Results 1,826 to 1,842 of 1842

  1. Post
    Snowpiercer - wow what a treat a great fantasy adventure movie

  2. Post
    American Animals 7.5/10

    Based on a true story of 4 college students who conspire to rob a rare book collection at the University of Kentucky, this fascinating film blends interview footage of the real-life perpetrators with a compelling dramatisation. You're never quite sure whether the men are reliable narrators or not, and in this sense it's a good counterpart to the recent I, Tonya. Evan Peters and Barry Keoghan are terrific in the lead roles.

  3. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    American Animals 7.5/10

    Based on a true story of 4 college students who conspire to rob a rare book collection at the University of Kentucky, this fascinating film blends interview footage of the real-life perpetrators with a compelling dramatisation. You're never quite sure whether the men are reliable narrators or not, and in this sense it's a good counterpart to the recent I, Tonya. Evan Peters and Barry Keoghan are terrific in the lead roles.
    I went in blind seeing this at the NZIFF. Was a great docu-drama.

  4. Post
    I was surprised by just how much they used the real life men as talking heads, definitely an interesting approach.

  5. Post
    quiet place - was good enjoyable watch 7/10

  6. Post
    Hereditary -very very tame was expecting so much more from all the hype 6/10

    I couldn't help but think is this even a horror for the 1st hour while I waited for something scary to happen wondering wtf Iam I watching this boring crap for

  7. Post
    BZP wrote:
    Hereditary -very very tame was expecting so much more from all the hype 6/10

    I couldn't help but think is this even a horror for the 1st hour while I waited for something scary to happen wondering wtf Iam I watching this boring crap for
    rolling my eyes at u son

  8. Post
    its true it was average

  9. Post
    Deadpool 2 - a favourite scene was the one with the guy running for his life and all the action happening out of focus in the background. Very inventive, very cool. NZ got a mention which I appreciated. Julian Dennison was okay, wasn't sure why Juggernaut became his loyal BFF though - cos he gave him some food? I guess/shrug

    I like the joke with the biker flubbing his line hehe. Most of the jokes weren't very funny tho. Overall since i didn't rate the original too highly, this was about the same - just okay.

  10. Post
    BZP wrote:
    Hereditary -very very tame was expecting so much more from all the hype 6/10

    I couldn't help but think is this even a horror for the 1st hour while I waited for something scary to happen wondering wtf Iam I watching this boring crap for
    hereditary is a mood piece about overthrowing the bourgeoisie

  11. Post
    The Night Comes For Us - Awesome ****ing movie on Netflix in the same league as the Raid movies. It even has some of the same actors. Story is pretty barebones as you might expect but the action scenes are awesomely brutal - 8/10

  12. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    The Night Comes For Us - Awesome ****ing movie on Netflix in the same league as the Raid movies. It even has some of the same actors. Story is pretty barebones as you might expect but the action scenes are awesomely brutal - 8/10
    10/10 fooking great

  13. Post
    BZP wrote:
    10/10 fooking great
    You should watch Headshot if you havent yet. Its written and directed by the same guy that did The Night Comes for Us & has a lot of the same actors including Iko Uwais. I just watched it on Netflix. I don't think its as good as The Night Comes for Us overall but I think I enjoyed the story more. The action scenes weren't as good though but still better than most Hollywood movies - 7/10

  14. Post
    Suspiria (201 - Well they said it was a divisive film and overall cant say I liked it. Far too long and too much irrelevant shit. Theres a good film there if they cut down the amount of things that went no where.

    I do admire that the director went the opposite of the original film in terms of visuals. Instead of trying to match the amazing colourfulness of the original, go the opposite and make it dreary and grey.

  15. Post
    Bird Box - 6/10 just like A Quiet Place only you cant look at the monsters,interesting watch worth 2 hours - Sandra Bullock

  16. Post
    Bird Box: Was okay but the threat of the monster was bullshit when it appears to be chasing people but is really just wind making tree branches rustle. I mean, why are they running exactly? That only insane people are unaffected was stupid, as in what qualifies someone as insane? Pretty sure mental illness is on a long spectrum. These "crazy" people seemed pretty well organised to me. The end was unsatisfying and bollocks. A Quiet Place is better, if we're making comparisons.

    Lion: The first half with the boy is brilliant, the drab shots of industrial India railyards are excellent and Saroo's ordeal is tragic. You will cry.

    Roma: I appreciate the quality here, every single scene is artistically and artfully composed. But I hated it just as much for its content. Ultimately hard to recommend.

  17. Post
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

    9/10 .

    Fantastic nostalgia fairy tale. The build up is slow, the lines are great, the actors all got time and a script to bring the main characters up. Easily one of my fav Quentin Tarantino movie and easily rewatchable for the actual actors and real brought to life sets , no cheap CGI etc or green screens here. And the final pay off is another brutal and visceral culmination of a lot of what QT brings in movies as well.

    it was great and highly recommended.