did with the talent act at the end and the dancing. Funniest thing I've seen in a movie for a long time

7/10
    Jeeves

9. Post
    baffa wrote:
    Cant agree with that, Hot Fuzz is one of the best movies Ive seen in a long time tbh. Perhaps English humour just isnt your thing. And Spiderman 3 was just painful crap with horribly painful cliches.
    I love English humour. Hot Fuzz didn't have any though, it was too busy trying to pay homage to US action flicks and in doing so losing the Britishness for which it's been praised by many quarters. Simon Pegg's bitchfits in his movies (Shaun of the Dead in the pub, Hot Fuzz in the police station) don't do him any justice

Yeah Spider-Man 3 was arse if I'm being honest with myself.

Ocean's 13 - a welcome return to form for the series, very enjoyable and highly recommended.

10. Post

The movie started out really slow however pulled through with the actual room sequences, John cusack mainly starring with s.l jackson pulling a very minor part of the movie. Some freaky scenes that caught me off guard and a very intriguing story behind the room itself. At one point i was really lost when all of a sudden something happened which cleared everything up. (sorry if this doesnt make much sense i dont wanna spoil it too much) The ghouls/ghosts deserve commendation as they are definaetly not something id like to actually exist. and once again john cusack proves why hes definaetly a top notch actor.

7/10

11. Post
    Pierrepoint

An interesting british film about the famous/infamous hangman albert pierrepoint, the film progresses thorugh his first job as hangman through the execution of nazi war criminals (which the public found out about) and finally the mass protests against capital punishment during the 50's. Although many people may think this film may be gory it was actually very effective without any gore and focussed more on the mental effects the executions had upon pierrepoint and those around him.

overall a very interesting and quite moving film. The lead actor the rat changling from harry potter was bloody good.
    8/10

12. Post
    Transformers - while the visuals are obviously stunning, the audio is just as amazing. It's the loudest film I've been to after Jurassic Park all those years ago. The humour is very good and allows for a broader audience than just action film afficionados/Transformer fanboys.

13. Post
    Knocked Up - rent out Lawrence of Arabia instead.

14. Post
    Knocked Up
    Genre: Comedy
    Actors: Katherine Hiegl, Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd

Funny movie. I liked it alot. Good movie if you're up for a laugh
    Seth Rogen is ace and Paul Rudd... just excellent.

7/10

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    Genre: Drama/Adventure/Fantasy
    Actors: Daniel Radcliffe, Ralph Fiennes, Gary Oldman, Emma Watson

Awesome. I thought it was the best so far. Ralph Fiennes and Gary Oldman are just superb!

8/10

15. Post
    Crank

What an utter pile of crap, the movie was horrible. Wasn't funny (except for the sex in public scene) and the action was lame (esp when he cuts off that guys hand, looked so budget) and the ending was incredibly stupid.

4/10

16. Post
    Babel - the third part of Inarritu's trilogy of films which started with Amores Perros and 21 Grams is the weakest of the bunch; the connecting stories device doesn't drive the story at all, rather the stories are written to justify their tenuous link to each other ... it's unnecessary and quite pretentious. I get the overriding theme that bad communication can have devastating consequences, but the characters and their stories were too simply handled to convey any degree of emotional impact. Disappointing.

Junebug - downbeat drama in which one character shines incandescently, that played by Amy Adams. Worth seeing just so you can fall in love with her character.

17. Post
    the hitcher 7/10, quiet kool aye good horror

18. Post
    Blood Diamond 10/10

Seriously, this movie is awesome. Lots of plot twists, action scenes and a cool story to wrap it up, I'd definitely watch it again. It's also a decent length as well, over 2 hours, as opposed to the more common 90 minutes these days.

19. Post
    Diehard 4 - 8.5/10

Yippe kay aye mother****er!!!!!

20. Post
    Peter wrote:
    Diehard 4 - 8.5/10

Was it really worth that rating?

I thought it looked to be a pile of utter rubbish tbh...

21. Post
    Xenith wrote:
    Was it really worth that rating?

I thought it looked to be a pile of utter rubbish tbh...
    Did you watch it?

I watched it last night and thought 8/10 would be right.

It's a good action flick, that lives up to the other Die Hards.

22. Post
    ManBeastLove wrote:
    Did you watch it?

I watched it last night and thought 8/10 would be right.

It's a good action flick, that lives up to the other Die Hards.

Nah, I went and saw Amazing Grace which was well worth 13 bucks

Amazing Grace

If you like period pieces, this will float your boat. A movie about the slave abolitionist William Wilberforce played by Ioan Gruffudd who incidentally, IS AWESOME in this. Amazing Grace was great if a little 'left-of-centre' but exactly the type of serious movie worth the time and money to see. It doesn't hurt that the supporting cast boasts some of the finest acting talent in the UK; Michael Gambon, Albert Finney, Rupert Sewell and Ciaran Hinds (Ceasar from Rome).

9/10

23. Post
    Simpsons - 6/10

What a disappointment... except for spider pig

24. Post
    Peter wrote:
    Simpsons - 6/10

What a disappointment... except for spider pig
    Yeah the episodes on tv 3 are way better than the movie my thoughts.

25. Post
    Peter wrote:
    Diehard 4 - 8.5/10

nah it wasnt that great

had some good action scenes but was so tame compared to the others in the series as the swearing & violence was toned down a lot

it actually got a PG-13 rating in the states thats how tame its become. they probably trying to appeal more to the mainstream masses so more people will go & see it

id say the first 2 are definetely the best