Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

1. Post

The Witcher

Anyone playing this?

Just started playing great graphics and game play is very smooth. Playing PC version some nice attach moves and interaction with environment.

Running on max details on dual 8800's and awesome graphics with no bugs so far (installed patches)

GP Store has the uncensoured version btw

2. Post
    yep im loving it... im up to chapter 2, probably nearing the end of that chapter... really loving the tight character, story, and world design... unlike most rpg's, you cant play as a merchant, raiding tombs and the like for cool weapons, and selling them - after all, your playing a very specific character, a monster hunter... its a really nice touch to have such a definied and unique character.

your lucky your playing with SLI - the swamp was a huge performance hit for me.

3. Sad
    I got to the start of chapter 5, however, I've had to put it on hold for a while as the game keeps crashing ! Everything was so smooth right from the start, but now I can't play more than 5 minutes without it suddenly freezing up and giving me a driver error. I think it's "nvddmkm stopped working and has automatically recovered"
    Apparently this has been an issue for quite a few games in Vista with Nvidia type graphics cards. I am so gutted as there seems to be no visible way to fix this!
    I've put it on the shelf for now and am praying for another patch from either Nvidia or CDPROJECKT RED.

What a shame! But I still hold the opinion that this will at least make the RPG Game of the Year! I even think it's way better than Mass Effect!

4. Post
    Heard good things about this game .

5. Post
    Look, despite the fact it seems to have more bugs than an African jungle (at least for me) I still rate it 5/5! This is exactly what I expect a good game to be!

Kudos to CD Projeckt Red! Hope to hear more from that team in the future!

Sorry, can't stop raving!

6. Post
    Nasty-One wrote:
    Running on max details on dual 8800's and awesome graphics with no bugs so far (installed patches)

Wow thats surprising....

7. Post
    Nasty-One wrote:
    GP Store has the uncensoured version btw
    As does the rest of the country and almost everywhere except the US.

It is a brilliant game and despite my ongoing interest and involvement with it in the last 2 years, I'm still enjoying it as something completely fresh. I particularly enjoy it as it captures the atmosphere and unique flavor of the universe portrayed in the books perfectly.

8. Post
    Got it sitting here but waiting on graphics card to arrive =(

9. Post
    great game, i can't believe they got so much out of the old NWN (aurora) engine.
    the game looks amazing and the story/gameplay has really drawn me in.

1.2 patch is in works and is due before Xmas according to official forums...

10. Post
    up half way through Chapter 2. Totally loving it. Very engaging story for a westerner RPG (As oppose to japanese RPG).
    I can see that the devs has put ALOT of nice little touches into the game world eg: quests actually changes the world, uber dynamic story lines.
    Simple things such as pushing town folks out of your way while running, people run for cover when it rains or get dark really adds alot to the experience.
    There's a few glitches and hitches here and there, but it has yet to dampen the enjoyment.
    BTW, anyone using 8800GTS and got low fps while at The Swamp ?

11. Post
    im using a gtx and getting low fps in the swamp... i think its all the trees and stuff thats bogging it down or something

12. Post
    I found switching from OTS camera to Insomniac mode helps the game play alot when fps get low.
    Great looking game, nothing like the other Bioware engine

13. Post
    Are you lot whom are getting bad performance with 8800's running Vista?

14. Post
    yes... i am only when theres like a million people/trees on my screen

15. Post
    LonelyCupiD wrote:
    I found switching from OTS camera to Insomniac mode helps the game play alot when fps get low.
    Yeah, I'm an insomniac when playing 'The Witcher' too . It's a brilliant game with more quests than you can poke a stick at, but without getting into tedious fetch-quests.

16. Post
    So this is a good game?

*Brings up Gp Store*

17. Yelling
    No. This is a GREAT game!

18. Post
    Antaeus 00 wrote:
    No. This is a GREAT game!
    I see what you have done there

19. Post
    Awesome game so far.. the only problem is the ****ing unbelievable loading times that occur every time you want to go into or out of a house. However, apparently the coming patch is designed specifically to address the loading times issue.

20. Post
    Damn, there are just so many good games out at the moment, and not enough moolah or time to play all of them!

The Witcher was on my list of maybe's, but now it might get a bump up to my list of must haves....

I love RPG's, and am playing through Neverwinter Nights 2 and Stalker at the moment, until I treat myself to shiny new PC game for my birthday!

21. Post
    Ghostunit wrote:
    Awesome game so far.. the only problem is the ****ing unbelievable loading times that occur every time you want to go into or out of a house. However, apparently the coming patch is designed specifically to address the loading times issue.
    No apparently about it, the patch is coming and the performance boost is quite significant, especially with regards to the load times.

22. Post
    Ghostunit wrote:
    Yeah it's bloody annoying. First it loads the level, THEN it autosaves. I cut the loading time in half by disabling autosaves
    Hurry up patch! I wanna barge in in every house and rob them quicker!

23. Post
    IU don't find the autosaves very annoying, at least I hardly ever autosave.

24. Post
    A word of warning for Witcher fan. The official PR has stated in their forum that the some feature of the patch will not be available unless starting from scratch.
    Just a word of warning for people who have only started playing not to invest a lot of time into it.
    For the rest of us, we will just have to wait and see what are those features.

25. Post
    Foxman wrote:
    No apparently about it, the patch is coming and the performance boost is quite significant, especially with regards to the load times.
    Awesome news!

If the actual gameplay (and story) wasn't so damn good I would have destroyed the dvd in a fit of rage long ago.

When I'm questing around in the city, I would imagine about 20-30% of my time is spent staring at the loading and auto-save screens (my game likes to auto-save pretty much any time I load anything).

LonelyCupiD wrote:
    A word of warning for Witcher fan. The official PR has stated in their forum that the some feature of the patch will not be available unless starting from scratch.
    Just a word of warning for people who have only started playing not to invest a lot of time into it.
    For the rest of us, we will just have to wait and see what are those features.
    Oh well, if the new features are decent then it will just be another incentive (aside from the multiple endings) to play through the game a second time!