Black, Death, Doom, Thrash and other forms of Metal worth contributing

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    WTF at those vocals. I've heard they were unique to say the least but dear God, I'm not sure whether or not those shrieks are serious. And what the hell at the whimpers around 3 minutes in...

2. Post
    Pretty terrible. I thought Burzum could do the dieing woman vocals well enough but there are just too many contenders.

3. Post
    Sanctity is a pretty good modern thrash band. Similar to Nevermore but not really.

4. Post

LAST TICKETS ON-SALE NOW!

5. Post
    SmellyStuff wrote:
    Sanctity is a pretty good modern thrash band. Similar to Nevermore but not really.

similar to nevermore but not really.... what the hell does that mean?

i don't mind sanctity eh, they've definatly got the chops... their structures are real bland though.

oh and they sound nothing like nevermore

6. Post
    soup! wrote:
    similar to nevermore but not really.... what the hell does that mean?
    Nevermore was the only band I could think of. :/

7. Post
    Heres some bands...

Shade Empire - Pain & Pleasure
    (Melodic Industrial Dark/Black Metal)

The Vision Bleak - By Our Brotherhood With Seth
    (Gothic Metal)

Daylight Dies - Lies That Bind
    (Melodic Death/Doom Metal)

October Tide - 12 Days Of Rain
    (Melodic Doom/Death Metal)

8. Post

9. Post
    just started geting into job for a cowboy (check out doom its a f*ckin album) and waking the cadaver

loving them both

Attached Images

10. Post
    Sepultura's Beneath the Remains is wicked hot. I wish I hadn't heard all that roots crap when I was younger, it put me off Sepultura. It's taken me so long to bother checking out their death metal past.

11. Post
    That October Tide reminds me of old Paradise Lost

12. Post
    Anyone like Angel Witch? They are super kickass.

13. Post
    Angel Witch ****ing owns. Angel of Death!

I mentioned them on the first page.

14. Post
    **** yes Angel Witch RULES "You're an angel witch!! YOUR and angel witch!!!!" great ****ing song.

BeefyBurgers wrote:
    Sepultura's Beneath the Remains is wicked hot. I wish I hadn't heard all that roots crap when I was younger, it put me off Sepultura. It's taken me so long to bother checking out their death metal past.
    Early Sepultura is some of the most supreme metal ever. If you think Beneath the Remains is good, get Schizophrenia... that is ****ing THRASHTASTIC. Heaps better alb.

ps, its not death metal their early stuff.

15. Post
    Actually, adding to my last post: most NWOBHM ****ing owns.

16. Post
    Alestorm (changed their name from Battleheart not too long ago)

Fairly new band, they call themselves Pirate Metal (?) But it's good, yet crappily recorded pirate metal!... the name PIRATE METAL just does it for me, wether the music is GREAT or not.

Another cool thing is they're from Scotland (not Finland jejejeee....)

Actually maybe it isn't so badly recorded, I just noticed I only have their first self-titled demo. Anyway, they did a cover of Journey Man by Korpiklaani, and I have to say it's kickass.

I recommend the song "Nancy the Tavern Wench" if you want to hear some hearty Pirate Metal from Alestorm!

17. Post
    I've recently gotten into Arcturus. Both La Masquerade Infernale and The Sham Mirrors are absolutely amazing albums. I've been listening to them quite often recently. Garm has some of the most unique metal vocals ever.

18. Post
    Moh:Love wrote:
    Alestorm (changed their name from Battleheart not too long ago)

Fairly new band, they call themselves Pirate Metal (?) But it's good, yet crappily recorded pirate metal!... the name PIRATE METAL just does it for me, wether the music is GREAT or not.

Another cool thing is they're from Scotland (not Finland jejejeee....)

Actually maybe it isn't so badly recorded, I just noticed I only have their first self-titled demo. Anyway, they did a cover of Journey Man by Korpiklaani, and I have to say it's kickass.

I recommend the song "Nancy the Tavern Wench" if you want to hear some hearty Pirate Metal from Alestorm!
    They just finished recording their first album, so no more badly recorded demo's :P

19. Post
    Ret- wrote:
    **** yes Angel Witch RULES "You're an angel witch!! YOUR and angel witch!!!!" great ****ing song.

Early Sepultura is some of the most supreme metal ever. If you think Beneath the Remains is good, get Schizophrenia... that is ****ing THRASHTASTIC. Heaps better alb.

ps, its not death metal their early stuff.
    Guess it's an old argument and really an irrelevant one. They are wicked awesome.

20. Post
    SmellyStuff wrote:
    I've recently gotten into Arcturus. Both La Masquerade Infernale and The Sham Mirrors are absolutely amazing albums. I've been listening to them quite often recently. Garm has some of the most unique metal vocals ever.
    No Aspera Heims love?

21. Post
    I do like Fall Of Man, Wintry Grey and Thou Who Dwellest in the Night but I prefer Garm's sung vocals to his shrieked vocals.

22. Post
    The Wizard wrote:
    Bit of an odd request,

Anyone know of a band that has scientific themes/sound? Preferably Death Metal but Black and Doom are fine.
    Theory in Practice is like that. gl finding any though. Also Martyr has some 'scientific themes'. Both technical death metal.

Example of Theory in Practice regarding 'scientific themes'

4. Self Alteration

Behold our enemy, the cut throat machinery
    In for the kill, we'll never know what hit us, no

Extinction in evolution, activity in vague memory
    Behold the obscene - we're at one with the machines

A soulless existence, spiritual decadence

We begged for this damnation
    But hoped to hell it would vanish when it came
    Developing and breeding mechanical species
    A spawn of enemies, enslaver of minds

Burning the remains of thoughts