Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678

1. Post
    Wow, RE-ADSL2? Where are you located? I couldn't sync with RE-ADSL2 on my exchange or when the cabinet was put in.
    Do trial and error till noise margin is around 8, that should keep your line fairly stable and give a decent increase.

2. Post
    eXDee wrote:
    Wow, RE-ADSL2? Where are you located? I couldn't sync with RE-ADSL2 on my exchange or when the cabinet was put in.
    Do trial and error till noise margin is around 8, that should keep your line fairly stable and give a decent increase.
    lol what does RE-ADSL2 even mean? I live around Half Moon bay - Auckland.

Well I adjusted it to 30% and here my stats

3. Post
    ><" I just realised only my downstream is around 8dB but upstream is at 30.8 LOL. Should I change back?

4. Post
    Soopa wrote:

Increase of 500 isnt heaps, but your line is very long. Also your modem has decided to resync in ADSL2+ mode this time. You can change the mode it syncs in under advanced, but you'll have to reapply DMT settings as every time you reset or loose sync it'll go back to how it was before.

Reach Extended ADSL2
    This graph shows theoretical maximums for line speed vs distance. As you can see RE-ADSL2 boosts up a little bit on long lines compared to ADSL2+

5. Post
    Just wondering if anyone could possibly shed some light on why my speeds are always terrible, is it congestion or what? I'm on the Pt Chevalier exchange.

6. Post
    You're on a FS/128k plan. This will limit your download to around 4mbit iirc, but someone mentioned if ACK's are changed then you can go higher?

7. Post
    Soopa wrote:

RE ADSL2+ is for ppl that live very far from the exchange which improves speed. so use that and then drop snr down to about 10% and see how ur line handles that. If it drops just go up to 20% and so on till its stable.

8. Post
    I think I do live around 4km away from the exchange which is quite far... So how do I set this back to the original speeds?

9. Post
    Soopa wrote:
    I think I do live around 4km away from the exchange which is quite far... So how do I set this back to the original speeds?
    Just restart the modem and it should revert back to default settings.

10. Post
    To all netgear owners. There is a firmware available that allows you to select snr % and can be saved permanently. it also comes with some cool features that come in handy.

I am not sure if the SNR can be changed on all the netgear routers but its worth a shot .

check it out.
    http://dgteam.ilbello.com/

Btw had Telecom come fix some noise on my line and i now sync about 3mb/s higher.
    This was with a Dynalink RTA1320 supplied by telstra. Just thought id test it out. The netgear is still better as this modem seems to have higher latency and runs like crap when handling multiple connection.
    Just to point out that with the Netgear Dg834n i get 18ms to Game servers in Auckland compare to 26 with the Dynalink.

11. Post
    my sync goes from 12000 to 15000 using DMT tools

12. Post
    i've managed to get my rta1320 from 7500 to 9300. quite impressed with that, now to wait and see if there will be too many errors to make it worthwhile. although in the 10 mins or so after changing it, there has been no complications. nice find

13. Post
    lukej wrote:
    i've managed to get my rta1320 from 7500 to 9300. quite impressed with that, now to wait and see if there will be too many errors to make it worthwhile. although in the 10 mins or so after changing it, there has been no complications. nice find
    If you have any issues with errors and drop outs see if the modem is not overheating as i had mine drop to 4mb/s because of overheating and it had 3000+ crc errors every 3-5mins. plugged the netgear in and bam back to 12mb/s with 3-10 crc errors every 15mins and had no dropouts since i plugged it in.

14. Post
    hello,

does any one have DMT Tool V8, i can't find it anywhere and DMT website is down
    please if some one have it upload it somewhere and send the link please ?

Thank you

15. Post
    madabdo wrote:
    hello,

does any one have DMT Tool V8, i can't find it anywhere and DMT website is down
    please if some one have it upload it somewhere and send the link please ?

Thank you
    Are you in an old DSL area? Most areas have been upgraded to VDSL which DMT doesn't work with because of Vectoring. Theres very few routers that DMT still work with, some more modern routers like the Draytek Vigor's you can adjust the SNR from the CLI

16. Post
    Jarsky wrote:
    Are you in an old DSL area? Most areas have been upgraded to VDSL which DMT doesn't work with because of Vectoring. Theres very few routers that DMT still work with, some more modern routers like the Draytek Vigor's you can adjust the SNR from the CLI
    I have two ISP connections, one VDSL and the other one ADSL2+

I really want to adjust the SNR and Channel type from Interleaved to fastpath

i would be grateful, if you can tell me which routers i can get to do that please ?