Trademe WANTS!

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 9,276 to 9,296 of 9296

1. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    You might be thinking of the later S4 V8 engine, which has the timing chain at the back of the engine and the tensioners are made of cheese. IIRC these older ones run a belt on the front.
    Is the same setup used in the S5's? You can pick one of those up for $20k.

2. Post
    Want this but jesus christ it's dodgy:
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2013247476

It's a production S13 in drag.

Today I learned that TradeMe now has a Dealer category where you can't view anything about the dealer, including other listings or, more importantly, feedback.

I can't see any reason why this exists except to shield dodgy dealers.

And the car itself is a good example of that, I find it hard to believe anyone's business model is, "Import cars and sell them uncomplied"

I'm guessing they've brought it in, realised there's something significantly wrong with it that it won't comply or will be extremely expensive to resolve, and are pretending they never did so.

It's even cheaper than the cheapest on Goo-net before CIF and GST.

3. Post
    No feedback on classified ads at all.

What's the appeal of that car anyway?

4. Post
    Disinfo wrote:
    No feedback on classified ads at all.

What's the appeal of that car anyway?
    It's an entirely different environment, it would have to be purpose built as it didn't exist before. It's not that they don't do auctions and get no feedback, no visible feedback score exists for them. I'd understand if they added a review section but it's now a platform where sellers cannot build trust with buyers and buyers can't see whether a seller is trustworthy.

A trustworthy seller tends to use their trustworthiness as a selling point, such as people plastering their business websites with customer reviews, or auctions where businesses talk about how they have a 100% good feedback score. I'd be of the belief that only an untrustworthy seller would buy into a system that obscures the ability of customers to share their experiences.

I like Mitsuoka's MO, taking a common platform (Silvia, MX5, Mustang, March) and applying a modern take on old British styling. Also a fan of their other cars but they're surprisingly less common than the Le Seyde.

As well as the common platform meaning general parts are common as long as you're not crashing it, if you so desire it means you can do this when that platform is an S13 Silvia:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	225803

5. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    It's an entirely different environment, it would have to be purpose built as it didn't exist before. It's not that they don't do auctions and get no feedback, no visible feedback score exists for them. I'd understand if they added a review section but it's now a platform where sellers cannot build trust with buyers and buyers can't see whether a seller is trustworthy.
    Point that couldn't happen anyway as dealers typically don't run auctions so won't build any feedback.

6. Post
    Those things are a friggen nightmare to get through the LVV certification process. Run awaaaaayyyyyyy

7. Post
    Burn them. Complete abortions of cars.

8. Post
    I saw one roaming around botany. But it was based on an mx5.

9. Post
    Saw this pop up on my TM searches seems quite nice ! 205 Gti https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2024932535 Always had a soft spot for Peugeot gti's

10. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    Saw this pop up on my TM searches seems quite nice ! 205 Gti https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2024932535 Always had a soft spot for Peugeot gti's
    Had the chance couple years ago to buy one for $1700 and can't fathom why I didn't at the time.kicking myself now

11. Post
    They're pretty crazy to drive. I had a hoon of an early non power steering 1.9 GTI, and it's not much like anything else I've driven. Closer to Lotus Elise than anything else, but with a much derpier driving position.

12. Post
    $8500. Yea nah.

13. Post
    I test drove one years ago, and it was falling to bits. Didnt leave a good impression.

14. Post
    Yeah, being in one is like being in a bucket half filled with Lego.

15. Post
    wrong thread

16. Post
    wrong thread

17. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    wrong thread
    Speaking of things being wrong, have you clicked into his profile and looked at his activity?

And some of yours?

Name:	fuzzy.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	225940

Name:	fj.PNG 
Views:	49 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	225941

Apparently it's just guessing these days.

Mine seems to be alright, I don't know what's going on with your profiles.

18. Post
    ^ I think it's because he's a friend, as is Black Plague. Off to the right in the pics you've posted, there's a 'Friends' section.

19. Post
    This one might actually be of genuine achievable interest to people here.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...99163ee695-001

Uncomplied (therefore probably rusty ...) Bluebird turbo 4wd

$3250

Name:	1044538465.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	531.0 KB 
ID:	226144

20. Post
    I wouldn't mind owning one again but I just have no room for it lol