Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

1. Post
    Hey all,

I've just played around with DMT Tools, and increased my sync speed from 8mbit to 10.7 mbit....

Basically, you use the tool to decrease your snr margin, which allows for a less 'fussy' line sync. The risk is that you could experience increased disconnections. (I've not had any today and I changed the setting at lunch time)

Instructions for using the tool:
    http://www.kitz.co.uk/tute/voyager2100_DMT.htm

Download from: (I'm using v
    http://dmt.mhilfe.de/

(note the site isn't in english, but when you install the util, it gives you an english option)

BTW: Says it is designed for 'speed touch' modems, I'm using a Dynalink RTA1320, with the results shown here. I've also tried it on a D-link G604T, as you would expect, it didn't recognise it.

Give it a try and post results

Before and after line spec's below:

Attached Images

2. Post
    what's DMT tools?

3. Post
    Lokhor wrote:
    what's DMT tools?
    See edited note above.

4. Post
    so which modems will it work on? Does it supports RTA1320?

Edit - turns out V8 supports DSE modem/router...yipee

5. Post
    4.9db? HAHA

6. Post
    Why is that funny? As long the line is stable and not having connection issues/dropped packets etc then going down that low is fine. As you can see it does make a real difference in speeds.

7. Post
    Got mine up from 6500 to 7616Kbps with SNR dropping from 12dB to 6dB

8. Post
    ok, enjoy ur crc error.

9. Post
    :D wrote:
    ok, enjoy ur crc error.
    lol...there are none!

can someone try and open "Steam"....it should update...wont update...gets to 30% and resets back to 0%....just want to make sure whether its steam or the SNR tweak?

10. Post
    nice m8 damn im gud

DMT tool works on all modems tht have adslctl driver and broadcom chipset ther r some other tht work aswell but i wouldnt know.

Here is the telnet commands for modems tht dont work with DMT tool

Inside most modems is a hidden telnet server so the first step is to activate it. Enter the following link into a browser.

192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?todo=debug (Note this is only for certain modems most others, telnet will be enabled)

You may be presented with the login prompt. Use your normal username and password.

Next open a command prompt window.

START > RUN > CMD

in the window type - "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" your dsl modems ip access eg "192.168.0.1" without quotes and bingo you are in.

at the # type "adslctl --help" for the following list of commands:-

Quote:
    Usage: adslctl start [--up] [--mod <a|d|l|t|2|p|e|m>] [--lpair <(i)nner|(o)uter>
    ]
    [--trellis <on|off>] [--snr <snrQ4>] [--bitswap <on|off>] [--sra <on|
    off>]
    adslctl stop
    adslctl connection [--up] [--down] [--loopback] [--reverb]
    [--medley] [--noretrain] [--L3] [--diagmode] [--L0]
    [--tones <xmtStart xmtNum xmtMap rcvStart rcvNum rcvMap>]
    adslctl configure [--mod <a|d|l|t|2|p|e|m>] [--lpair <(i)nner|(o)uter>]
    [--trellis <on|off>] [--snr <snrQ4>] [--bitswap <on|off>] [--sra <on|
    off>]
    adslctl bert [--start <#seconds>] [--stop] [--show]
    adslctl info [--state] [--show] [--stats] [--SNR] [--QLN] [--Hlog] [--lin
    ediag] [--reset]
    adslctl --version

To set SNR type "adslctl configure --snr N" where N is the value from the table below (all values are approximate so suck it and see). The router will re-sync using the new value for SNR. It may take about 20 seconds for the router to re-sync and establish a connection. It is generally recommended to have SNR > 6db.

N -- SNR(db)
    6 -- 4.6
    7 -- 4.8
    8 -- 4.9
    9 -- 4.9
    10 -- 4.7
    20 -- 5.6
    30 -- 6.2
    40 -- 6.9
    50 -- 7.4
    60 -- 8.2
    70 -- 8.8
    80 -- 9.3
    90 -- 10

Type "adslctl info --stats" for router stats.

Check at the top of the stats list for your new sync rate and downstream SNR.

Type "exit" to exit.

11. Post
    Quagmire wrote:
    lol...there are none!

can someone try and open "Steam"....it should update...wont update...gets to 30% and resets back to 0%....just want to make sure whether its steam or the SNR tweak?

its steam, i and a few others i know of are getting the same problem, a look on the steampowered forums shows a **** load of ppl are also getting it

12. Post
    Gambit wrote:
    its steam, i and a few others i know of are getting the same problem, a look on the steampowered forums shows a **** load of ppl are also getting it

if you guys want working steam, add me to msn lol. I got the updated when they first released it good thing to be an insomniac eh?

13. Post
    (Ne)niaz wrote:
    if you guys want working steam, add me to msn lol. I got the updated when they first released it good thing to be an insomniac eh?
    my steam updated no problem

14. Post
    Now, I ain't no genius, but something tells me I don't want to be using this DMT tool to decrease my CRC errors any further, considering I already have this many at present:

Is that a shit connection or not?

Attached Images

15. Post
    Liquidus wrote:
    Now, I ain't no genius, but something tells me I don't want to be using this DMT tool to decrease my CRC errors any further, considering I already have this many at present:

Is that a shit connection or not?
    your crc errors are low ass wich is gud but if u want to make your line more stable then increase your SNR to say 13-15 let me know if u not sure how to do tht.

16. Post
    Dynalink RTA 1025W

adsl start --snr 2

Line Rate 6688 Kbps
    Noise Margin 6.3 dB

Looks like it won't go under that snr, since it was giving me that when I used adsl start --snr 12

17. Post
    Liquidus i wouldnt reco using it, btw you're using a dicksmith router right? they always show crc errors even when there is none. Try testing a different router 100% sure that they wont be there i was having that issue few weeks ago

18. Post
    saajiik wrote:
    Dynalink RTA 1025W

adsl start --snr 2

Line Rate 6688 Kbps
    Noise Margin 6.3 dB

Looks like it won't go under that snr, since it was giving me that when I used adsl start --snr 12
    try adslctl start --snr 1 tht is as low as it goes

19. Post
    Everything 12 and below give the same snr

8, 6, 4, 2, 1. Tried them all, no difference. (Well, maybe .1-.3, but still above 6db)

EDIT: Do you have any idea how to save settings so I don't need to go into SSH every time I reboot?

20. Post
    For some weird reason my router wont let me telnet it anymore :< it worked about 4 months ago :O!

21. Post
    saajiik wrote:
    Everything 12 and below give the same snr

8, 6, 4, 2, 1. Tried them all, no difference.

mm k 6.3dB is around the right mark cause im at 6.3 aswell but i do c a speed difference between snr 12 compare to snr 1. any speed difference for u between those 2 settings?

22. Post
    (Ne)niaz wrote:
    For some weird reason my router wont let me telnet it anymore :< it worked about 4 months ago :O!
    did u enable it?
    what modem have u got?

23. Post
    dick smith electronics XH1169 10v2 already done ports etc ;'<

24. Post
    Napster9111 wrote:
    any speed difference for u between those 2 settings?
    ~10kBps

Extra 100kbps on the sync rate.

25. Post
    saajiik wrote:
    ~10kBps

Extra 100kbps on the sync rate.
    either its workin or ur line conditions changed but either way its nice to have fastest speeds possible while maintaining stability and keeping errors as low as possible.