(1 vote)
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 4505

1. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    Why? Asians don't like metal?
    Japan seems to love it

2. Post
    Headcrab wrote:
    Then Judas Priest on Saturday. Going to be a damn good weekend.
    Theres Rock In The Park on Saturday if you feel like you need even more

3. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Slayer and Antrax tomorrow! woot! i bet i am likely the only asian there.. lol
    Look out for me. White, mid 30s. beard. black t-shirt, likely to be intoxicated at the time. You know Im going to ask any Asian I see tomorrow if they are you.

4. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    Why? Asians don't like metal?
    Most metal NZ gigs you'll see an disproportionate amount of white dudes

I've been looking into the metal scene in China and Korea for when I visit soon and I stumbled across this Black Metal band from Shandong - I saw they're playing Brutal Assualt this year too

https://pestproductions.bandcamp.com...1iQGtx7hHiZUTU
    Last edited by zephyrrrr; 15th March 2019 at 11:54 am.

5. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Look out for me. White, mid 30s. beard. black t-shirt, likely to be intoxicated at the time. You know Im going to ask any Asian I see tomorrow if they are you.
    i will be the shaved head short chubby one !

6. Post
    zephyrrrr wrote:
    Most metal NZ gigs you'll see an disproportionate amount of white dudes

I've been looking into the metal scene in China and Korea for when I visit soon and I stumbled across this Black Metal band from Shandong - I saw they're playing Brutal Assualt this year too

https://pestproductions.bandcamp.com...1iQGtx7hHiZUTU
    I mean yeah I have been to a NZ gig before, but Slayer and Anthrax has a much bigger audience and I doubt there would just be one Asian there lol.

7. Post
    was an odd , muted event for me , i did not stay long

8. Post
    Would have been a strange vibe what with what’s going on around the country and Chch at the moment.

9. Post
    I lost a shoe during Anthrax and have quite a sore foot. Saw an Asian that matched Bloodys description said his name was Sam. Slayer was intense. Crowd wasnt as energetic as I guess you'd expect, mind you it's a weird venue.

10. Post
    Yes i was not the only one, i think i met Sam and both of us went Hey another Asian lol.

so yeah i was not alone . I did not stay long, the Chch murders muted it.

11. Post

12. Post
    ^ Holy shit that is f**king terrible!! Good find!

13. Post
    Yeah the singing's crap but the guitaring I don't mind.

14. Post
    Some original work.

From the new Haiduk album 'Exomancer' [black metal]

15. Post
    GENUINE DILEMMA

Next moth is the Haunted/At the Gates gig. I want to go. But my GF is in town that time. Do I....

1. Ignore gig
    2. Buy tickets for both of us, subject her to 2hrs+ of something I know she will hate/not get
    3. Tell her I'm "working" and/or Just get her to hang out with local Auntie for the night.

?

16. Post
    How about the truth?

Say you'd love for her to come, but that she will hate it.

17. Post
    I dont really get into covers that much, but somehow I'm listening to a rock covers mix on Spotify.

In Flames cover of Depeche Mode's "It's no good" is f**king great. Put their own spin on it whilst remaining true to the original. Talented guys.

18. Post
    I've been getting back into Baroness recently. I think they should stick to single albums so there's less room for filler. Nothing will beat the first 2 EPs but there's no point comparing their modern stuff to those masterpieces

Frederick James wrote:
    How about the truth?

Say you'd love for her to come, but that she will hate it.
    this lol.. gigs are so rare in NZ that I'm sure she will understand you wanting to go instead of having a regular date night with her

19. Post
    I was really lukewarm on Purple until I saw them live at the King's Arms. That was an awesome gig, and I crank Purple quite often now.

20. Post
    damn Baizley needs to eat some pies tho

21. Post
    I'm super keen for their next album. Yellow & Green were awesome, Purple was good but a different kinda production than the previous stuff. It'll be interesting to see what the new back up vocalist/guitarist will be like.

22. Post

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...lack-metal-247

" For nearly a month, Dadabots has been streaming death metal nonstop on its YouTube channel. While that may sound like a huge undertaking for a typical four-piece metal band, Dadabots is actually an AI generating its own approximations of what death metal sounds like.

Dadabots—a fake band powered by deep learning software—was developed by CJ Carr and Zack Zukowski, two musicians and technologists who met while they were going to Berklee College of Music in Boston they told The Outline. It’s based on a recurrent neural network—computing architecture that “learns” patterns in a large amount of input data (in this case, death metal) in order to predict what musical elements and sequences are most common and recreates them. "

I have been streaming this all afternoon, and its FANTASTIC

23. Post

24. Post
    Re: Dadabots, while the idea is cool, it sounds like generic tech death with weird staccato vocals. Quite terrible imo.

Thought this was a great comment though.
    Name:  robotdeath.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  209.9 KB

25. Post
    All tech death sounds generic to me, guess my beard doesn't go down my neck far enough