Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    lemlem wrote:
    Did you see it just now at skycity? The sound was WAY too loud in some parts, people were blocking their ears lol, first time i've seen people do that in a movie.
    Yes.

I had zero problems with the sound. I saw The Dark Knight earlier at the IMAX that evening. It made Eva sound like it was on mute.

2. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone - 3/5

There's not much to talk about really, pretty much a 80% direct remake of episodes 1-6, shot-for-shot more often than not.

Some of Shinji's minor character development was deleted out of necessity, but it's pretty much all there.

The animation and sound mix were good, worthy of a large budget animated feature.

They're really looking to be shaking things up with Part 2 though, judging by the preview after of the end credits.
    dammit I didn't watch past the credits. I guess the preview is floating around youtube but I'm to lazy to try find it :P

3. Post

4. Post
    You're right, that's a little strange:
    http://www.red-ant.com.au/ProductFamily.aspx?pf=2832

5. Post
    i'll wait for blu-ray.

6. Post
    i thought movie 2 comes out this year but looks like is got delayed till next year

7. Post
    Don't know if anyone cares, but if you miss watching Evangelion 1:0 on the big screen, they are screening it again on the big screen at Auckland Armageddon.

8. Post
    I was rather dissapointed by the first one... i thought they would atleast change it up a bit.

9. Post
    The battle with Ramiel is what made the movie so worth it for me, despite it's mostly a frame for frame retelling.

10. Post
    FUNimation have acquired the US rights to Eva 1.0, so hopefully we'll see a subbed Blu-ray release.

11. Post
    “Evangelion 3.0+1.0", June 2020, about DAMN TIME!