GP Hookups Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Looking for a reliable mechanic in the Eastern Bays. Willing to go to Panmure/Mt Wellington if needed. Have been using AA Panmure but feel like there are cheaper options out there.

2. Post
    Does anyone know someone that can do a cambelt (with all the tensioners and pulleys) + the front CV joints? I've been quoted around $1500 for a 1.5l Subaru Impreza and just seeing if thats inline or should I shop around

3. Post
    Hey Fam, I work for buy right cars so if you see something you like, flick me a PM and I'll see what I can do for ya!!

4. Post
    Any Merc engineers or service techs here? Or who can recommend a good Merc Service spot

5. Post
    AUCKLAND - anyone got any good recommendations for decently priced bumper repair guys? My bumper has started splitting from two ends. Ideally I want it repaired (plastic welded?) and also reinforced of some sort.. I've had a couple of quotes come back at the $900-1000 mark, and that's just ****ing ridiculous.

Photos below!

6. Post
    That would be a lot of work so that's probably about what I'd expect, always pays to shop around. If you didn't mind going aftermarket you can get pretty nice Supra bumpers off trademe etc a mate has a black one and it got a hit on the front and he replaced with an aftermarket one had it ain't matched and cost him less then a repair.

7. Post
    mmd wrote:
    AUCKLAND - anyone got any good recommendations for decently priced bumper repair guys? My bumper has started splitting from two ends. Ideally I want it repaired (plastic welded?) and also reinforced of some sort.. I've had a couple of quotes come back at the $900-1000 mark, and that's just ****ing ridiculous.

Photos below!
    I got mine fixed by the Clearview Motors in Ellerslie-Panmure highway.. they are decent priced - got mine bumped fix at 180 with repainted panel. Check with them maybe? Avoid St Heliers as being in a posh area they can be costly.
    https://www.clearviewmotors.co.nz/contact-us.aspx

So far they are my goto.

8. Post
    thunder.dragon wrote:
    I got mine fixed by the Clearview Motors in Ellerslie-Panmure highway.. they are decent priced - got mine bumped fix at 180 with repainted panel. Check with them maybe? Avoid St Heliers as being in a posh area they can be costly.
    https://www.clearviewmotors.co.nz/contact-us.aspx
    So far they are my goto.
    Thanks for the recommendation - did yours require plastic welding?