Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

The price of coke

I just got lunch from Buns Bakery, and opted to buy a 1.5K bottle of coke for $2.50, rather than pay $2.80 for a 600ml bottle. This pricing seems a little retarded to me, but hey I'm not complaining about getting more for less.

Do you see much of this? Why are 600mls so damned expensive nowdays?

2. Post
    Because they are probably the most conveniently sized drink for when you're out, meaning people would probably pay more just to be able to carry it around.

3. Post
    It's like that EVERYWHERE these days, $2.20 in Dunedin for a 600ml yet $1.70 or something for a 1.5L

Lift+ is the same...$2.50+ per bottle yet you can get the 6 packs for $9

4. Post
    Oh and all large corporations are evil money laundering bastards.

5. Post
    hmmm yea a friend of mine refuses to pay more than $1 per litre.
    aparently it costs them about 7c to make per 600ml.
    Vegrandis

6. Post
    OH... that type of coke, can't help you there mate...

7. Post
    Heh, if I actually drank that vile stomach & teeth rotting filth, I'd just carry around a big bottle seeing as you get more for less money.

I was with one_red_god one time years ago, driving around on the north shore. We stopped at a servo, and he did exactly that, bought a small bottle for more than I paid for a big bottle. (This was that purple grape fanta stuff.)

I thought I was all clever, but then I got a massive headache from all the ****ing sugar in it.

Moral of the story, don't drink shithouse coca cola company fizzy drinks They ruin you.

8. Post
    Some guy used to drink an entire 1.5L bottle of Fanta/Coke every day in my classics lecture.

He was a big fat American as well.

9. Post
    Wooo go 150 odd grams of Sugar!

If you're lucky you might be able to taste the Cola.

10. Post
    Couch wrote:
    Some guy used to drink an entire 1.5L bottle of Fanta/Coke every day in my classics lecture.

a whole bottle a day!! he must have had bad skin and rotten teeth and bad breath too
    when i buy a 600ml i only drink like 2 mouthfulls and dont want the rest - i dont know why i bother buying it in the first place.
    Vegrandis

11. Post
    I drink a shiteload of diet coke at work.

It gets really hot in the kitchen, and I have the choice between diet coke, full sugar crap, or water that tastes like lead mixed with arse.

12. Post
    I'm drinking Coke right now and I like it very much.

WORST wrote:
    or water that tastes like lead mixed with arse.
    That's better than Diet Coke.

13. Post
    I dont touch the full suger softdrinks anymore, and I feel a heckload better as a result.

14. Post
    I hardly ever drink soft drinks now. If I do it would be lift plus or fanta.

15. Post
    Was at the supermarket today and picked up a 175g jar of vegemite for $2 not on special and next to it was a 100g jar for about $2.80

16. Post
    I don't drink coke but I do buy it for my b/f in the weekly shopping. I'm a tight ass and refuse to pay for a small 600ml bottle.

I drink sprite zero.

Most of the time I drink water.

17. Post
    Also, it's Coke that screws over the little guy as their wholesale prices are in fact more expensive than they sell to supermarket chains and in fact, it's cheaper to buy from the supermarket than directly from Coke.

Good ol' buy in bulk.

What Coke gets in exchange for giving you a free fridge is that you must ONLY buy Coke products to put in that fridge to sell.
    Frucor have more flexible policy.

18. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    Also, it's Coke that screws over the little guy as their wholesale prices are in fact more expensive than they sell to supermarket chains and in fact, it's cheaper to buy from the supermarket than directly from Coke.
    That's only true when it's on special, hence corner shop owners buy their supplies from supermarkets during specials. It's not screwing the little guy asshole - Coke aren't going to have the same wholesale rate for an enormous buyer like a supermarket as for a little corner shop.

19. Post
    Couch wrote:

There was one of those fat people programs on Aussie tv not so long ago, was about fat children or something. I only watched on episode, some girl was given a 600ml coke and a pack of arnots biscuits every morning for breakfast. I couldn't watch anymore, had to turn it off.

20. Post
    dkjhgd wrote:
    That's only true when it's on special, hence corner shop owners buy their supplies from supermarkets during specials. It's not screwing the little guy asshole - Coke aren't going to have the same wholesale rate for an enormous buyer like a supermarket as for a little corner shop.
    Did you read the next bit I posted 'Good ol' buy in bulk'.
    And yes, they do with the way they approach things.
    My family's been in business down here for over 15+ years. I'd think I'd know more than you.

And even if it's not on special, it's still cheaper from the supermarket.
    Any smart small food business owner knows that it isn't profitable to offer drinks to sell in the long run.

21. Post
    coke price is a rip off here . where i come from- 600 ml - 80 cents . 2.5 litres - 1.20

22. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    Any smart small food business owner knows that it isn't profitable to offer drinks to sell in the long run.
    Then explain why every small food business offers drinks for sale? Ever stop to think that your parents are complete retards, too stupid to realise that if it's cheaper to buy from supermarkets, perhaps that's where they should source their drinks?

23. Post
    dkjhgd wrote:
    Then explain why every small food business offers drinks for sale? Ever stop to think that your parents are complete retards, too stupid to realise that if it's cheaper to buy from supermarkets, perhaps that's where they should source their drinks?
    As a compliment to the other food they sell.
    The mentality of 'I'm buying this food from this place, they got drinks, I might as well buy a drink too'
    Also accounting for the running costs of the fridge and the bare minimum profit you get from selling a drink = non-profitable/ very bad in terms of cost effectiveness.
    The only reason peope sign with Coke a lot is because of that free fridge as buying/ hiring one is expensive for a small business owner.

The only reason small food businesses sell drinks in because only as a compliment to the mian income that is their food they offer.

24. Post
    LOL, so in other words, what you're saying is that selling drinks makes your business unprofitable, but you do it anyway? Man, you're as dumb as your dumbwad parents.

25. Post
    dkjhgd wrote:
    LOL, so in other words, what you're saying is that selling drinks makes your business unprofitable, but you do it anyway? Man, you're as dumb as your dumbwad parents.
    That why we don't sell drinks.

Nice try though. Next time don't jump to conclusions.
    Or yeah, a better insult would be nice too.